Do you have in mind traveling to Reykjavík any time soon? In case you have that idea, we recommend taking an eSIM Reykjavík with you. That way, you can stay in contact as much as possible without any issues. But, there are some things people must know about the eSIM before getting one.
Now, we will tell you everything you need to know about rates, features, and other important information. So, pay attention as this will save you time in the future whenever you want to use an eSIM for travel purposes.
Unlimited data eSIM for Reykjavík
>>Buy an Unlimited data eSIM for Reykjavik<< Get 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
Where can I buy an eSIM for Reykjavík?
In case you don’t know where to get an eSIM, don’t worry. There are three different ways to get one.
- Buy it through online stores. Nowadays, there are different companies offering people the chance to buy products online on a computer and even on your phone! Even eSIMs can be bought that way. We recommend using Holafly for those wanting to buy online.
- Get one on physical stores from cellular operators. Ask if, as a tourist, you can get an eSIM, you can find lots of these places once you get to your destination.
- In case your phone is incompatible with an eSIM, you can always go ahead and use a physical SIM card, which we recommend getting from Holafly.
What is an eSIM?
eSIMs are quite similar to the SIM cards most people have used on their cellphones. Truth be told, there are some differences here, as eSIMs are directly implanted on cellphone hardware, as they are completely digital.
People must only know that eSIMs mostly work on last gen-devices and are activated through a QR code. It is as simple as that.
Advantages of an eSIM for Reykjavik
In case you have decided to use an eSIM, we can tell you that it has several advantages compared to other similar solutions. As for us, we will talk about the Holafly eSIM Reykjavík advantages.
- People can use WhatsApp while having an eSIM as it won’t change their phone number.
- eSIMs can work alongside a traditional SIM card, no need to worry about using both at the same time.
- People won’t have to worry about running out of data, as they will be able to choose plans with unlimited data.
- There’s no minimum clause or subscription contract on how or when to use the Holafly. Once you buy it, you are free to use it as you please.
- The coverage of the eSIM is excellent around the world, including Reykjavík, of course.
- All the eSIMs come with a 4G LTE connection, meaning people won’t have a hard time browsing the internet.
- Holafly gives people access to 24-hour customer support in case they have an issue related to the eSIM.
Also, there’s an extra benefit for people living outside Europe because the eSIM can be easily bought as the process is fast and easy to complete!
How do I activate my eSIM card for Reykjavík?
As you might be wondering, there are a few steps people must follow when activating an eSIM. Here you have the list of everything you need to do to properly use it:
- First, go to the Holafly online store, choose the destination you are visiting, and then complete the purchase process.
- Once the purchase is done, you will receive a QR code on the mail you provided when purchasing the eSIM. The QR will activate the data plan of the eSIM.
- Scan the QR code with the device you want to use the eSIM with.
- Change the name of the eSIM. This way, you’ll be able to tell which one is your SIM card and which on your eSIM.
- Once you have arrived at the destination you are visiting, activate the roaming service for the eSIM to work.
- That’s it! In case you need more help, remember that Holafly customer support is available 24/7.
Keep in mind this, you have to activate the eSIM once you receive the QR code, but don’t activate the roaming service until you arrive at your destination.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Reykjavík cost?
For Reykjavík, the Holafly eSIM has different rates and data plans. Here they are.
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
These are the prices for Reykjavík, but in case you are visiting a different country, Holafly can help you get an eSIM for other destinations too.
SIM card for Reykjavík
In case you can’t use a SIM card due to your cellphone being incompatible with it, there’s no need to worry. Here at Holafly, we also offer people the chance to buy SIM cards as well, and we can deliver them to the door of your home or office!
This works for different countries around Europe, so you won’t have to worry much about when you will receive it! And if you are wondering what you will get with it, here’s what you need to know:
- Travelers will get a new phone number once they start using the SIM card.
- People can still use the same WhatsApp number they had before.
- Holafly will ensure 24/7 customer support to its customers.
- With the SIM card, people can’t share cellular data with other users.
- It will give access to an unlimited internet connection once the cellular data is over.
- It is the perfect alternative for people who can’t use an eSIM and still need to be connected while traveling.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
As for now, there are two prices offered to people:
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical chip for Reykjavik
- The eSIM doesn’t pollute: As it is something completely digital, people can’t throw it away, making it an ecological product!
- Easy purchase process: Buying the eSIM through the Holafly website can be done within seconds.
- Doesn’t occupy space on your cellphone: Being a digital product, the eSIM won’t cause you any issues when it comes to your regular SIM card. You won’t have to remove your SIM to insert the eSIM or anything like that.
- Both SIM cards can be used simultaneously: Once people buy an eSIM, they can also use the SIM card without any issues.
Nova eSIM card for Reykjavík
As you get to Reykjavík, you will surely get to see that there are some cellular companies operating there. For example, Nova, which is one of the most famous operators there can help people get an eSIM.
- Has a monthly fee.
- Only works on Samsung and Apple smartwatches.
- People must be a customer of Nova to get an eSIM from them.
- There are no extra plans to use the eSIM on cellphones.
- Access to 4G network coverage.
Compared to the Holafly eSIM Reykjavík, we can tell there are not many benefits of the Nova eSIM, and it can only be used on smartwatches.
Siminn eSIM for Reykjavik
Another alternative for people available in the market is Siminn, undoubtedly. This is one of the largest cellular operators in the country and also offers eSIM services to its customers, with the following features:
- It can only be used on Samsung and iOS smartwatches.
- Has a monthly plan.
- Gives access to 4G network coverage.
- Doesn’t work on cellphones for now.
- Only available for buying for old customers of Siminn.
Once more, we can tell that the Holafly eSIM Reykjavík is far superior to the ones offered there.
Which is the best eSIM for Reykjavík?
Now that we have seen and read everything about the different alternatives available for tourists, it’s time to decide. For us, it is clear that the Holafly eSIM Reykjavík is far superior to the ones offered by Siminn and Nova.
This is due to the fact these last two eSIM only work on smartwatches, while the one offered by Holafly works well on last-gen cellphones, making it much more convenient for travelers.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Reykjavík
Which eSIM carrier will I connect to in Reykjavik?
The Reykjavík eSIM uses Landssiminn/Nova, one of the best eSIM providers in the country.
Holafly offers travelers, in most cases, 4G LTE network speed for a better user experience.
The moment when you connect your eSIM to the internet is the moment when the data will start deploying, so keep that in mind.
Yes! Just remember to change the name of the eSIM once you start using it, so you won’t have an issue later on when knowing which service you are using.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Reykjavík.
- Remember to check out the requirements for entering the country before traveling. You can get information about it from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the European Union, and others.
- Try to download videos, games, or series with WiFi, so your mobile data speed doesn’t slow down.
- Remember, you can always use a SIM card instead of an eSIM in case your cellphone is incompatible with it.
- Check that your cellphone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to different cellular networks.
That’s it for now! Hopefully, you will now understand how eSIM works and that there are other alternatives for people to use. Hope you can enjoy the Holafly eSIM Reykjavík!