eSIMs are the future of mobile technology. These virtual cards allow you to connect to the internet abroad. In this guide, we’ll explain how to set up your eSIM card on a Motorola Razr.
International eSIM for your Motorola Razr
Activate eSIM on your Motorola Razr as your main SIM
Motorola has abandoned physical SIM cards in this model, so now you can only use an eSIM. There are two main ways of setting up a new virtual SIM card on your Motorola Razr:
- The first option allows you to activate an eSIM at any time.
- The second option can only be done after resetting your phone or using it for the first time.
Activate eSIM on your Motorola at any time.
Time needed: 8 minutes
Now we’ll show you how to configure your digital SIM card on a Motorola Razr from the settings.
- Go to Mobile Network
Go to settings > Internet and Network
- Add Operator
Go to Advanced > Operator > Add Operator, then click on Next
- Scanning QR Code
Scan the code with your camera until the mobile recognizes it.
- Download eSIM profile
After scanning it, press Start to begin the process.
- Activate the eSIM card
Activation is automatic and you will see you now have a mobile connection.
- Verification of eSIM
Your new data plan will appear in the list of added operators.
Activate eSIM in Motorola Razr for the first time.
If you are activating an eSIM for the first time on a new Motorola Razr, follow these steps. These steps also work if you have reset your phone to factory default.
- Click on: Start configuration without SIM card. This option is displayed after choosing the language of your mobile.
- Connect to a WiFi network. This step is essential because you need an internet connection to download the eSIM profile.
- You can copy information from your previous phone. Omit this option if you don’t need to.
- Scanning QR code. The camera will be activated to scan the QR code provided by the operator.
- Continue from point 4 of the steps to configure an eSIM on a Motorola Razr from Settings.
Learn how to set up an eSIM on a Xiaomi
Frequently Asked Questions when configuring eSIM on Motorola Razr phone
No. The iPhone is supported by most operators, but this does not mean that your Motorola Razr will work. You need to check with your network provider to ensure it is supported.
It’s likely that after upgrades, you can enable eSIMs on more operators.
No. To terminate your eSIM service, you must contact your operator.
The Motorola Razr only allows you to have one SIM active at a time. It does not have a physical slot for you to insert a physical SIM.