Table of Contents
What do I need to set up an eSIM on iPhone?
- An unlocked Gemini PDA phone
- A QR code or app from an eSIM provider
- WiFi connectionesim wall
When should I install my eSIM for travel?
Don't set up your eSIM too early. eSIMs have a limited number of days attached to each data plan. Don't start the plan too soon or it won't last for your trip.
We recommend setting up the data plan the same day that you travel.
This could be before you leave, when you're still at home. Or once you've arrived in your destination. This is up to you - just remember you need WiFi connection to complete the set-up.
You might prefer to set up the eSIM earlier than this, so that you're in less of a rush. But remember that once the eSIM is set-up you cannot pause the plan so the days of validity will start counting down.
To work out the earliest date you can set up your eSIM, just subtract the length of the plan from the last day you'll need it.
For example, if you have a 15 day eSIM and you'll need it until the 15th July, you can set it up from the 1st July onwards - even if you're still at home on this date.
How to install an eSIM on your Gemini PDA?
1. To complete this process you must use the eSIM Wallet app on your phone.
2. You will be asked if you want to enable the eSIM chip. Click "Ok".
3. Wait a few seconds while the eSIM loads and then look for a download button at the top of the screen.
4. Click the button and then click "Scan QR code"
5. Scan the Holafly QR code.
6. Wait for the eSIM to download.
How to activate an eSIM on your Gemini PDA?
Your eSIM has not been installed - the only thing left to do is activate it.
Important: the moment you activate the eSIM, the length of validity starts to count down. Don't activate until you're ready to start using the eSIM.
1. Follow the steps after scanning the QR code. Make sure te eSIM is turned on if you are ready to use it.
2. Turn on mobile data.
3. Turn on data roaming. (Find this in "Mobile network settings", or just search for "Roaming" in your settings menu).