When looking for adventure in Oceania, New Zealand is one of the top destinations in this continent and definitely one of the countries worth visiting there. Travelers can enjoy all kinds of things while being here, but they have to find a way to stay in contact with others. That’s why today we will talk about the SIM card New Zealand.
We will tell you everything people have to know about the SIM card, such as prices, plan details, advantages, and more. So, if you are a frequent traveler, this is something that will surely be useful for you.
eSIM for New Zealand
Where can I buy a SIM card for New Zealand?
Don’t you know where to get a SIM card? No need to worry, there are different ways of getting one.
- Through an online store: If you decide to buy a SIM card through an online store you can save lots of time, and there are some good options out there, such as Holafly.
- In a physical store: This is the traditional option for many of us, and it is still an option for people traveling around the world as they can get a SIM card with ease in physical stores.
- People can also use eSIM cards as long as they have a device that supports them.
(You may also be interested in the best SIM card for Australia)
Holafly eSIM for New Zealand: a great alternative
The eSIM card is a new and revolutionary consumer tech that is a great alternative for people traveling around the world. As long as your cellphone or device is compatible with the eSIM, it will become a pretty useful tool for travelers who want to stay connected, no matter where they are.
Another thing to know, and maybe the most important one, is that eSIMs are completely digital and work on last-gen devices. Other than that, this new trend is pretty similar to the traditional SIM card that almost anyone already knows about, but there are some different features to remember.
- People can easily activate their eSIM with a QR code.
- eSIMs can connect to 4G networks.
- All eSIMs come with unlimited data.
- There are no major changes on the cellphone when using an eSIM.
- With the Holafly eSIM New Zealand, people have access to 24/7 customer support.
- People need an internet connection to properly activate the eSIM.
Now, there’s a thing to remember about eSIMs. They don’t come with a new phone number, so keep that in mind if you are planning to make phone calls with it or something similar.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for New Zealand cost?
For New Zealand, there are only two plans for people to use.
|Days of Use||Data||Price (USD)|
|5 Days||Unlimited Data||27 USD|
|7 Days||Unlimited Data||34 USD|
|10 Days||Unlimited Data||37 USD|
|15 Days||Unlimited Data||47 USD|
|20 Days||Unlimited Data||54 USD|
Even though there are only two plans, it is far cheaper than using a roaming service.
Local SIM cards for New Zealand
In case people want to get a SIM card once they arrive in New Zealand, there are some alternatives to choose from.
These alternatives come from local mobile carriers in New Zealand. So it’s important that people ask what are the requirements to get a SIM card as a traveler.
2Degrees Mobile SIM card for New Zealand
Just like it happens in many other countries, people can get a SIM card to use in New Zealand with no issues at all. But, they are easier to get for locals than for tourists.
Still, let’s see what people can expect from 2Degrees Mobile.
- A steady 4G and 5G connection.
- Account management options through the company’s website.
- Offers add-ons with most of their plans.
- Has different plans for all kinds of customers.
We can say 2Degrees Mobile is a good service for people to use, still, there’s something to remember here, it is not as easy to travel with their SIM card compared to what the Holafly SIM card offers.
Spark Mobile SIM card for New Zealand
Spark Mobile is another alternative available. A cellular operator in New Zealand, so we couldn’t forget to mention them.
They have some features worth mentioning that can help people to understand better how the service works:
- Availability to manage the SIM card through the company’s website.
- Offers different kinds of plans for its customers.
- Includes travel packs on their service.
- Works well with 4G networks.
Spark Mobile offers people the chance to use their service while traveling, but compared to the Holafly rates, it is more expensive to use.
Which is the best SIM card for New Zealand?
Now that we have discussed so many things, it’s time to decide. For us, Holafly is the best option due to everything it offers. Don’t get us wrong, 2Degrees and Spark Mobile are suitable alternatives, but not for travelers.
Frequent questions about the best SIM card for New Zealand
It will depend on how you want to get it. You can get it in a physical store once you arrive in New Zealand, as it is the best alternative.
If you intend to travel to New Zealand, then you have to stay in touch with your friends and family, and it can help you to save money as you won’t use a roaming service.
Nowadays, there are two main cellular operators working in New Zealand. These two are Spark Mobile and 2Degrees Mobile.
Depending on the mobile carrier you are using, you can either contact your carrier through phone or go directly to a store.
Recommendations to choose the best SIM card for New Zealand.
- Remember to check the entrance requirements of New Zealand before traveling.
- Download content you can watch when you are traveling, so you don’t have to use your SIM card data.
- Turn off the cellular data whenever you are not using it.
- Check that your cellphone has unlocked bands for the SIM card to work.
That was all! Hope everything we told here is useful for choosing which SIM card to buy in the future, and remember, Holafly is constantly improving to give travelers the best possible experience!