The North Atlantic is home to the Faroe Islands, located in Europe. As a popular travel destination, we know how important it is to have the internet while you go on vacation. You can post your adventures on social media, call loved ones back home and check the touristic hotspots with the SIM card for the Faroe Islands.
We will help you find the best SIM card to travel to the Faroe Islands so you don’t have to pay for expensive roaming charges by your domestic provider.
We will show you the advantages and disadvantages and where and how to buy your Holafly SIM card for the Faroe Islands. This way, you won’t end up with a headache due to high roaming bills.
If your cellphone is compatible with digital SIM cards, then nothing better than taking the Holafly virtual SIM card for the Faroe Islands with you for this trip.
eSIM for the Faroe Islands
>>Buy an eSIM for Faroe Islands<< Get 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
Why buy a SIM card for the Faroe Islands?
Because being always connected to the internet will be of great help when looking up for directions, and restaurants, listening to streaming music, or sharing data, the best option is to have a SIM card and pay a flat price.
So, if you’re willing to use your provider’s roaming, prepare yourself to receive a huge bill to use this service. For this reason, we will help you choose the option that offers unlimited data, allows you to share data, and keep your WhatsApp number!
Which SIM card for the Faroe Islands offers more data at a better price?
For instance, to choose a SIM card that best suits your needs, you should consider the one that offers more data, low prices, easy to use, and the option to share data with other cellphones and devices.
A good deal on the market is to buy the Holafly SIM card for the Faroe Islands, which in addition to having all the benefits mentioned above, offers 24-hour customer service in English in case you have any questions.
Alternative 1: Virtual SIM card for the Faroe Islands
You can buy your SIM card before traveling to the Faroe Islands through online stores like Holafly. Digital SIM cards are an increasingly popular alternative for travelers who need to remain connected to the internet abroad. Because this is a digital product, eSIMs are more convenient and efficient than traditional SIM cards or roaming services.
Benefits of the Virtual SIM
- Receive your QR code and browse instantly!
- Easy to set up and activate.
- You keep your WhatsApp number on your cellphone.
- You can share data with other devices.
Alternative 2: Buy a SIM card in the Faroe Islands
You can buy the SIM card at Vagar airport or provider stores outside the Ferry Terminal. However, this option is not so convenient in times of coronavirus given that you might end up in a crowd.
These operators usually offer services at high rates and prices, especially when buying in tourist shops. Moreover, you’ll remain without an internet connection until you find a store with more reasonable prices.
The Føroya Tele company is the most popular one in the Faroe Islands. You can find them when leaving the airport at small stores and in different parts of the country.
- You will easily find a point of sale, within the country.
- They offer minutes nationwide included with their plans and packages.
- If you travel as a tourist, you only have 3 available plans.
- Sellers often speak Danish, so be prepared.
This is the second company in the Faroe Islands; they offer a prepaid starter kit.
- You can choose between cellular data and local talk-time.
- You get free calls.
- No tech support in English.
- You must use the number assigned to you in the Faroe Islands.
SIM card for the Faroe Islands, which one to buy?
Undoubtedly, for the next trip, the best alternative is the Holafly virtual SIM card for the Faroe Islands. More specifically, you get 6 GB at 4G speed for 15 days.
But that’s not all! To everything we mentioned above, there are additional perks:
- Easy to use, just activate the SIM when you arrive at your destination and that’s it!
- You keep your WhatsApp number to stay in touch with friends and family.
- 24-hour customer service in English by email, chat, and WhatsApp.
- You can share data as if it were a Pocket WiFi without having to carry another device with you.
Land, activate, and go! You already have internet in the Faroe Islands.
Recommendations for traveling to the Faroe Islands and having internet
- Check that your cellphone has unlocked bands. To clarify, if your cellphone has unlocked bands, you’ll be able to use the domestic networks at your destination.
- Before traveling to the Faroe Islands, check the requirements, conditions, and travel recommendations.
- Download apps and games before you travel. If you do it with your cellular data, your internet plan will run out quickly.
- But, if you’re not going to use cellular data abroad, don’t forget to turn it off in your phone’s settings. When you return to your home country, activate it again.
- Avoid buying SIM cards or chips in any point of sale store.
FAQs about the internet in the Faroe Islands
You can connect to the internet in the Faroe Islands through a SIM card, using roaming, portable WiFi, or free WiFi. In any case, save time and activate your virtual SIM for the Faroe Islands from anywhere you are!
The cost of roaming in the Faroe Islands depends on the operator you use. Normally, the cost ranges from $6 USD to $15 per MB. Remember that this is a non-EU country, and the prices are high.
To choose a SIM to travel to the Faroe Islands, you must know if the amount of data meets your needs, if it allows you to share data with other devices, the operator coverage, if it suits your travel itinerary, etc.
To buy a SIM card before traveling, look for providers on the internet, such as Holafly and their digital SIM, you will have online advice and immediate delivery on your email.