Vilnius is a city full of art with some of the best contemporary theaters in Europe. That’s what makes it a city that attracts many tourists. So, an eSIM for Vilnius is something you can’t forget while you’re preparing for your trip, so you can always stay connected to the internet in Lithuania.
So throughout this article, we will be explaining what eSIMs are, their features and benefits, where to buy them, and their prices. Read on to find out more.
Unlimited data eSIM for Vilnius
Where can I buy an eSIM for Vilnius?
The eSIM was launched in 2016, and over the years, they have become a very famous internet service medium among travelers. That is why you can currently buy one of these eSIMs in two ways, which are:
- Physical local operator stores: once you arrive in Vilnius, you will find physical stores of local operators, from which you can purchase an eSIM card that will serve you to connect to the internet during your trip.
- International online stores: with this option, you can purchase an eSIM card in a matter of minutes as the whole process can be done online. An excellent example of an online store is Holafly.
Finally, a prepaid SIM card is another alternative that will allow you to stay connected to the Internet during your trip. This is in case your cellular phone is incompatible with eSIMs, or you prefer different services.
What is an eSIM?
As we mentioned, the eSIM is a relatively new service, so many people do not know about it. An eSIM is the virtual version and is an evolution of the classic SIM card, a chip that is pre-installed in a cellphone and that will allow users to connect to the internet.
Among travelers, this type of service has become a plus. Since they are very easy to acquire, and they are also very affordable.
Advantages of an eSIM for Vilnius.
When we talk about eSIMs, we can highlight the different benefits they offer to those who use them. So if you purchase an eSIM card for your trip to Vilnius, you can enjoy the following positive aspects:
- You can purchase the eSIM in minutes and from the comfort of your home, as the purchase process is online.
- It is very easy to activate on the phone, and it usually comes with instructions.
- Most of the time, eSIMs have 4G coverage.
- People’s phone numbers will not change if they use an eSIM.
- You will be able to enjoy unlimited data with Holafly eSIM for Vilnius.
- You’ll be able to use both SIM cards and eSIMs simultaneously on one device.
- If you purchase the eSIM card from the Holafly store, you will enjoy 24-hour customer service in different languages.
It is worth noting that purchasing an eSIM card is an excellent option for those who live outside Europe since you can carry out the entire process in a fast way and get an excellent service.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Vilnius?
Some people tend to doubt whether to purchase an eSIM, especially because they do not know if the process of activating them is simple. Let us tell you that it is, you just need to follow some simple steps to activate it, and you will be able to connect to the internet.
However, the first thing you need to do is the purchase process. So, what you should do is go to Holafly’s official website and proceed to search for your travel destination. Once you have chosen your plan, you must go through the checkout procedure. After that, you must follow the next steps to activate your eSIM:
- At the end of your purchase, you will receive a QR code of the eSIM to your email, which you will have to scan in your cellular phone.
- If possible, modify the name of your eSIM so that you do not confuse it with your regular SIM card.
- Once you arrive in Vilnius, you will need to activate data roaming so that you can connect to the internet network.
- And that’s it! You will be able to enjoy your internet connection. Remember that if you experience any problems, Holafly will support you 24 hours a day.
It is important to remember that you must have an internet connection to complete the installation process. So, we recommend you install your eSIM before you start your trip, but remember to turn on data roaming only when you arrive at your destination.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Vilnius cost?
An essential thing to know about eSIMs is their prices. Below you will find Holafly’s eSIM plans for Vilnius and their costs:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||€19 / $19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||€34 / $34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||€47 / $47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||€57 / $54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||€69 / $64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||€87 / $84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||€99 / $99|
The great advantage of Holafly’s eSIM cards is that they offer unlimited data on all plan variants. That means you won’t have to worry about running out of mobile data. They are also very convenient eSIMs since you won’t have to recharge them.
SIM card for Vilnius.
We know that eSIM cards are incompatible with all phones and are primarily compatible with the latest generation of cellphones. So if you can’t purchase an eSIM card for your trip, don’t worry. We have the perfect alternative for you.
We are talking about the prepaid SIM card. You probably know about them, as they are the most commonly offered internet service for travelers. And besides, you can also purchase a SIM card with Holafly, and you will have the following benefits:
- The Vilnius SIM card also has coverage in over 40 European countries, so it is perfect for those who will be traveling to various destinations within Europe.
- If you travel with other devices or other people, you can share data with them.
- This SIM is very easy to use, but if you encounter any problems, Holafly offers their support by all available channels, such as email and virtual chat, 24 hours a day.
- No one’s phone numbers need to be changed to utilize this SIM card.
- You can opt for free delivery of your SIM card, which will arrive within 72 business hours. However, if you need it urgently, you can order express delivery.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
Here are the features of the Holafly SIM card plans for Europe that you can use on your trip to Vilnius:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|30 days||8 GB||€34 / $37|
|30 days||12 GB||€44 / $47|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs. the physical SIM card for Vilnius
After talking about eSIM cards and prepaid SIM cards as alternatives to stay connected to the internet during your trip, we can determine that the virtual card has some advantages, which we will discuss below:
- You will be able to purchase your eSIM card quickly and use it immediately. So, you will not have the need to wait for the arrival of the physical card.
- With Holafly eSIMs you can have unlimited data on any of their plans.
- The eSIM card tends to be more economically priced. In addition, you can find a wider variety of data plans and choose the one that best suits your trip.
- It is much easier to carry an eSIM card with you than a SIM card, as it is fully digital.
- As we said, these SIM cards are purely digital. Thus, they have no negative environmental impact.
Tele2 eSIM for Vilnius.
One of the biggest cellular operators in Lithuania is Tele2. They are known for their excellent services, with very fast internet. So, when you arrive in Vilnius, you will be able to find Tele2 physical stores. However, they do not offer eSIM cards for tourists, but you can still buy one of their prepaid SIM cards, which have the following features:
- Tele2 has extensive coverage throughout Lithuania.
- Customers can choose from a variety of plans.
- You can’t use their SIM cards outside the country.
- Activation can be done online or with SMS messages.
Bite eSIM cards for Vilnius.
Another very famous cellular operator in Lithuania is Bite. So, it is also an excellent option to purchase an internet service during your trip. While Bitė offers eSIMs, they are currently not available to prepaid customers. However, you can also purchase a prepaid SIM card:
- You can get a Bitė SIM card in their stores and from resellers, like grocery stores, gas stations & convenience stores. Labas SIM cards are also sold at Vilnius Airport.
- Coverage on 3G/4G in Lithuania.
- You can buy Bite top-up vouchers in kiosks, supermarkets, and Bitė-branded phone shops.
- If you want to get a data package working outside Lithuania, you can get them paying a bit more.
Which is the best eSIM for Vilnius?
After talking so much about eSIMs, and even alternatives about them, it is time to determine what will be the best eSIM card for your trip to Vilnius. To establish this, it is necessary to know about every aspect of the above-mentioned eSIM, its features, costs, and even coverage.
So, we can say that the best eSIM for Vilnius is the one from Holafly. This store allows you to connect to one of the best internet networks with the eSIM card for Lithuania. Also, you will have 24 hours customer service if you have any inconvenience.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Vilnius
With Holafly, you can get the Lithuania eSIM for your trip to Vilnius, which uses Bite, one of the best eSIM providers in the country.
Currently, you cannot renew the data on your Lithuania eSIM. However, you can purchase another eSIM if you need more data.
Once you purchase an eSIM, you will receive it immediately to your email address. You then just need to scan the QR code to activate the SIM.
If you are using an Apple device, you can use your SIM card and your eSIM at the same time. Choose the Sim card for phone calls and SMS and Holafly eSIM for data from your device. Please remember that if you leave your Sim card activated, your network provider may apply data roaming charges to receive or make phone calls and SMS.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Vilnius.
Finally, we would not like to end this article without giving you some recommendations on choosing and using your eSIM card. So, you can get the most out of it.
- It is vital that before purchasing an eSIM card, you verify that your cellphone has the bands unlocked, so you can use it in Vilnius.
- We recommend you not to have your data roaming on at all times, only when you use it.
- Before starting your trip, download movies, video games, applications, and everything you need.
- Remember to verify that your cellphone is compatible with eSIM. If it is not, you can always buy a prepaid SIM card.
This brings us to the end of this article. Remember that choosing the best eSIM for your trip will connect you to the best internet networks. We hope you enjoy your trip to Vilnius to the fullest!