The best eSIM for Quito is something that you will need for your trip to this wonderful city. If what you want is to avoid WiFi public networks, then you should take an eSIM or virtual SIM card with you.
This article will tell you everything you need to know for you to choose the best eSIM for Quito. You will learn about features, advantages, prices, where to get it, and so much more!
Where can I buy an eSIM for Quito?
To get this eSIM card, you have three different options:
- Get it wherever you are through virtual stores, like Holafly.
- Look for physical stores of the operators of your destination.
- If your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, you can always get a physical SIM card for you to enjoy a high-speed connection in Quito.
eSIM for Quito
Buy an eSIM for Quito with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM is a little device that goes implanted in the cell phone’s hardware. It is a new product and a great alternative because of its fast process of acquisition and installation; you can have the data plan ready before leaving your country, and also it helps the environment since it is not made of plastic (you can get it on the Holafly eSIM store).
Advantages of an eSIM for Quito.
The Holafly eSIM has the following advantages:
- You can buy this eSIM from anywhere in the world through the Holafly virtual store!
- It is easy to purchase.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language.
- You get 24-hour chat support, and you can also receive help by phone.
- Furthermore, you can share your internet connection with other devices if you are not traveling alone.
- Receive your QR code and activate it immediately since the installation of this card is simple.
- You can use both the eSIM and the SIM card simultaneously! A revolutionary experience.
- Check if your device is eSIM compatible: here is a list of compatible cell phones.
For those who live in Latin America, the eSIM is their best option because the Holafly SIM card can only be delivered within some European countries.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Quito?
Here you have a simple guide to activating any Holafly eSIM.
- First, you must complete your purchase on the Holafly virtual store. You will have to look for the eSIM of the destination you are traveling to.
- You receive in your email the QR code. Afterwards, you scan it with the cell phone that you are going to use during your trip (for it, you must be connected to the internet)
- Install the data plan some hours before landing or once you land in Quito. Give it a different name so that you can differentiate your eSIM from your regular SIM card.
- Activate the data roaming.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet!
Remember: you install the data plan when you receive the QR code, but you activate the internet once you get to Quito.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Quito cost?
The virtual card for Quito has only one possible plan:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|15 days||6GB||€47 / $44|
Physical SIM card for Quito.
Another option you have for connecting to the internet during your trip is the physical SIM card for Quito. It is a great option if you are in some European country like Spain, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Germany, or Switzerland. Holafly will deliver your SIM card to your house or work. The physical SIM card has the following characteristics:
- Connection to the Movistar or Claro networks (depending on the device), two of the most popular operators of Quito.
- It includes a Quito number to receive calls.
- 3G or 4G speed.
- Installation and activation process before leaving your country (some hours before the flight or once you land)
- You keep your WhatsApp number, so you can still use this app.
- 24-hour chat support for you to solve any problem.
If your smartphone is incompatible with an eSIM, then this physical SIM card is perfect for you.
How much does the physical chip cost?
If you want to buy the Holafly physical SIM card, you have two different plans:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|7 days||3GB||€44 / $51|
|14 days||5GB||€47 / $54|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical SIM card for Quito.
- It does not pollute: thanks to the fact of being a virtual device, it does not use plastic, and that makes it an ecological product!
- Dual SIM: with an eSIM or virtual card you can also use your SIM card at the same time.
- For as many days as your trip lasts: an eSIM is usually aimed at travelers that will be at their destinations for a few days or weeks, and that makes the eSIM and SIM card something that is convenient to connect to the internet efficiently.
- Easy purchasing: look for your destination, make the purchase and get the QR code. See? The purchasing process is as simple as that!
Claro virtual SIM card in Ecuator.
When you get to Quito, it is possible that you will find a physical store of the operator Claro. The virtual SIM cards of this company have the following characteristics:
- There is a subscription contract to get the chip.
- You can text and make calls inside Quito.
- Service and support via phone, chat, and email.
- Different GB for social media and browsing.
Usually, the physical stores you can find at the airport only offer physical SIM cards, which is a big disadvantage if you plan to buy an eSIM when you land.
Movistar digital SIM in Ecuator.
When you arrive at Quito airport, you probably find a physical store of the operator Movistar. Their virtual SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- You can top up your data plan, depending on the number of GB.
- 4G speed connection, or LTE speed in some devices.
- Depending on the data plan you choose, you can have some apps for free.
- There’s a contract to get this card.
In case you have any problems, Holafly offers 24-hour chat support, either for its eSIM or physical SIM card.
Which is the best eSIM for Quito?
The Holafly eSIM for Quito is the best option. You can buy it from home and from anywhere in the world. Also, it has 24/7 chat support. On the other hand, if your cell phone is not eSIM compatible, you can get the Holafly physical SIM card for Quito, another great option!
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Quito
Yes, you can. There is no inconvenience with that. But you should know that your domestic operator will charge you for the international roaming.
The installation of the eSIM is done through a QR code, and you have to do so before traveling. You activate the data roaming once you get to Quito or a few hours before landing.
You start using your data once you activate the data roaming when you land.
You can go on to the Holafly virtual store, where you will find various eSIM cards for different destinations. It will always be an easy, simple, and safe purchase.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Quito.
- Apps like Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, or Facebook consume lots of data. So, if you are not using these apps, turn off your cellular data.
- Don’t watch videos from streaming platforms with cellular data. This will only make your internet run out quickly.
- Make sure your cellphone has unlocked bands to connect to other telephone networks.
- Before traveling to Quito, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Don’t buy your eSIM at the airport since getting this type of device is more expensive.
Alright, friends, we have reached the end of this article about the best eSIM to travel to Quito. If you pick Holafly, you will always be connected and have the best internet in this destination!