Traveling to the equator is an enriching experience and you’ll need the best SIM card for Ecuador with you. This way you will be able to share your trip with your friends and family, and you will avoid having to look for public Wifi networks.
That’s the reason why this article will tell you everything you need to know about the best SIM card for Ecuador. You will read about prices, features, advantages, where to buy it, and more information for you to make the best decision! Keep reading!
eSIM for Ecuador
>>Buy an eSIM for Ecuador<< Get 5% OFF. Code: MYESIMNOW5
Where can I buy a SIM card for Ecuador?
There are three different options to buy this SIM card:
- Get it on international online stores that offer international prepaid cards, like the Spanish company Holafly.
- Look for physical points of sale when you arrive at the airport.
- Or, you can buy a virtual SIM card, (also known as eSIM), a new way to have the internet on your cell phone.
Holafly eSIM for Ecuador: a great alternative.
The eSIM is a small device (smaller than a nano-SIM) that goes implanted on the cell phone’s hardware, does not need physical installation and you can get it on the Holafly virtual store.
The Holafly store has this product included in its inventory. The eSIM for Ecuador is such a great alternative and it has the following characteristics:
- It connects to 3G or 4G networks.
- You make the purchase and get the QR code for the activation immediately.
- You can share data with other devices.
- Keep your WhatsApp number, so you can still use this app.
- 24-hour chat service and support, in case you have any problems.
- You can use both, the eSIM and the SIM card at the same time.
- This eSIM joins the Movistar network.
Anyway, you should know that this virtual card does not include a local number, so you won’t be able to make calls or send texts. Also, you should check if your cell phone is eSIM compatible.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Ecuador cost?
Currently, the virtual card for Ecuador has two plans available:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
The Holafly eSIM for Ecuador is a great option for the people in Latin America.
Holafly SIM card for Ecuador.
If you are in a European country, such as Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France, or Luxembourg, Holafly will deliver your physical SIM card to your house or work for free before you travel to Ecuador. You can get it on the Holafly online store. This card also has great advantages:
- Depending on the device, you can use the Movistar or Claro network, two of the most popular operators in this destination.
- 3G or 4G speed.
- It includes a number from Ecuador, so you can receive calls.
- Installation and activation process before arriving.
- 24-hour chat service and support. You can also call for help.
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
The Holafly SIM card has two available plans:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€ and USD)|
|7 days||3GB||€44 / $51|
|14 days||5GB||€47 / $54|
Movistar SIM card for Ecuador.
Movistar is of the most popular cellular providers in Ecuador and their SIM cards come with the following characteristics:
- 4G speed.
- Toppable data plans.
- Low-cost calls and texts.
- Depending on the data plan you choose you have some free apps.
With the Holafly SIM card for Ecuador, you can still use WhatsApp.
Claro SIM card for Ecuador.
When you arrive at the airport in Ecuador you will find a physical store of the operator Claro. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Toppable data plans.
- You can make calls and send texts inside this country.
- Different GB for social media and browsing.
- Service and support via chat, email, and phone.
The Holafly SIM card connects to the Movistar network, one of the best in this country, and it has 3G and 4G speeds.
Wich is the best SIM card for Ecuador?
There is no doubt, getting the Holafly SIM card is your best option. With the card of this Spanish company, you have 24-hour chat service and support, you keep your WhatsApp number, and you have a high-speed connection. Believe us, you won’t regret getting this card.
Frequent questions about the best SIM card for Ecuador
You can buy one when you get to the airport. Also, you can buy it through an online store such as Holafly, this way you will have data right when you land.
It depends on the operator you choose. In the case of Ecuador you have two main operators: Movistar and Claro, both offer different prices for their data plans. With Holafly you can acquire a SIM card or an eSIM.
It really depends on the operator you previously chose that can define if any unexpected issue can be resolved. If you get the Holafly SIM card, you will have 24/7 chat service and support. You can also call for help.
Because this way, you will avoid paying for international roaming and having to look for public Wifi or using pocket wifi. You will have the mobile data right in your phone.
Recommendations to choose the best SIM card for Ecuador.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands to connect to other networks.
- If you are not using your phone, turn off your mobile data, so you will avoid consuming it with apps like Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Facebook.
- Before traveling to Ecuador, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Do not watch videos on streaming platforms with your cellular data, or your plan will end quickly.
- It is better if you buy your SIM card before getting to Ecuador because it can be very expensive.
Alright friends, we have got to the end of this article. Hopefully, this information will help you pick the SIM card for Ecuador that best suits your needs. There is no doubt, with Holafly your experience will be unforgettable. You won’t regret it!