There are several ways to connect to the internet when you’re traveling – so which should you use on your trip to Bangkok this year? You’ve probably heard about data roaming, but this option is much too expensive. So let’s check the newest alternative: buy an eSIM for Bangkok and get a fast internet connection at an affordable rate.
Unlike other options, an eSIM is fully prepaid, so there are no surprise bills when you return home. And setting up your eSIM is easy and hassle-free: just scan a QR code, activate your data plan, and you’re ready to start browsing!
It’s never been so easy to connect in Bangkok, but what is an eSIM? Let’s take a look.
Unlimited data eSIM for Bangkok
Buy an Unlimited data eSIM for Bangkok with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
Why buy an eSIM when you travel to Bangkok?
We know that traveling is a passion for many people. However, something that should not be missing in any of the trips you make is internet connectivity. You will need the internet to do simple things like look up an address, order a cab and even keep in touch with your family and friends.
That’s why nowadays, there are many ways you can stay connected to the internet, such as international roaming, pocket WiFi, SIM cards, and eSIMs. However, the best option of all is the eSIM, as you can get it from the comfort of your home in a matter of minutes!
If you don’t know what an eSIM is, don’t worry, we’ll make sure you have no doubts by the end of this article! These are basically virtual SIM cards, which will allow you to have cellular internet and many times, make calls as well. They are embedded in many of the latest generation cellphones, and you will only need to scan a QR code, activate your data plan, and be connected to the internet.
The great advantage of eSIMs is that you can buy them from anywhere in the world, and the whole process only takes a few minutes. That’s how easy it is to connect to the internet with an eSIM!
What is the best eSIM when you travel to Bangkok?
To decide which eSIM card is best for Bangkok is necessary to know the options on the market and what each one offers. Some critical factors to consider choosing are the price, the quality of customer support, and the data provided.
Below we will detail reliable eSIM providers that exist on the market to help you decide which one best suits your requirements:
|Brand||Days||Data||Price||The customer support offered in||Compatible devices|
|Holafly||5||Unlimited data||$19||Spanish, English, German and French||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||10||Unlimited data||$34||Spanish, English, German and French||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||15||Unlimited data||$47||Spanish, English, German and French||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||20||Unlimited data||$54||Spanish, English, German and French||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||30||Unlimited data||$64||Spanish, English, German and French||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||60||Unlimited data||$84||Spanish, English, German and French||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||90||Unlimited data||$99||Spanish, English, German and French||iOS / Android|
|TravelSIM||30||5GB||$79||English||iOS / Android|
|Truphone||30||3GB||$42||English||iOS / Android|
Which eSIM for Bangkok is the cheapest?
Holafly’s eSIMs offer the cheapest prices, beating TravelSIM and Truphone per GB of data.
Which eSIM for Bangkok offers the best tech support?
Holafly has 24-hour tech support for all its customers. Although the eSIM works in the vast majority of cases, if you do face any issues, Holafly’s customer support team will help solve the problem.
Which eSIM for Bangkok has the most data?
Holafly offers unlimited data on all its Bangkok plans, compared to TravelSIM and Truphone, which offer 5 GB and 3 GB, respectively. With Holafly’s eSIM, you won’t have to worry about running out of cellular data in the middle of your trip.
Which eSIM for Bangkok is easiest to use?
HolaSIM and Holafly stand out as offering a more straightforward way of activating the eSIM card. You’ll receive a QR code, and then you just need to scan it, activate your data plan and start browsing online!
Advantages of eSIM vs physical SIM cards
Now we know what an eSIM is, let’s find out why it’s better than a physical SIM card:
- No chance of loss or damage: Since the eSIM is a virtual card, it cannot be lost or damaged. However, remember that while you are using your eSIM, you should not delete it from your cellphone, as you will not be able to install it again.
- Easy purchase and activation process: Acquiring an eSIM is as easy as buying it from the comfort of your home or from wherever you are through online stores. In addition, you only have to scan a QR code on your cellphone to install it.
- Receive it to your email in seconds: as a virtual card, you receive your eSIM in seconds, no matter where you are. So, there’s no waiting around for deliveries or packages.
- Eco-friendly: it’s simple. As a virtual product, the eSIM helps reduce waste. Do your bit to help the environment.
Cellphone brands and manufacturers are adopting the eSIM at a fast rate. Don’t get left behind – join the eSIM revolution now!
Which providers support eSIM in Bangkok?
Three local providers offer eSIM technology in Bangkok. Let’s take a look at what devices are compatible with these companies.
- AIS: offered by QR for activation on iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro 11, iPad Pro 12.9, iPad Pro 11, iPad Pro 12.9, iPad Air 3, iPad Mini 5, iPad 7a generation 10.2. Samsung: Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Flip, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. It also has eSIM support for Apple Watch through the NumberShare service.
- DTAC: Thai operator DTAC provides eSIM support for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR with iOS 12.1.1 or higher.
- True Move H: eSIM support is available on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR with iOS 12.1.1 or higher. It also provides eSIM support for Apple Watch.
When you buy an eSIM, check on the company’s website that your device is compatible.
eSIM for Bangkok: which card should I buy?
Holafly’s Bangkok eSIM data card allows you to choose between one of their unlimited data plans for 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, or 90 days, depending on the length of your stay. This is a great advantage as you won’t worry about running out of data. This, and its cheap price, makes Holafly our recommended option.
Here are the main advantages of Holafly:
- Lots of data at a low price
- Variety of options – choose the best for your trip
- Unlimited data – no more top-ups
- Easy to set up – just scan a QR code, and you’ll be able to connect
- 24-hour customer support – just in case you have any problems
Frequently asked questions about Holafly’s eSIM for Bangkok
This depends on the length of your stay. You can buy eSIMs with unlimited data durations of 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, or 90 days.
Your plan starts when you activate your eSIM by scanning the QR code on your smartphone.
Setting up your eSIM is usually simple, but if you experience any problems just contact Holafly’s 24-hour customer support team – they’ll let you know how to resolve the problem.
Holafly’s eSIM Bangkok gets its connection from DTAC, one of the best eSIM operators in Thailand.
Travel to Bangkok and discover its beautiful tourist sites without losing your internet connectivity. The eSIM for Bangkok will allow you to share your best moments in this paradisiacal destination. We hope you can enjoy your trip to the fullest and remember with Holafly; you will always have support!