Australia is a place most people want to visit. Whether it is for its beaches or the country’s fauna, it is a destination people truly love to visit. Therefore, people have to stay communicated as much as possible when traveling there. How can they do it? With an Australia SIM card!
Today we will talk about the Australia SIM card and all its features. That way, you will know how to get one, where to get it, and other important information that can help you to stay communicated while traveling.
eSIM for Australia
Where can I buy a SIM card for Australia?
This is the most frequent question people make. It is fair to say that not everyone knows where to get one, so let’s see the options.
- In an online store: For example, you can get your SIM card through the Holafly online store within minutes and activate it on your cellphone.
- Physical stores: Another option for people to buy their SIM cards is a physical store that they can surely find while traveling, these stores can be found around the city or at the airport.
- In case you want to try something different, there’s always an option to use an eSIM.
Holafly eSIM for Australia: a great alternative
Time to talk about something that people have to know, especially those who travel a lot. Let’s see what can we expect from the eSIM card, and what benefits people can get while using one, and especially what can people get if they choose Holafly as their eSIM provider.
In resume, eSIM cards are basically normal SIM cards, but they are completely digital, and they mostly work on last-gen devices. So, let’s see why we say it is a great alternative for people to use a Holafly eSIM Australia.
- eSIMs allow people to share data.
- eSIMs are easy to activate through a QR code.
- While using an eSIM, people will have a 4G connection.
- There aren’t any major changes on the cellphone when the eSIM is activated.
- To activate the eSIM, people only need an internet connection.
- Works as well as a roaming service.
- If bought with Holafly, people will have 24/7 customer support.
The only thing to remember about eSIMs is that it doesn’t give people a new phone number. As long as the eSIM is used, people will keep their old cellphone number.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Australia cost?
Let’s see how much an eSIM for Australia costs.
|Days of Use||Mobile Data||Price (USD)|
|30 Days||10 GB||34 USD|
|30 Days||20 GB||44 USD|
As we told you before, the eSIM is quite cheaper than using a normal roaming service!
Holafly SIM card for Australia
Time to talk about the SIM card Australia. This is one of the most famous alternatives nowadays, but we aren’t talking about a normal SIM card; this is one that can be used for traveling purposes.
We can tell there are some main differences between a normal SIM card and the one we are talking about here, especially the one offered by Holafly. So, let’s talk more about what are the benefits of using one.
- Allows people to share mobile data.
- SIM cards will work with 4G networks if possible.
- People will get a new phone number to make phone calls and receive text messages.
- Offers a pretty good coverage.
- Must be activated before using the SIM card.
- If bought with Holafly, people have 24/7 customer support service available.
Something we forgot to mention is the fact people can buy SIM cards for over 70 different countries with Holafly!
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
Now, if you decide to use a SIM card instead of an eSIM, here’s what you need to know.
|Days of Use||Mobile Data||Price (USD)|
|30 Days||8 GB||39 USD|
|30 Days||12 GB||49 USD|
Vodafone SIM card for Australia
In case you are wondering if there are any mobile operators in Australia, the answer is yes. It might be a bit obvious to tell, but we are here to keep things clear for everyone.
One of the services people can use is Vodafone. This company is well-known around the world, and they are also part of the Australian communication companies. So, let’s see what they offer.
- Offer roaming services with all their plans.
- People can manage their accounts through the Vodafone website.
- Works with 4G and 5G connections.
- Works on most devices out there.
The only thing we can tell here is the fact buying a Vodafone SIM card and paying for its plan can be somehow expensive. Now, that’s not something that happens with the Holafly SIM card.
Optus SIM card for Australia
Let’s talk about another alternative. Telstra is also a well-known company among people in Australia, and it is worth mentioning them here.
Just like it happens with Vodafone, they also have some requirements and benefits for its clients.
- Offers different kinds of bonuses with their SIM cards.
- People can manage their accounts through the Optus website.
- Offers some trials for people to try their service.
- They don’t offer eSIMs for now.
As we can tell, Optus is a good option for some people, especially for locals. But, for travelers, Holafly is still a better alternative.
Which is the best SIM card for Australia?
Up to this point, we have talked about many different things. But, it’s time to tell which company is the best of the ones we talked about. For us, Holafly is the clear winner here.
Due to its benefits and data plans, it is by far the best option for travelers.
Frequent questions about the best SIM card for Australia
Try contacting your SIM card provider to solve any issue you have. If you bought your SIM card with Holafly, you have access to 24/7 customer support.
It is quite easy to get one! With Holafly, you can simply go to their website and choose your destination and then complete the purchase.
As for now, there are two main mobile operators in Australia. These two are Vodafone and Optus.
A SIM card is a must whenever you are traveling because it will help you to stay communicated with other people, and it will help you to save money as well.
Recommendations to choose the best SIM card for Australia.
- Download content you can enjoy even without an internet connection and try to not download things with your SIM card.
- Check that your cellphone has unlocked bands before buying a SIM card.
- Check, before traveling, the entry requirements for tourists to avoid issues.
- Turn off the data of your cellphone when you are not using it.
Now it’s time to say goodbye! Up to this point we truly hope you have learned as much as possible, and we expect that you know which one is the best option for you to get a SIM or eSIM card when traveling!