If you are traveling to Nicaragua and you want to avoid paying international roaming or look for public Wifi networks, you will need the best SIM card for Nicaragua.
That’s the reason why this article will tell you everything you need to know about the best SIM card for Nicaragua. You will read about prices, features, advantages, where to buy it, and more information for you to make the best choice!
eSIM for Nicaragua
Buy an eSIM for Nicaragua with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
Where can I buy a SIM card for Nicaragua?
To get a SIM card for Nicaragua there are several ways to buy one, we’ve outlined three options below:
- Get it on international virtual stores that offer international prepaid cards, like the Spanish company Holafly.
- Look for physical stores when you arrive at the airport.
- Or, you can buy a virtual SIM card, (also known as eSIM), a new way to have the internet in your cell phone.
Holafly eSIM for Nicaragua: a great alternative.
You might be wondering what is an eSIM? It’s the evolution of SIM cards. An eSIM is a device that is implanted on the cell phone’s hardware, and it does not need physical installation. It can host many different operator lines and the data plan gets activated with a QR code. You can get it on the Holafly virtual store.
Fortunately for you, Holafly offers this product. The eSIM for Nicaragua is such a great alternative and it has the following characteristics:
- Buy it and receive the QR code for its installation immediately.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- 4G speed connection.
- Easy instructions for the installation and activation process.
- Share data with other devices.
- 24-hour chat service and support, for you to solve any problem.
- Use the SIM card and the eSIM at the same time.
Anyway, you should check if your device is eSIM compatible since not all devices are compatible with this card. Also, you should know that this virtual card does not include a local number, so you won’t be able to make calls or send texts.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Nicaragua cost?
Currently, the virtual card for Nicaragua has only one plan available:
|Days of use||Cellular data||Price (USD)|
The Holafly eSIM for Nicaragua is a great option for the people in Latin America.
Holafly SIM card for Nicaragua.
If you are in a European country, such as Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France, or Luxembourg, Holafly will deliver your physical SIM card to your house or work for free before you travel to Nicaragua. You can get it on the Holafly virtual store. This card also has great advantages:
- 3G speed.
- 24-hour chat service and support.
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
- Easy instructions for the installation and activation.
- This card includes a telephone number, so you can receive calls.
- This physical SIM also works in countries such as Panama, Peru, Chile, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Costa Rica, Uruguay, and El Salvador.
Anyway, you have to keep in mind that you can only activate this card when you arrive at your destination or some hours before landing. If you don’t do that, it won’t work.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
The Holafly SIM card has two plans available:
|Days of use||Cellular data||Price (€ and USD)|
|30 days||8GB||€34 / $40|
|30 days||12GB||€44 / $51|
Movistar SIM card for Nicaragua.
Movistar has official retail stores and points of sale available in the airport once your land. The SIM cards of this company have the following characteristics:
- Some data plans come with musical apps.
- Toppable plans.
- No minimum clause.
- Unlimited text apps, in some plans.
The Holafly SIM card lets you keep your WhatsApp number to still use this app.
Claro SIM card for Nicaragua.
Another popular operator in Nicaragua is Claro, with points of sale and stores available. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- 3G and 4G speed.
- Toppable data plans.
- Low-cost calls and texts.
- Depending on the plan you choose, you have some free apps.
With the Holafly SIM card, you have 24-hour chat service and support. You can also call for help, which means that your problems will be solved as soon as possible.
Which is the best SIM card for Nicaragua?
Without a doubt, the best SIM card for Nicaragua is the one Holafly offers. With so many advantages with Holafly, you can be sure you’ll have a blast in Nicaragua with 24-hour chat service and support, the characteristics of its data plan, and the high-quality service.
Frequent questions about the best SIM card for Nicaragua
You can connect to public networks in cafes, restaurants, and parks. However, it is better if you take with you a SIM card, so you will avoid running out of internet.
It is an excellent alternative to be connected all the time. By buying a SIM card or eSIM you will avoid paying for international roaming, and you will save time since you won’t have to look for Wifi networks.
Depending on the type of card you want, and the data plans that the operators offer. If you pick Holafly you have two options (either the SIM card or the eSIM), with accessible prices and many advantages.
Cootel, Claro, and Movistar are the main operators in this country. Holafly works with Claro and Movistar networks, depending on the network stability.
Recommendations to choose the best SIM card for Nicaragua.
- Don’t watch videos on streaming platforms (such as Netflix or Amazon Prime) with your cellular data, this will only drain your data quickly.
- Before traveling to Nicaragua, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Make sure your phone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to other networks.
- Download the apps you need before traveling, don’t waste your data on something you can get done before hand.
- If you are not using your phone turn off your data plan. This way you will avoid consuming your data quicker.
Alright, we have got to the end of this article. Hopefully, this information will help you pick the SIM card for Nicaragua that best suits your needs. There is no doubt, Holafly will let you have an amazing experience. You won’t regret it!