A great eSIM for Venice is a must-have for you to fully enjoy your trip in this famous European city full of winding canals, striking architecture, and beautiful bridges. If you want to be connected all the time, you should take a virtual card with you.
In this article, you’ll read about the best Unlimited data eSIM for Venice. You will learn about prices, characteristics, advantages, where to get one, and more! This will help you decide which one best suits your travel.
Where can I buy an eSIM for Venice?
For this destination you have three different options:
- Get it on online stores, for example, with Spanish company Holafly.
- Find a physical store when you arrive that offers virtual cards.
- Or, if your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, you can acquire a prepaid SIM card for Venice.
Unlimited data eSIM for Venice
Buy an Unlimited data eSIM for Venice with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
What is an eSIM?
Wondering what an eSIM is? It’s a little device implanted in the cell phone’s hardware that can host many lines from different operators, activates the data plan through a QR code, and does not need installation. This virtual card will replace the traditional SIM cards. You can get one on the Holafly virtual store.
Advantages of the eSIM for Venice
- No contract! It makes the purchasing process more accessible.
- You can still use your physical SIM card if you need both devices simultaneously.
- 24-hour chat support available. You can also receive help by phone.
- You won´t have to worry about running out of data, as you will have unlimited data.
This virtual card is your best option if you are located in Latin America. The Holafly physical SIM card can only be sent to countries like Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Luxembourg.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Venice?
Here you have a simple guide to activating your eSIM.
- First, you must enter the Holafly store, pick your destination (Italy in this case), and complete the purchase.
- You will receive the QR code to install the data plan on your email.
- Scan the QR code (you must be connected to the internet) to configure the eSIM on your device. (Remember that the cell phone with which you scan the QR must be the one that is going to carry the data plan).
- Give it a different name to differentiate your eSIM from your SIM card.
- Once you land at your destination, activate your Android or IOS data roaming.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet!
You should know that you install the data plan when you receive the QR code, but you activate the internet once you get to Venice.
How much does an Holafly eSIM card for Venice cost?
Holafly’s virtual card has different options, and they are the following:
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$99|
SIM card for Venice.
This is the best option for you if you are in a European country such as Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Switzerland, or Luxembourg. Holafly will send your physical SIM card for free before you travel to Venice. The Holafly physical SIM card for Venice has the following characteristics:
- If you are in Venice, you receive your SIM card for free, and it can arrive at your hotel.
- 4G speed.
- Coverage in Italy and other 47 European destinations, so if you’re in Venice and you want to visit other neighboring countries, you can still use your data.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language.
- 24-hour phone and chat support.
- You count on a U.K. phone number to make and receive calls.
If your smartphone is incompatible with an eSIM, then this physical SIM card is your best option.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
The physical SIM card for Venice, which can also be used in other 47 European destinations, has the following different plans:
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$29|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$39|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$49|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$59|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$87|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$169|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$239|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs. the physical SIM card for Venice
- Easy purchasing: getting this virtual SIM is very simple and easy.
- It does not need a physical installation: an eSIM is a device implanted on the cell phone’s hardware, so you won’t have to physically put or take out this chip.
- Excellent connection: internet connection of the eSIM is usually very stable and efficient.
- It can host different lines: a virtual SIM card can manage many lines simultaneously, which is impossible with the traditional SIM.
Virtual Tim SIM card in Venice.
If when you get to Venice, you decide to buy an eSIM, you probably find a physical store of the Tim operator. The virtual SIM cards of this company have the following characteristics:
- Easy portability process. You avoid changing eSIM.
- You can have more than one number on your cell phone.
- This virtual SIM card is also compatible with some smartwatches.
- No binding contract to buy it!
When you are in Venice and decide to travel to another European country, you can still enjoy your data, thanks to the Holafly SIM card, which has coverage for other 47 European destinations.
Vodafone eSIM in Venice.
When you arrive at the airport in Venice, you will find a Vodafone physical store. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- You download the eSIM through the operator’s webpage with a QR code.
- You can only get this eSIM if you are a regular customer.
- Service and support through many digital service channels.
- There are not many plans for the eSIM compared to the physical chips.
You receive the best Holafly SIM card at your hotel for free. You will have access to the internet right when you get to your lodging.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Venice
No, the eSIM for Venice does not allow you to share data but remember that you’ll have unlimited data.
The installation of the eSIM is made by a QR code, and you have to do it before traveling. The data plan must be configured before you get to Venice.
Yes, you can. With Holafly eSIM, you can also use the physical card of your national operator at the same time. But you should know that your national operator will charge you for the international roaming, which can be very expensive.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Venice.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands to connect to Italian telephone networks.
- If your phone is not eSIM compatible, you can use a physical SIM card instead.
- Don’t use your data to watch videos on streaming platforms (such as Netflix or Amazon Prime). This will only make you waste your data.
- Download the translator and other apps before you get to Venice. This way, you will avoid wasting your data plan.
- Before traveling to Venice, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
Alright, friends, we’ve reached the end of this article. No doubt: Holafly is your best option. It will give you fast and reliable internet, 24-hour chat support, and a great connection during your whole trip. You won’t regret it!
Other destinations to travel with an eSIM.
If you are in Italy and you decide to visit other European destinations, this might be of your interest:
- Best eSIM to travel to Switzerland.
- eSIM for Germany: Which one should I pick?
- Best eSIM for France: Which one should I pick?
- eSIM for Europe: Wich one to buy?