When we go on a trip, we’re always worried about staying connected and getting all the information we need, right? Fortunately, we’ve got some cool tech advances, and they’re called eSIM. This virtual SIM card will be our lifesaver! eSIM isn’t just about data; it’s got our backs for making phone calls all over Europe too.
So, what is eSIM? It’s an embedded SIM that lives inside your phone, doing all the stuff your regular SIM card used to do. And guess what? It’s changed the game for staying connected in Europe and wherever we go. With eSIM, we can say goodbye to costly options like Roaming in Europe or Pocket WiFi in this continent. In this post, we’ll explore how to make the most of eSIM’s perks to enjoy smooth phone connectivity and stay in touch with our loved ones across Europe.
How to call a landline in Europe with your eSIM
Making calls to landline numbers in Europe with your eSIM is a breeze and will keep you connected to your peeps all over the continent. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to dial a landline number in Europe using your eSIM:
- Get the international dialing code: First things first, know the international dialing code of the country you want to call. Like, for Spain, it’s “+34”, and for France, it’s “+33”. You can find a complete list of these dialing codes online or check with your eSIM provider.
- Dial the international code: Once you get the code, start your call by dialing it. So, if you’re calling a landline number in Spain with your eSIM, just type “+34” on your phone’s keypad.
- Add the area code and phone number: After the international code, enter the area code of the place you’re calling, and then the whole landline number. For example, if it’s 91 234 5678, you put it in after the international code.
- Hit the call button: Once you’ve entered all the right stuff, just press that call button, and your eSIM will take care of the rest. It’s going to use its magic to connect you to a landline number in Europe.
Remember, area codes might differ depending on where you’re calling, so double-check the right area code for your specific spot in Europe.
Calling mobile numbers
Aside from calling landline numbers, you might want to chat with mobile numbers while cruising around Europe with your eSIM. No worries; just follow this quick guide to make all the calls you want:
- Know the international dialing code: Before dialing, make sure you know the international code of the country you want to call. Like, for Italy, it’s “+39”, and for Germany, it’s “+49”. Grab the right code for the country you would like to call.
- Dial the international code: Once you get that code, start your call by dialing it. For example, if you’re calling a mobile number in Italy, type “+39” on your device’s keypad.
- Enter the full cellphone number: After the international code, punch in the whole mobile number, including the area code if needed. Keep that cell phone number handy. So, if it’s 345 678 9012, just enter it after the international code.
- Hit the call button: Once you’ve dialed the international code and the full cell number, press that call button and let your eSIM do its thing. It’s going to use it’s magic to connect you to the mobile number in Europe.
And if you want to call a mobile number in France from your Europe eSIM, dial “+33” followed by the entire cell phone number. For example, if it’s 612 345 678, just dial “+33 612 345 678” to make that call.
What are the benefits of Holafly’s eSIM for Europe?
First up, unlimited data! There’s no need to worry about running out of data while you’re out exploring. You also get minutes to make and receive calls without any extra charges. But you’ll also get some other perks, such as 24/7 customer support, a stable and fast connection, access to the top-notch network in the region, the ability to keep your WhatsApp number, and browsing with lightning speed thanks to their 4G/LTE/5G support.
Holafly’s eSIM for Europe is your ultimate peace of mind! Say goodbye to data worries with unlimited data. You can use all your favorite apps, access information, and share your epic travel stories without any data limits holding you back. And the perks don’t end there! You also get 60 minutes to make and receive calls. Stay connected with your loved ones, plan activities, and sort out any issues hassle-free while you’re in Europe.
Area codes in Europe
When you’re making calls in Europe with your eSIM, don’t forget about those area codes, all right? They’re like the secret codes that make sure your calls land in the right place on the continent. And just for you, here are some area codes for the most popular countries in Europe:
- Spain: +34
- France: +33
- Italy: +39
- Germany: +49
- United Kingdom: +44
- Greece: +30
- Portugal: +351
- The Netherlands: +31
- Switzerland: +41
- Austria: +43
When you’re dialing with your eSIM in Europe, don’t forget to slap on the right international dialing code before the area code and the phone number you want to call. It’s going to make sure your call hits the correct spot in the destination country.
Keep in mind that these area codes might change depending on the region within each country. So, it’s always smart to double-check the latest area codes before you dial to make sure your call goes through without any problems.
Why have calls on your trip to Europe?
Do you know what was a total game-changer during our Europe trip? Being able to make phone calls! Certainly, it’s going to make the whole experience so much smoother. Here’s why:
- We can easily talk to our hotel or lodging: Being able to make calls is a total game-changer! It lets you talk effortlessly with the hotel or place you’re staying at. So, if you’re running late, need to switch up your booking, or face any hiccups during your stay, just dial them up and sort it out like a pro. And having the ability to quickly contact the hotel staff is going to save the day. They’ll be there to help you and get things back on track in no time.
- Transport coordination: Having the power to make calls comes in clutch for transportation! It’s going to help you coordinate and confirm all the travel details you need. Whether you need to reach a private transportation service, call up a car rental company, or check public transport schedules and routes, making those phone calls will make your travel plans a breeze.
- Travel insurance contact feature: Having the ability to make calls is crucial for your travel insurance game. If any emergency or unexpected event happens during your trip, you need to be able to reach your insurance provider. Whether it’s a medical emergency, lost baggage, or any other mishap, being able to call them up will give you peace of mind. They’ll have your back and get you the help you need.
eSIM compatibility varies with phone models and brands. Most modern phones do support eSIM, but you better check your device’s specs or ask your carrier to confirm if it’s eSIM-friendly.
Getting your hands on an eSIM is easy-peasy! Your mobile operator’s got you covered. Stop by their store or contact them to request an eSIM. You can also get an eSIM online from virtual operators or international mobile providers.
Well, it all depends on the plan and operator you go with. We suggest you shop around and compare offers from different operators to find the perfect plan that suits both your needs and budget.
You don’t need mobile data to make calls with an eSIM. It works like magic, even without an active data connection. But some VoIP services may require an internet connection to work properly.