If you are attracted to traveling to places full of cathedrals, museums, and historical streets, Sofia City in Bulgaria would be an excellent choice. However, you cannot forget that for any trip, it is essential that you have with you an alternative way to connect to the internet. So, the eSIM for Sofia City is your best option.
Throughout this article, we will be telling you everything you need to know about the eSIM card. You will need to know where to buy one, its benefits and features, and its costs. So, we encourage you to read on to find out more about eSIMs.
Unlimited data eSIM for Sofia City
Buy an Unlimited data eSIM for Sofia City with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
Where can I buy an eSIM?
Acquiring an eSIM card today is very easy, and you can go down two different roads to get one. One option is more accessible than the other. So below, we will explain more about each alternative to buying an eSIM card for Sofia City.
First, the easiest and fastest way to purchase an eSIM card for your trip is online. Nowadays, many online stores worldwide offer internet connectivity services to travelers, such as eSIMs. An excellent example of an online store where you can buy an eSIM for Sofia City is Holafly.
On the other hand, if you are already at your destination or prefer to shop in physical stores, upon arrival in Sofia City, you can find local operator’s physical stores in Bulgaria, where you can also purchase a prepaid eSIM.
Finally, if you discover your cellphone is incompatible with eSIM, don’t worry. You can also buy a prepaid SIM card that will allow you to have an internet connection abroad.
What is an eSIM?
eSIMs are innovative devices that are intended to replace traditional physical SIM cards. An eSIM is a tiny card integrated into your smartphone rather than a removable plastic card inside the phone. That’s why you can’t take it out and put it in another phone, since these are built-in last-generation phones.
These eSIMs have gained a lot of fame due to the ease with which they can be acquired since, as we mentioned before, it is very easy to buy one online.
Advantages of an eSIM for Sofia City.
Buying an eSIM for Sofia City is something you will not regret. Especially if you buy it from the Holafly store because with your eSIM, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- You have 24/7 service and support available. If you encounter any problems, you can ask for help over the phone or chat.
- eSIMs primarily work with a 4G/LTE connection almost all the time.
- You’ll be able to keep your original SIM for calls, as the eSIM is digital, so your original SIM will work as always if you need it.
- The purchase flow is very fast. Once you buy an eSIM, you will receive the activation QR code immediately at your email address.
- The Holafly eSIM for Sofia City uses Vivacom/Mobiltel EAD, the best eSIM provider in the country.
- You will be able to have unlimited data with Holafly eSIM.
- When using an eSIM, you won’t lose your previous WhatsApp number.
The eSIM card for Sofia City is an excellent option for customers outside Europe as they will not have to wait for a delivery, as is the case with SIM cards.
How do I activate my eSIM card?
When you purchase an eSIM card, you will have to go through an activation process so that you can use it once you arrive at your travel destination. However, the first thing you must do is purchase the eSIM card.
To buy an eSIM card with Holafly, you must go to their official website and search for your travel destination. In the case of Sofia City, for this destination, you should look for the Bulgaria eSIM card. Choose your preferred plan and proceed with the payment and that’s it!
After that, you will receive an email with the necessary information to activate your eSIM. See below for the steps on how to activate your eSIM:
- After the purchase is completed, you will receive an email with a QR code to activate your eSIM. You will need to scan it on your cell phone.
- If possible, change the name of the eSIM, so you can get the chance to tell which service you are using.
- Once you arrive at your destination, activate your Android or IOS data roaming.
It is essential to understand that you will be able to scan the QR code of your eSIM before arriving at your destination. However, the internet will need to be activated once you arrive in Sofia City.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Sofia City cost?
Here are the different eSIM plans and costs for Bulgaria that will allow you to stay connected in Sofia City.
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||€19 / $19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||€34 / $34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||€47 / $47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||€57 / $54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||€69 / $64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||€87 / $84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||€99 / $99|
No more top-ups or worrying about running out of data. With unlimited data eSIM for Sofia City, you can relax knowing you’ll have data mobile at all times.
SIM card for Sofia City
If you cannot use an eSIM card with your cell phone, other alternatives will also allow you to stay connected to the internet during your trip to Sofia City, the best alternative being the prepaid SIM card. This is because they are very similar options. However, the SIM card is available for most cellphones.
With Holafly, you can connect to the internet in Sofia City with the SIM card for Europe. Among the features of this service, you will find the following:
- You won’t lose contact with family and friends. With this SIM card, you keep your number and your language on WhatsApp to call and text your buddies!
- Wide data coverage in more than 40 European countries.
- It is the perfect alternative for travelers that can’t use an eSIM card on their devices.
- 24-hour support is available via chat, email, or phone.
- You can share data with other devices.
- Easy and simple instructions for the installation and activation.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
The Holafly SIM card for Europe that will allow you to have an internet connection in Sofia City has the following plans and costs:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|30 days||8 GB||€34 / $37|
|30 days||12 GB||€44 / $47|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs. the physical SIM card for Sofia City
If you are considering which option is better for your trip, an eSIM or a physical SIM card. Then let us tell you the eSIM card’s advantages over the other alternative. First of all, we have already told you throughout this article that the eSIM card is very easy to acquire since you will only need a few minutes from the comfort of your home to buy it.
On the other hand, remember that with an eSIM, you will not have to wait a lot of time to have it and activate it since you can do it online with a QR code. Also, the eSIM doesn’t occupy space on your cellphone. The eSIM is completely digital, so it won’t take any space on your phone, and you won’t need to physically insert anything into your phone.
Furthermore, note that you can use both your eSIM and your physical SIM at the same time as both SIM cards work simultaneously. Finally, something very important for some people to know is that eSIMs do not pollute since being a virtual device, it does not use plastic, making them an ecological product!
Vivacom eSIM card for Sofia City.
One of the main operators in Bulgaria is Vivacom. When you arrive in Sofia City you will find many physical stores that offer the connectivity services of this operator. However, you should consider that they don’t offer prepaid eSIM cards for tourists, you can only buy prepaid SIM cards. They have the following features:
- It has the best 4G/LTE availability.
- While Vivacom does have eSIMs, they are currently not offered to prepaid customers.
- Vivacom offers VoLTE (Voice over LTE) if your phone supports it and if you have enabled it in the settings.
- You will be able to choose between different prepaid SIM card plans available.
Telenor eSIM card for Sofia City.
Telenor is the second-largest cellular operator in Bulgaria. So, when you arrive in Sofia City you can also get their prepaid internet connectivity services. However, like the previous one, they only offer SIM cards for tourists. If you are a resident in Bulgaria you can purchase an eSIM card. Their services have the following features:
- It has excellent customer service in its different physical stores.
- Telenor has extensive coverage throughout Bulgaria.
- In summer, you can buy the Telenor Tourist SIM card, which has data and attractive international call rates.
Which is the best eSIM for Sofia City?
After analyzing the different ways to get an eSIM, we can determine that the best of all is the eSIM for Sofia City from Holafly, with which you can have coverage throughout the country of Bulgaria, and you will also be connected to the best internet networks in the country with unlimited data.
While purchasing an eSIM card with a local operator sounds like a good option, they tend to be much more expensive and are mostly unavailable for travelers. So don’t hesitate to buy your eSIM with Holafly and make the most of your trip.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Sofia City
You don’t need to do anything to keep your WhatsApp number. You’ll automatically keep your number, contacts, and conversations.
Yes. To ensure that your eSIM gets the best coverage, you must turn on data roaming on your cellphone’s settings. This will not incur additional charges as long as you have already set up the Holafly eSIM.
No, it is not possible to share data with this eSIM. However, remember that you will have unlimited data.
The Bulgaria eSIM from Holafly uses Vivacom/Mobiltel EAD, the best eSIM provider in the country.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Sofia City.
Finally, here are some final recommendations that will help you when buying and using your eSIM:
- Get your eSIM before traveling. Buying it at the airport can be very expensive.
- Before traveling to Sofia City, make sure to check the country’s entry requirements. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the European Union, and others can provide you with information.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to other telephone networks.
- If your phone isn’t compatible with an eSIM, remember that you may always use a traditional SIM card instead.
- Keep the data roaming of your local internet service turned off, many times it could activate the international roaming of your domestic operator, and you will have very high bills for the service.
We hope that the information provided in this article about eSIMs will be helpful to you. And we hope you enjoy your trip to the fullest. See you next time!