After the launch of the latest iPhone models in 2018, the eSIM, a virtual SIM card, has become the latest trend in consumer tech, and Android cellphone manufacturers have begun implementing it on their devices. So, here’s everything you need to know about which network carriers support eSIM technology for iPhone and Android.
So, which providers support eSIM around the world? This is essential to know if you like to travel, so check out our list divided by continent.
Before buying an eSIM, we recommend you look if your cellphone supports eSIM.
International eSIM to travel abroad
Are you traveling abroad? Buy an international eSIM from here. More than 130 countries in the world.
What carriers support eSIM?
eSIM carriers in Europe
eSIM technology is widespread in Europe. These are the carriers that support virtual cards:
- Spain: Movistar, Orange, Vodafone, Pepephone, Yoigo, O2.
- Austria: T-Mobile, Three.
- Croatia: Hrvatski Telekom, A1.
- Czech Republic: T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone.
- Germany: Telekom, Vodafone, 1&1, O2.
- Hungary: Magyar Telekom, Telenor, Vodafone.
- United Kingdom: EE, O2, Vodafone, Three.
- Latvia: LMT
- Italy: TIM, Vodafone, WINDTRE.
- Switzerland: Salt, Sunrise, Swisscom
- Georgia: MagtiCom.
- Greece: Cosmote
- Sweden: Three, Tele2, Telenor, Telia.
- France: Orange, Bouygues Telecom, Free Mobile, SFR.
- Finland: Telia, Elisa, DNA.
- Slovakia: Orange, 4KA, Orange, Telekom, O2.
- Slovenia: A1, Telekom Slovenije, Telemach.
- Estonia: Telia, Elisa.
- Denmark: Trhee, TDC, Telenor, Telia.
- Romania: Orange, Vodafone.
- Portugal: MEO, NOS.
- Poland: Orange, Plus, T-Mobile.
- Moldova: Moldcell, Orange.
- Montenegro: Telekom, Telenor.
- Norway: Telenor, Telia, Ice.
- Belgium: Orange, Proximus, Telenet.
- Belarus: A1, MTS.
- Netherlands: T-Mobile, Vodafone, KPN.
- Luxembourg: MTX Connect, POST, Tango, Orange.
- Ukraine: Kyvstar, Lifecell, TriMob, Vodafone.
- Russia: MTS, Beeline, MegaFon, Tele2.
Asia: carriers that support eSIM card
The operators that support eSIM cards in Asia are:
- India: Airtel, Jio, Vodafone-Idea.
- United Arab Emirates: du, Etisalat, Virgin Mobile.
- Jordan: Orange, Zain, Umniah.
- Hong Kong: 1O1O, Three, csl, China Mobile, SmarTone
- Vietnam: Viettel Mobile, Mobifone.
- Kuwait: Ooredoo, STC, Viva, Zain.
- Kazakhstan: Beeline, Tele2, Kcell.
- Thailand: AIS, DTAC, TrueMove H.
- Taiwan: APT, Chunghwa Telecom, FarEasTone, Taiwan Mobile
- Sri Lanka: Dialog, Mobitel.
- Singapore: M1.
- Saudi Arabia: Mobily, STC, Zain
- Qatar: Ooredoo, Vodafone.
- Philippines: Globe, Smart.
- Cambodia: Smart Axiata, Cellcard, Metfone.
- Oman: Omantel, Ooredoo.
- Bahrain: Batelco, Viva, Zain, STC.
- Malaysia: Celcom, Digi, Maxis, U Mobile.
- Armenia: Ucom.
- Lebanon: Alpha
Carriers that support virtual cards in North America
Here is the list of eSIM carriers in North America:
- Canada: Bell, Fido, Freedom, Koodo, Lucky Mobile, Rogers, Telus, and Virgin.
- United States: AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
- Mexico: AT&T, Telcel, Movistar
Latin America: carriers that support eSIM
The carriers that support eSIM cards in Latin America are:
- Colombia: Movistar, Claro (Comcel), Tigo.
- Argentina: Personal, Movistar, Claro
- Brazil: Claro, Vivo, TIM
- Chile: Movistar, Entel, Wom
- Uruguay: Antel, Movistar, Claro
- Paraguay: Claro
- Ecuador: Movistar, Claro
- Peru: Claro, Waoo
Middle East: eSIM-supported operators
Below you can see which operators have eSIM support or service in the Middle East:
- Turkey: Türk Telekom, Turkcell, Vodafone.
- Bahrain: Batelco, STC, Zain.
Africa: carriers with eSIM
Africa is the least developed continent in virtual card technology, and currently, only some operators support eSIM.
- South Africa: Vodacom (Vodafone), Cell C, Telkom.
- Tunisia: Ooredoo.
Oceania: eSIM providers
There are some cellular providers that support eSIM on this continent:
- Australia: Vodafone, Optus, Telstra.
- Guam: iConnect, IT&E.
- New Zealand: Spark
Carriers in the world with eSIM for Apple Watch
Most carriers worldwide that support eSIM have eSIM for Apple Watch and other Smartwatches compatible with eSIM. The eSIM works as a second line.
Keep in mind that for an operator to support eSIM for Apple Watch, it must offer MultiSIM.
Operators using eSIM as mainline
iPhone and Samsung are the cellular devices with large eSIM support in the world and with the most compatible operators. So, below, you will learn a little about providers with eSIM as mainline in the USA.
Mobile operators with eSIM in the USA
In the USA, almost all cellular operators have eSIM support as a mainline or second line, especially since the launch of the new eSIM-only iPhone 14. However, here you will find a list of each local carrier with eSIM in the US.
- Mint Mobile
- Google Fi
We invite you to learn how the new Holafly eSIM App for iPhone works!
The eSIMs future
By 2024, around one billion devices will feature eSIM technology, according to a report published by analyst company IHS Markit. This means that the demand undermining the production of physical SIM cards will be reduced by approximately 70%.