If you want to visit a tropical place and lose yourself on the beach and enjoy nice weather, Puerto Rico sounds like the place that is perfect for you to visit. Taking a vacation in Puerto Rico surely sounds like something great to do, but what about staying connected? That’s something we can do with a SIM card for Puerto Rico!
If you have some doubts about this service or how you can get one SIM card to visit this country, we will tell you everything you need to know here. So, you might want to take a look at all the information we have for you!
eSIM for Puerto Rico
Where can I buy a SIM card for Puerto Rico?
Where can I get an eSIM? This is a common question asked by those who wish to purchase something and don’t know how to do it. No worries! You can find out where to purchase a SIM card for Puerto Rico here.
- In physical stores: There are numerous cellular operators that allow customers to purchase SIM cards in their citywide retail locations.
- Online stores: Nowadays, you can get a SIM card from a variety of internet retailers, like Holafly.
If your phone supports eSIMs, getting one is much simpler than getting a SIM card.
Holafly eSIM for Puerto Rico: a great alternative
Let’s stop beating around the bush and get to what we came for. What exactly are the eSIMs that we just mentioned? They are essentially the same thing that we are all familiar with: SIM cards. But, the main difference here is the fact it is a totally digital service.
Overall, that is how the eSIM functions. However, there are some things users should be aware of before using it, particularly those who have never used an eSIM before. Let’s dive a little deeper on those aspects that users who want to get one eSIM for Puerto Rico should know.
- eSIMs are easy to activate through a QR code.
- When using an eSIM, it will mostly work with 4G networks if possible.
- People can share cellular data with their eSIM.
- No major changes are made to the cellphone where the eSIM is installed.
- If the eSIM was bought with Holafly, customers would get 24/7 customer support.
- The activation process can be completed within minutes as long as an internet connection is available.
- Works similar to a roaming service but is much cheaper!
There is just one thing to keep in mind. If you require a phone number to make domestic calls in the city, keep in mind that as long as you have an eSIM, you won’t get a new phone number.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Puerto Rico cost?
Wondering how much an eSIM for Puerto Rico costs? Let’s see the prices offered by Holafly.
|Days of Use||Data||Price (USD)|
|15 Days||6 GB||44 USD|
Thankfully, there’s a variety of prices when it comes to eSIMs. This is great for those who want to have more freedom when choosing the service they would like to use.
Holafly SIM card for Puerto Rico
Now let’s discuss the Holafly Puerto Rico SIM Card and what it offers to travelers. When it comes to SIM cards, this one stands out the most from the rest. This is because the Holafly SIM card is mostly used by tourists because it is designed to be utilized in other countries.
Do these SIM card features need to be known before purchasing one? For us, the answer is yes as people will know what to expect about the service in an easier way.
- A new phone number will be given to the user, which they can use to make and receive calls as well as text messages.
- If a 4G connection is available, the SIM card will function using the same coverage.
- The SIM card needs to be activated for it to work correctly.
- Customers get access to 24/7 customer service if they purchased their SIM card through the Holafly online store.
- It almost completely covers Puerto Rico, and the coverage is quality is excellent.
- It allows sharing data with other people without any issues.
Other than that, the Holafly SIM card for Puerto Rico is also available in many other places, which is great for travelers to know in case they intend to travel somewhere else as well!
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
Now, it’s time to talk about the prices of the SIM cards offered by Holafly for Puerto Rico.
|Days of Use||Data||Price (USD)|
|30 Days||8 GB||$38 USD|
|30 Days||12 GB||$49 USD|
AT&T SIM card for Puerto Rico
In case you are wondering which companies offer cellular services offer for SIM cards in Puerto Rico, there are a few cellular services providers operating there as of now. One of the options we can mention here is AT&T.
- Easy access to 4G connections.
- Offer different kinds of data plans.
- Roaming service available for people.
- Allows people to change SIM cards for eSIMs.
AT&T sounds like a good idea to use in Puerto Rico, but we have to remember the fact they are more focused on local citizens rather than travelers, which is why the Holafly SIM card is much more reliable!
T-Mobile SIM card for Puerto Rico
The T-Mobile SIM card is another choice that we can make. Let’s check out what they have to offer as it is one of the most well-known cellular companies in America.
- Offers different data plans for travelers.
- Different promotions related to the cellular service.
- Their majority of plans start at more than $30.
- Uses 4G networks.
T-Mobile is a readily available alternative for travelers, although it can be challenging for foreigners to obtain a SIM card. So, what is our advice? Pick up a Holafly SIM card.
Which is the best SIM card for Puerto Rico?
It’s time to tell which SIM card we suggest the most now that we’ve discussed various services and businesses. Holafly is the winner in this case because of everything they provide and since it is more focused on travelers.
Obviously, by saying this we can’t tell what other services might not be a suitable alternative to use. The thing here comes with the easiness of Holafly to help travelers to stay connected, which is why we recommend it for these cases.
Frequent questions about the best SIM card for Puerto Rico
In case you have an issue related to your SIM card, and you bought with Holafly, you will have access to 24/7 customer support service whenever you need it.
It depends. As we mentioned before, there are different ways of getting one, but the final choice will depend on which service people actually want to use.
For those wondering which are the most famous cellular operators in Puerto Rico, we can tell they are AT&T, T-Mobile, and Claro Mobile.
If you would like to travel to Puerto Rico, it is a must for you to stay connected when being there. Therefore, this reason is more than enough for you to go and get a SIM card to stay connected there!
Recommendations to choose the best SIM card for Puerto Rico
- As much as possible, get your SIM card before traveling to Puerto Rico.
- To avoid using up your cellular data, try downloading videos you can watch while on the go while having access to a WiFi connection.
- For your phone to accept a SIM card, make sure the bands are unlocked so the service properly works.
- Turn off your cellular data whenever you aren’t using it to save some data.
- Always double-check the requirements for entry into Puerto Rico as a tourist.
We sincerely hope that the information we have provided here will be helpful to you! You can now select the SIM card that best suits your needs since you know how to do so. Undoubtedly, the Holafly SIM card is the best option for us.