Need an eSIM while visiting São Paulo? You don’t know how or where to get one? If you want to remain connected in an astonishing city like São Paulo, you must have a SIM card or eSIM, so you’ll have an internet connection during your trip.
This article will tell you everything you need to know, like prices, features, advantages, things to keep in mind, where to get it, and so much more. Follow me!
eSIM for Sao Paulo
Where can I buy an eSIM for São Paulo?
To get this type of card, you have three different options:
- Get it on international online stores, like Holafly.
- Look for physical points of sale when you land and make sure that they have virtual SIM cards available.
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM will, eventually, replace the physical cards. It’s a little device that goes inside your cell phone, can host many telephone operator lines, and uses QR codes to activate the data plan (you can get it on the Holafly eSIM store). And… It is more practical and simple to use than the usual SIM cards!
Advantages of an eSIM for São Paulo
The Holafly eSIM has the following advantages:
- No contract, which makes the purchasing process easier.
- 24-hour chat support and over-the-phone service is also available.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language, so you can still use this app.
- You can share your data with other devices if you are not traveling alone.
- Do you still need to use your physical SIM card? Don’t worry! You can use both devices at the same time.
- Check if your device is eSIM compatible: here is a list of compatible cell phones.
How do I activate my eSIM card for São Paulo?
Here you have a simple guide to activating your eSIM.
- First, you must enter the Holafly store, pick your destination (Brazil in this case), and complete the purchase.
- Once you do that, you will receive a QR code in your email. This QR code will install the data plan.
- Scan the QR code (You must be connected to the internet) to configure the eSIM in your device.
NOTE: The cell phone with which you scan the QR must be the one that is going to carry the data plan.
- Rename the eSIM to differentiate your eSIM from your physical SIM card.
- Once you arrive at your destination, activate your Androids or IOS data roaming.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet!
Remember: you install the data plan when you receive the QR code, but you activate the internet once you get to São Paulo.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for São Paulo cost?
The virtual card has only one plan available:
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||5 GB||$44|
SIM card for São Paulo
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical chip for São Paulo
- You can use both devices simultaneously: with an eSIM you can still use your home country’s local SIM.
- Easy purchasing: with the Holafly digital SIM, you buy and receive the QR for its installation immediately. With the physical SIM card, you have to wait for it to arrive at your house.
- Excellent connection: usually, the internet connection of the eSIM is very stable and efficient.
- It does not pollute: being a virtual device, it does not require a physical installation, and that makes it an ecological product.
Virtual Tim SIM card in São Paulo
It is possible that when you get to São Paulo, you stumble upon a physical TIM operator store. The virtual SIM cards of this company have the following characteristics:
- Some plans come with free musical apps.
- No minimum clauses.
- You can top up your internet plans.
- Depending on the plan, you may have unlimited message apps.
In case you have any problem with your data plan, with Holafly you have 24-hour chat support either for your eSIM or your physical SIM card.
Digital Oi eSIM in Sao Paulo
Another operator is Oi. Their virtual SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Unlimited social media for some plans.
- Unlimited calls inside the country.
- No minimum clause.
- You have to be a current customer to get the eSIM.
Don’t buy your eSIM at the airport because it is more expensive.
Which is the best eSIM for São Paulo?
The Holafly eSIM for São Paulo is the ideal option. You can buy it from anywhere; There’s 24-hour chat support available; you can use the eSIM and the physical SIM card at the same time, with an excellent connection. If your smartphone is incompatible, we recommend the Holafly physical eSIM card for São Paulo.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for São Paulo
The installation of the eSIM is done through a QR code, and you have to do it before traveling. The data plan must be set up, and you activate the data once you get to São Paulo.
Absolutely! It is possible to share data with other devices, a great advantage if you are not traveling alone.
No, it is not necessary. It is a swift purchase, safe and simple to make through an online store.
Yes, you can. There is no inconvenience with that. But you should know that your domestic operator will charge you for the international roaming.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for São Paulo
- Don’t get your eSIM at the airport because it will be expensive and hard to find.
- If your phone is not eSIM compatible you can use a physical SIM card instead.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to other telephone networks.
- Don’t download apps or games with cellular data. This will only drain your internet quickly.
- Before traveling to São Paulo, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
Alright, friends, we have reached the end of this article. Hopefully, this information will help you make the best decision. If you pick Holafly, you will have the best internet in this destination!
Other destinations to travel with an eSIM or SIM card
If you are in São Paulo, you may visit another destination, so this might be of your interest: