If your next travel destination is Indonesia, and you want to save on the high international roaming costs, buying a SIM card for Indonesia will be one of the best options you will have to stay connected to the internet during your trip. Nowadays having an internet connection is a must on our trips to keep in touch or share moments with our family or friends.
That is why throughout this article we will be telling you all about how to acquire a prepaid SIM card for your trip. Likewise, we will talk about its features, prices and where to buy it. So that you can take one with you on your trip with the best internet connectivity service!
Unlimited data eSIM for Indonesia
Buy an Unlimited data eSIM for Indonesia with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
Where can I buy a SIM card for Indonesia?
One of the most frequent questions travelers ask about prepaid SIM cards, is where can they buy this type of service? Let us tell you that nowadays it is effortless to buy a SIM card for your travels, and there are different ways to buy them from which you can choose the one that best suits your preference.
First, with the advancement of technology, it is becoming more and more possible to make purchases online. That is why you can buy your prepaid SIM card for Indonesia through online stores. An excellent example of where you can buy your SIM card is Holafly, a virtual store specialized in selling this type of service and much more!
On the other hand, if you prefer to make your purchases in person, you can also buy a SIM card once you arrive in Indonesia. Although you can choose between different physical stores, you will have to wait until you arrive in the country and buy your service to be able to connect to the Internet. Also be aware that if you arrive late at night or at dawn it will be much more difficult to get a SIM card.
Finally, an option that you could also take, in case you have a new generation phone, is to buy an eSIM for Indonesia. With this option, you will not have to wait for a delivery, since the service is completely online.
Holafly Unlimited data eSIM for Indonesia: a great alternative
To start off, we would like to tell you about an innovative alternative that will also allow you to have an internet connection during your trip. We are talking about the eSIM, which is a new device smaller than a nano-SIM that is preinstalled on the cell phone’s hardware and does not need physical installation.
Also, as we mentioned before, these eSIMs work mainly on the latest generation devices, so they are incompatible with all types of phones. So if you find that you can make use of an eSIM, we recommend that you purchase one, with which you can enjoy the following features:
- It is straightforward to purchase online.
- 4G speed connection.
- You can enjoy unlimited data plans during your trip.
- eSIMs are easy to activate through QR codes.
- You don’t need to change your phone number, so you can call and message all your contacts on WhatsApp.
- The eSIM is digital, so your original SIM will work as usual if you need it.
- The Holafly eSIM offers you 24 hours technical support!
Please note that eSIMs do not offer local phone numbers. That’s why eSIMs are only for cellular data use. So if you need to receive or make calls, maybe the SIM card is your best option.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Indonesia cost?
If you think that eSIM could be your best option for your trip, here are the specifications of the different Holafly eSIM plans for Indonesia, along with their prices:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||€19 / $19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||€34 / $34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||€47 / $47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||€57 / $54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||€69 / $64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||€87 / $84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||€99 / $99|
This eSIM for Indonesia is perfect for people living outside Europe, as they will not have to wait long for delivery.
Holafly SIM card for Indonesia
Now yes, we have already told you about an alternative that will allow you to stay connected during your trip to Indonesia. So now we will talk about the prepaid SIM card as another excellent alternative that you can purchase for your trip and that you will enjoy using. This type of service is more for travelers, that is why you will mainly enjoy cellular data during your trip.
Also, while SIM cards do have a physical installation, you can also purchase them online and wait for a delivery that will only take a few days. So if you want to know more about this prepaid SIM card, here are its main features:
- You can enjoy unlimited data plans, which offer 4 GB of 4G and unlimited 2G data.
- It is easy to install and activate.
- You can count on 24-hour technical support if you purchase your SIM card with Holafly.
- You can opt for free delivery of your SIM card.
- You’ll be connected to the best internet networks in Indonesia.
- You keep your number for WhatsApp to call and text all your contacts.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
Below you will also find all the specifications regarding Holafly’s SIM card plans for Indonesia, so you can compare options and prices:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||€29 / $29|
|10 days||Unlimited data||€39 / $39|
|15 days||Unlimited data||€49 / $49|
|20 days||Unlimited data||€59 / $59|
|30 days||Unlimited data||€69 / $69|
|60 days||Unlimited data||€99 / $99|
|90 days||Unlimited data||€129 / $129|
Telkomsel SIM card for Indonesia
The largest company offering SIM cards in Indonesia is Telkomsel, and its coverage and services can be used throughout the country. That is why when you arrive in Indonesia, you will find physical stores of this operator where you can buy prepaid SIM cards for your stay in the country. Their services have the following features:
- They offer excellent plan alternatives and great prices.
- You can buy data packages and add-ons.
- Your balance will be reduced through the consumption of data or through international voice calls.
- You can check your balance through the Telkomsel website.
- They only accept payments by credit card or cash.
Indosat SIM card for Indonesia
This is another popular company in Indonesia that offers SIM cards and coverage with 2G, 3G, and 4G/LTE plans. Their internet speeds are relatively fast, and you can purchase their SIM card plans once you arrive in Indonesia, which have the following features:
- With the minute package, you will be able to call China, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, and India.
- The two packages offered are only valid for 10 days.
- Half of the data offered can be used in the morning and the rest in the afternoon.
- It has good coverage throughout the country.
- You can enjoy streaming data for YouTube, Spotify, Instagram, and others.
Which is the best SIM card for Indonesia?
To decide which is the best SIM card for your trip to Indonesia, it is necessary to compare the different features it offers, its costs, and obviously the coverage you can get. That is why we can definitely say that Holafly offers the best SIM card for Indonesia.
With them, you can enjoy different features such as 24-hour service, and unlimited data, so you will not have to worry about running out of data at any time. And best of all, the purchase process is simple, fast, and does not require any type of contract signing or agreements.
Frequent questions about the best SIM card for Indonesia
The Indonesian data SIM cards are from Indosat, one of the best in the country.
No, this card only includes data, we recommend you make calls via Skype or WhatsApp.
The Indonesian SIM card is activated when you insert it into your cellphone, once landed and from that moment the days start to count. The card expires after the days of validity and is counted by calendar days, not hours.
Depending on the type of service your operator offers, your problem can be solved. Some Indonesian operators can solve your problems during a specific time range in the day. In the case of Holafly, they offer 24/7 service and support for either the eSIM or SIM card.
Recommendations to choose the best SIM card for Indonesia
Finally, we would like to leave you with some recommendations that you should consider before purchasing your SIM card or when using it:
- If it is not possible to receive SIM card delivery to your location, you can purchase an eSIM online as an alternative.
- If you will not be using your cellphone, it is best to keep your cellular data turned off.
- Before traveling to Indonesia, check the country entry requirements, that way you won’t have any issues when going there.
- Try not to buy your SIM card at the airport because it can be more expensive.
With these recommendations, we hope you can enjoy your trip to Indonesia to the fullest. Also, don’t forget to share all your moments with your family and friends.