Do you want to know which is the best eSIM to travel to Cairo? If you want to access the mobile internet in this wonderful destination, known for its history and culture, you must have a SIM card or eSIM.
That’s the reason why this article will tell you everything you need to know about the best eSIM for Cairo, Egypt. Prices, advantages, features, where to get it, and so much more. Keep reading!
eSIM for Cairo
Buy an eSIM for Cairo with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
Where can I buy an eSIM for Cairo?
To get this type of card you have three different options and they are the following:
- Get it on international online stores, like the Spanish company Holafly.
- FInd a physical point of sale when you land and make sure that they have virtual SIM cards available.
- Or, if your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, you can always get a traditional physical SIM card for your stay in Cairo.
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM is a device that will eventually replace physical cards. It is a little device that goes implanted in high-end smartphones, it can host many different telephone operator lines, and it uses a QR code to activate the data plan. You can get it on the Holafly eSIM store.
Advantages of an eSIM for Cairo
The Holafly eSIM has the following advantages:
- You have 24-hour chat support available, and you can also get help over the phone.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language, so you can still use this app.
- There is no minimum clause, which makes the purchasing process easier.
- You can use your physical card and the eSIM at the same time.
- If you are not traveling alone, you can share your internet connection with other devices.
- You get 3G and 4G speed connection.
- Check if your device is eSIM compatible: here is a list of compatible cell phones.
For those who live in Latin America, the eSIM is their best option because the Holafly SIM card can only be delivered within France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Luxembourg.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Cairo?
Here you have a simple guide to activate your eSIM.
- First of all, once on the Holafly store website, pick your destination (Cairo in this case), and complete the purchase.
- Once you do that, you will receive a QR code on your email, which will install the plan.
- Scan the QR code (you must be connected to the internet), to configure the eSIM on your device.
- NOTE: The cell phone with which you scan the QR must be the one that is going to carry the data plan.
- Rename your eSIM, so you can differentiate your eSIM from your SIM card.
- Once you arrive at your destination, activate your Android or IOS data roaming.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet!
How much does an Holafly eSIM card for Cairo cost?
The virtual card has only one plan available, please see the following:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
Physical SIM card for Cairo
It is a perfect option if you are in a European country such as Italy, Germany, Spain, France, or Luxembourg because Holafly will send your physical SIM card to your house or office for free before you travel to Cairo. The physical SIM card has the following characteristics:
- 3G and 4G speed.
- It uses the Orange network, Egypts main operator.
- This physical chip includes unlimited data in Egypt. It has 6GB with 4G speed and unlimited data with 2G speed.
- You put the SIM card in your phone when you land, activate the data roaming, and… That’s it! Now you can connect to the internet. So simple, right?
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language.
- You have 24-hour chat support available. There is also another phone service.
- You can share data with other devices.
If your smartphone is not compatible with an eSIM, then this physical SIM card is perfect for you.
How much does the physical chip cost?
Currently, there’s only one plan available:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€ and USD)|
|15 days||6GB||€41 / $54|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical chip for Cairo.
- It does not pollute: being a virtual device, it does not require a physical installation, so it doesn’t use polluting materials and that makes it an ecological product.
- You can use both devices at the same time: with an eSIM you can still use the physical chip of your home countrys operator. But it would be better to use just one of them at a time.
- Easy purchasing: with the Holafly digital SIM, you buy and receive the installation QR code immediately.
- Excellent connection: usually the internet connection of the eSIM is very stable and efficient.
Mobinil eSIM card in Cairo.
It is possible that when you get to Cairo you stumble upon a physical Mobinil operator store. This company’s virtual SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- There is no minimum clause to get the eSIM.
- Plans and packagess come with musical apps included.
- 4G LTE coverage, and 5G in some cases.
- Some data plans have unlimited social media.
The disadvantage of buying this type of card when you land is that it is very hard to find a physical store that sells this product. Not all operators offer eSIM.
Vodafone Egypt eSIM in Cairo
When you arrive at the airport in Cairo you’ll probably find a physical Vodafone Egypt store. Their virtual SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Connection and coverage in 4G and 5G networks.
- Different browsing and social media plans.
- It includes an Egyptian number to make and receive calls.
- You have to be a customer of this operator to get the eSIM.
In case you have any problem with your eSIM, Holafly offers 24-hour chat support and service, to solve any inconvenience.
Which is the best eSIM for Cairo?
The Holafly eSIM for Cairo is the ideal option. You can buy it from everywhere; it has 24-hour chat support; you can use the eSIM and the physical SIM card at the same time, with an excellent and fast connection. If your smartphone is not compatible, then we recommend you the Holafly physical SIM card for Egypt.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Cairo
An eSIM installation is done through a QR code and you have to do it before traveling. It is necessary that the data plan is configured. Once you get to Cairo you activate the data roaming. And, there you have it, internet access!
No, it is not necessary to have a passport or any other form of identification. That’s why buying this product is very easy and simple.
Absolutely! It is possible to share data with other devices, a great advantage if you are not traveling alone.
Yes, you can. There is no inconvenience with that. But you should know that your national operator will charge you for international roaming services.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Cairo.
- Don’t watch videos from YouTube, or streaming platforms, (Netflix, HBO Prime, or Amazon Prime), with your data, this will make your internet run out quickly.
- Before traveling to Egypt check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to other networks.
- Don’t get your eSIM at the airport, it will be very expensive.
- If your cell phone is not eSIM compatible, then get the Holalfy physical chip for this destination. It’s just as good as the eSIM.
Alright, we have reached the end of this article. Hopefully, this comparison between the different options available will help you make the best decision. If you pick Holafly, (either eSIM or physical SIM) your experience will be amazing!