Jakarta is the real deal if you want to travel to a place with vibrant city life and impressive diversity. The capital of Indonesia is full of cultural heritage, fun, and world-class sites. That’s why if you’re traveling to this beautiful city soon, you shouldn’t miss out on bringing the best eSIM for Jakarta with you.
eSIMs have become very popular among travelers as they are easy to acquire. That is why through this article, we will be talking to you about what an eSIM is, its features and benefits, where you can find it, and its prices. Read on to discover the best alternative to stay connected to the internet during your travels.
eSIM for Jakarta
Where can I buy an eSIM for Jakarta?
Today many alternatives will allow you to stay connected to the internet while traveling. However, undoubtedly, eSIMs have proven to be one of the best. So if you become interested in this service, you must know everything about them, and we will start by explaining where you can buy an eSIM for your trip.
- International online shops: As a first method, we bring you our favorite alternative, as it is straightforward and convenient to buy an eSIM through online stores. An excellent example of an online store is Holafly, which manages a website where it is effortless to purchase an eSIM.
- Local cellular operators’ physical stores: When you arrive at your travel destination, you will find physical stores of local cellular operators, who usually offer prepaid services for tourists.
The above two methods are the most common for acquiring an eSIM. On the other hand, if you find that you will not be able to use an eSIM because your cellular phone is not eSIM compatible, then we recommend you purchase a prepaid SIM card for Jakarta through one of the above methods.
What is an eSIM?
We have told you where you can get an eSIM card for your trip, but you may not know what eSIMs are. Simply put an eSIM is similar to a SIM card, with the big difference being that eSIMs are digital and primarily for cellular data use.
These eSIMs work because many of the latest generations of cellular phones have a small embedded device that allows the installation and activation of an eSIM through a QR code.
Advantages of an eSIM for Jakarta.
The eSIM is a service full of positive features that differentiate it from other types of services. That is why taking an eSIM with you on your trip will bring you many advantages, which we will discuss below:
- The eSIMs are easy to purchase online, and you can configure them on your cellphone quickly.
- You can select from different plans and enjoy unlimited data, so you don’t have to worry about running out of cellular data.
- You can call and message your contacts on WhatsApp without changing your phone number.
- eSIM can’t be physically damaged or lost.
- If you purchase your eSIM with Holafly, you will have 24 hours a day technical support in different languages.
eSIM cards are a perfect option for people outside Europe, as they will not have to wait for any delivery to use the service.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Jakarta?
Some people think that the virtual eSIM has a complex activation process. However, on the contrary, an eSIM card is easy to install and activate. Just follow the steps below.
- The first thing to do is to purchase your eSIM. To accomplish this, you must go to Holafly’s official website, choose your travel destination, the plan that suits you best and complete the purchase.
- You will receive a QR code on your email at the end of your purchase, which you must scan on your cellphone for the eSIM to be installed. You must be connected to the internet.
- We recommend you rename the eSIM, so you can differentiate it from the SIM card you use at home.
- Finally, once you arrive in Jakarta, you will need to activate data roaming, so you will be able to connect to the internet.
Also, if you experience any problem while installing or activating the eSIM, Holafly will give you support 24 hours a day.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Jakarta cost?
With Holafly, you can choose between different eSIM card plans for Jakarta, which have the following features and prices:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||€19 / $19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||€34 / $34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||€47 / $47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||€57 / $57|
|30 days||Unlimited data||€69 / $69|
|60 days||Unlimited data||€87 / $87|
|90 days||Unlimited data||€99 / $99|
SIM card for Jakarta
As we have already mentioned before, there are different ways to stay connected to the internet, and a viable alternative to eSIMs is prepaid SIM cards. These are basically the same SIM cards you use at home, with the big difference being that they are usually for cellular data use.
So if you find that your cellphone is incompatible with eSIMs, these prepaid SIM cards will be the ideal option. And you can also purchase them from online stores like Holafly. Their prepaid SIM cards have the following features:
- This SIM includes unlimited data in Indonesia, has 4 GB of 4G and unlimited 2G, and with Indosat coverage.
- It shares data as if it were a Pocket WiFi without carrying another device.
- It is effortless to activate.
- If you encounter any problem with the SIM card, you will have 24 hours support from Holafly.
- Travelers will not need to change their phone numbers to use an international SIM card.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
Holafly has a prepaid SIM card for Indonesia, which will allow you to connect to the internet while you are in Jakarta, which has the following features:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|12 days||6 GB||€32 / $34|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs. the physical SIM card for Jakarta
Both eSIM cards and SIM cards are excellent alternatives to stay connected to the Internet. However, we can see that eSIMs have certain advantages, which are as follows:
- eSIMs are effortless to purchase and activate, as you can buy them in online stores, receive them immediately and activate them easily with a QR code.
- eSIMs make changing service providers easier.
- The eSIM can be used with a SIM as phones with dual-SIM technology can switch between a SIM data line and an eSIM to get the best possible signal worldwide.
- By using an eSIM card, you will contribute to the prevention of pollution in the environment.
Telkomsel eSIM card for Jakarta.
It is the largest cellular operator in Indonesia and has the best coverage, especially in the outer islands. Telkomsel is a safe bet for tourists. So if you want to purchase an internet connectivity service once you arrive in Indonesia, you can buy them in their physical stores. Telkomsel’s services have the following features:
- Telkomsel provides GSM, 2G, 3G, and 4G throughout the country.
- Only one service can be activated per person.
- It can be purchased through its physical stores.
- If the balance runs out, it can be topped up at a physical store.
Indosat eSIM card for Jakarta.
Another local operator in Indonesia with which you can also acquire internet connectivity services during your trip is Indosat. It is characterized by:
- You can make calls in China, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, and India with the minute package.
- They have good internet service plans for tourists.
- They offer 3G and 4G services.
- You can find their services in many phone shops.
Which is the best eSIM for Jakarta?
After explaining everything about eSIMs, the time has come to define the best eSIM that you can use for your trip to Jakarta and any trip you make. And without any doubt, we can say that Holafly’s eSIM card for Jakarta is the best of all.
With its eSIM card, you can enjoy unlimited data, so you can always have cellular data on your cellphone during your trip to Indonesia. On the other hand, you will have technical support at any time in case of problems with the service.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Jakarta
Once you purchase an eSIM, you will receive it immediately to your email address. You then just need to scan the QR code to activate the SIM.
The Indonesia eSIM uses Hutchison, one of the best eSIM providers in the country.
Currently, only the following devices are compatible with the Holafly eSIM: Apple iPhone SE (2020), XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro and Pro 11 Pro Max,12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 Mini, Samsung S20, Galaxy Z Flip, Note 20 Ultra, Fold LTE, Huawei P40, P40 Pro, Google Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a and Motorola Razr 2019. Some iPad models are also compatible (iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 inches 3rd generation, iPad Air 3rd generation, iPad 7th generation, and iPad Mini 5th generation), and the Apple Watch Series 4.
The Holafly eSIM offers maximum speed coverage (4GLTE). But bear in mind that there may be a lower speed connection in some areas of limited coverage.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Jakarta.
To finish this article, we would like to leave you some recommendations about the eSIM card for Jakarta:
- If you want an eSIM card for your trip, we recommend you to buy it through online stores. That way, you will be able to be connected to the internet once you arrive in Jakarta.
- If your cellphone is incompatible with your eSIM, don’t worry, you can also buy a prepaid SIM card for your trip.
- Remember that it is important that, before starting your trip, verify the entry criteria before traveling to Indonesia.
- When traveling, avoid using the eSIM unless absolutely.
We have reached the end of this article, and we hope that all the information will be very useful for you. We also hope you can enjoy your trip to Jakarta in the best way.