With an iPhone, you can access the internet abroad easily – but don’t get ripped off. You should make sure you buy an affordable international SIM card for your iPhone before you travel abroad.
Let’s learn more
How does an international SIM card work on my iPhone?
You can buy an international SIM card to connect to the internet when you’re abroad. It will give you mobile data at an affordable, upfront price – this is a lot cheaper than using your current provider.
Some iPhone have dual-SIM features so you can insert the new SIM card without losing your old one.
Where can I buy an international SIM card card for iPhone?
There are two options when you’re buying an international iPhone SIM card:
- Buy before you go
- Buy in your destination
But which one should you choose? Let’s compare:
Advantages of buying before you go
- Internet the moment you land – perfect if you need to order a cab from the airport or use Google Maps
- Order online from the comfort of your own home
- Don’t get ripped off – some operators know that tourists will spend almost anything on internet (especially in a foreign country). With an online store dedicated to travel, you can trust you’ll get the right price
- Buy in your language – if you don’t know the Chinese for “SIM card”, it might be difficult to get the right product
Advantages of buying once you arrive
- More choice – you might find that in your destination there are more data plans so you can find the right fit for your trip
Join the eSIM revolution – the newest way to get online abroad
An eSIM is a virtual SIM card – and as an iPhone user, you can take advantage of this new technology.
But how does an eSIM work?
Well, you can get an electronic SIM card just by scanning a QR code. This technology is in your phone right now, but you don’t even know it!
eSIMs are the best way for travelers to get online. Why? Because there’s no need to go into a shop and sign contracts and there’s no waiting around for delivery.
You just buy the product, and within two minutes you’ll have the QR code.
Can I use eSIM on my iPhone?
You can use an eSIM on any of the following devices:
- iPhone XR (model A2105, from 2018)
- iPhone XS (model A2097, from 2018)
- iPhone XS Max (model A2101, from 2018)
- iPhone 11 (model A2221, from 2019)
- iPhone 11 Pro (model A2215, from 2019)
- iPhone SE (model 2020)
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
How to set up an eSIM on iPhone?
- Turn on WiFi
- Click “Add new data plan” from your settings menu
- Scan the QR code
- Install the eSIM and choose it as the option for mobile data
- Turn on data roaming, and start browsing
It’s as easy as that and only takes 3-4 minutes!
Take a look at this article for a full guide.
Where can I use my iPhone for internet?
Why not check out this list of countries from Holafly.
With an iPhone, you can enjoy a number of popular destinations, such as:
- Fast internet connection from AT&T, perfect for your trip to the US
- Reduced price so you don’t have to break the bank to get online
- The best option for a trip to Miami, New York or any other part of the USA
- Fast internet for one of our favorite tourist Turkey destinations
- 4G speed throughout the country
- All for an affordable price
- 40 destinations with one eSIM – and all for the price of one!
- Connect to the best internet provider in each destination
- Options for up to a month, so you’re covered your whole trip
Discover all 100+ destinations at Holafly’s online store.