Plans that may interest you
Are you ready to travel? Have you bought your eSIM? No? Alright, don’t worry, you still have time to buy one and add it to your stuff because there is no doubt that you will need the best eSIM for Athens to enjoy your trip to this beautiful European destination.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about the best eSIM for Athens. Such as its prices, features, advantages, where and how to get it, and all the information you need to pick the best eSIM for Athens. Keep reading to find out!
Unlimited data eSIM for Athens
Where can I buy an eSIM for Athens?
To get this type of virtual card, you have three different options:
- Make your purchase online through international online stores. A good example is the Spanish store, Holafly, which specializes in selling this service.
- Once you arrive in Athens, you will be able to find different local operator physical stores in Greece, where you can buy an eSIM for your trip.
- Or, if your cellphone is not eSIM compatible. You can always get a physical SIM card for your stay in Athens.
(You may also be interested in the best eSIM card for Helsinki)
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM is a little device implanted on the cellphone’s device’s hardware (cellphone, tablet, smartwatch), and it does not need physical installation. It is 90% smaller than a nano-SIM, and it uses a QR code to activate the data plan. You can get any eSIM on the Holafly online store.
Advantages of an eSIM for Athens.
The Holafly eSIM has the following advantages:
- Do you still need to use your physical SIM card? Don’t worry! You can use both SIMs at the same time!
- The eSIM for Athens has a high-speed (4G LTE) connection.
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
- 24/7 chat support and over the phone customer service are also available.
- Enjoy unlimited data, so you won’t have to worry about running out of data.
- There is no minimum clause. Getting an eSIM is effortless and straightforward!
The eSIM is the best option for people living outside Europe. It is easy to buy online, and you don’t have to wait for a delivery.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Athens?
Here you have a simple guide on how to activate your eSIM.
- The first thing you should do is to go to Holafly’s official website, there you search for your travel destination, in this case Greece. After that, you must complete the purchase, make the payment and enter your personal information.
- Once you do that, you will receive a QR code on your email. This QR code will install the data plan.
- Scan the QR code to set up the eSIM on your device. The cell phone with which you scan the QR must be the one that is going to carry the data plan.
- We recommend you rename your eSIM to differentiate it from your regular SIM card.
- Once you arrive at your destination, activate your Android or IOS data roaming.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet!
Remember that you will need to install your eSIM on your phone before you start your trip, plus you’ll need a prior internet connection to do so. But you will only need to activate your eSIM data roaming once you arrive at your travel destination.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Athens cost?
The Holafly virtual card has different options available:
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$19|
|7 days||Unlimited data||$27|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$99|
If you are touring through Europe and need the internet in other destinations, you can buy the Holafly best eSIM for Europe.
SIM card for Athens
A prepaid SIM card is an excellent alternative to having an internet connection during your trip to Athens. In case your phone in incompatible with the eSIM then this is the way to go. You can get one at a local carrier branch or at a convenience store. Generally, SIM cards have the following features:
- Local phone number for making and recieving calls
- Plenty of variety of plans and packages at your destination
- Imediate internet access
- They’re usually easy to install and activate
Remember that your phone has to be unlocked to use a local SIM in Greece. Get the physical SIM card for Athens, perfect for you.
(You may also be interested in the best eSIM card for Budapest)
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical SIM card for Athens
- International use: the virtual SIM cards offer data plans for, basically, anywhere in the world.
- You can use both devices simultaneously: with an eSIM, you can still use your home country’s physical SIM.
- Portability: it is easier and faster than the physical SIM cards since you don’t have to wait days or weeks to receive it.
- Smaller size: the eSIM is 90% smaller than the nano-SIM. Also, the chip comes implanted on the cell phone’s hardware, so it occupies less space in your phone.
Wind Hellas virtual SIM card in Athens
You may find a physical store for Wind Hellas. Their virtual SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- You can exclusively buy it at one of the operator’s authorized points of sale.
- No data sharing.
- Data plans depend on the number of days.
- 3G and 4G connection, most of the time.
The Holafly eSIM joins Wind network, one of the best operators of this European destination.
Cosmote eSIM in Athens
When you arrive at the airport, you will find a physical store of the operator Cosmote. Their virtual SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Different data plans for social media.
- You can share data with other devices.
- You can only acquire it if you are a regular customer of this company.
- There is a minimum clause to get this product.
In case you have any problems, Holafly offers 24/7 chat and over-the-phone support.
Which is the best eSIM for Athens?
Undoubtedly, the Holafly eSIM for Athens is the ideal option! You have several benefits with Holafly, and you have 24-hour chat support. If your smartphone is incompatible, we recommend the Holafly physical SIM card for Athens.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Athens
Once you complete the purchase, you receive a QR code with the instructions for the immediate installation!
It can be used only once in your destination, on just one device, and for the number of days of your plan.
The eSIM for Athens uses Cosmote Mobile/Tim/Wind, one of the best eSIM providers in the country.
The eSIM connects to 4G and 4G LTE networks, which means you’ll have a great connection speed.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Athens.
- If you are not using your cell phone, turn off the data to prevent your apps from continuously consuming your data in background mode.
- Before traveling, make sure to download all the apps, games, and files you need. Your internet speed may decrease if you download everything of this with your cellular data.
- Don’t get your eSIM at the airport because it will be expensive. It is better if you buy it on online stores such as Holafly.
- Don’t watch videos on streaming platforms (such as Netflix or Amazon Prime) with your data.
Holafly is definitely what you need for your trip to be spectacular! Whether it’s an eSIM or a physical SIM card, it will make your experience unforgettable.
Other destinations to travel with an eSIM or SIM card.
If you are in Athens, you may visit another destination, so this might be of your interest: