If you need to check on your iPhone to see if you activated your eSIM properly, you need to follow some steps to make sure everything is working as it should. So, it’s important to know how to check if an eSIM is activated on an iPhone!
For people using an iPhone, getting access to an eSIM is surely something quite important. Nowadays, eSIMs have changed things a lot and have allowed people to keep communicating more easily.
With this idea in mind, consumers need to know two things, whether they can use one and how they can tell if the eSIM has been activated on an iPhone.
Virtual SIM card for travel abroad
Things you need to know about eSIM on the iPhone
It is important to keep in mind that not all iPhones are compatible with an eSIM. As a matter of fact, this will depend on two things. Firstly, owners need to know if their iPhones can support an eSIM, but this is a feature that has been included on these smartphones for quite some time now.
On the other hand, iPhone users also need to check if they can use an eSIM from a different wireless provider. Sometimes, these smartphones aren’t unlocked, which means it doesn’t have open bands. This can limit things a bit, but people can always find a way to unlock their device to use it with different carriers.
Even though people couldn’t use more than one eSIM per device, things have changed with the latest devices. Since the iPhone 13, people could have 2 eSIMs working on the device. But with iPhones 14 and iPhones 15, the number of virtual SIM cards increased to up to 8 per device, which makes it a lot better.
Other things to keep in mind are the following:
- Depending on the carrier you are using, the cellular data amount, SMS, and phone calls will vary.
- iPhone users can transfer an eSIM from one device to another using “Quick Transfer.”
- Users need to have an internet connection available when activating a virtual SIM on an iPhone.
- If people are using an international eSIM, like the one provided by Holafly, there’s no limit on how many to use as long as these are used separately.
How do I know if my eSIM is activated on my iPhone?
To do this, people need to know how to check whether the eSIM is working or not. The process, as some people might think, is not so complicated.
Here are the step-by-step instructions you need to follow in order to make sure your eSIM is activated on your iPhone.
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your device.
- Visit the “Cellular” menu and look for the available plans shown there.
- If the eSIM you are using was properly activated, it should appear there with the name or label you put on it.
- By pressing on the eSIM, people can get additional information about it if needed.
How to activate eSIM on iPhone?
To activate an eSIM on an iPhone, it’s important that you’re using an iPhone XR, XS, or later device for the eSIM to work. This process won’t take a lot of time to complete, and to help you out, here’s a small guide on how to do it:
- Purchase or get your eSIM from your preferred carrier. How you get it will depend on the carrier you are using.
- Go to the “Settings” menu and then visit the “Cellular” menu to continue with the process.
- Press the button “Add Cellular Data” to continue the process.
- Scan the QR code that was given by your wireless carrier and wait a few seconds for the eSIM to be installed.
- Change the name of your eSIM so you can know which service you are using after it is installed.
- Choose the option “Cellular Data Only” in case you are using an eSIM for traveling.
Once this is done, the eSIM will be activated on the iPhone. But it’s important for customers to know there are other features to use as well. It’s important to say this is the method used to activate all the Holafly eSIMs.
Activating an eSIM using Quick Transfer
One of the latest features added to iPhone devices is Quick Transfers. Thanks to this feature, people can transfer their cellular data plan from one iPhone to another. So let’s see how this works, as this feature will also work for eSIMs.
- Go to “Settings” and then head over to “Cellular.”
- Once you are there, press “Add Cellular Plan” to continue the process.
- A list of numbers should come up, but if these aren’t displayed, press “Transfer From Another iPhone” to continue the process.
- People need to be using both devices at the same time. On your previous device, you need to confirm the transfer by pressing the “Transfer” option or a verification code.
- Once this is done, the previous SIM or eSIM card will be deactivated from the old device.
Chances are people need to complete the process within their cellular carrier website, but that doesn’t happen every time. Also, it’s important for people to know this feature is only available on devices with iOS 16 or later.
>You may also be interested in eSIM USA for iPhone.
eSIM activation failed on iPhone
When it comes to an eSIM, chances are people will have a little issue with the activation process. But there’s no need to worry because, if this happens, there are different ways to solve it.
For us, there are three ways this can work out:
- If you are having issues with your eSIM and you are using a mobile carrier like AT&T, T-Mobile, Vodafone, or Three UK, they have different contact methods. Try to reach them through their available channels, for example, through a phone call or using the customer service chat or contact box they have.
|AT&T||800.331.0500 or 611|
|Vodafone||Chat with TOBi|
- When activating an eSIM, chances are the SM-DP+ Address is wrong. You can manually set it up if it’s missing, and here you have the perfect guide on how to do it.
- The PDP authentication failure is another thing that can happen when installing an eSIM. The solution is to reset the network settings on your device, and you can read more about it here.
FAQ about eSIM on iPhone
This will depend on the iPhone you have. For example, iPhones 14 and 15 allow to use of up to 8 eSIMs on the same device. On older devices, like the iPhone 13, people could only use two per device, so it’s something people need to check depending on what device they have.
Yes. Holafly offers people the chance to use an eSIM where they can get access to both a management feature for eSIMs, as well as an easy-to-complete purchase process directly from the app.
Yes. Companies such as Holafly give people unlimited data in different countries thanks to different data plans.