Do you want to know which is the best SIM card for Russia? Do you need to know where to get it? Of course, you want to have one of these cards for your trip. You have to take it with you if you want to be connected all the time.
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the best SIM card for Russia. Prices, features, advantages, things to keep in mind, where to get it, and more information for you to make the best decision!
Where can I buy a SIM card for Russia?
If you are planning a trip to Russia and you want to get a SIM card you have three different options to buy it:
- Get it on international online stores that offer international prepaid cards, like the Spanish company Holafly.
- Look for physical stores when you arrive at the airport.
- Or, you can buy a virtual SIM card, (also known as eSIM), a new and great alternative! (You can acquire through the Holafly store).
Holafly SIM card for Russia
If you are in France, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, Italy, or Luxembourg, Holafly will deliver your physical SIM card to your house or office for free and before you travel to Russia. This card also has great advantages:
- 2G and 4G data speed, to 128kbps.
- Easy instructions for the installation.
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
- You can share data with this card.
- You receive it for free in Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Luxembourg.
- It has 24-hour chat service and support available.
- It works with the Beeline network, a famous Russian operator.
Anyway, you have to keep in mind that this physical chip, does not include the option to make calls or send texts. Also, this card only works when you arrive at your destination, not before.
How much does the physical chip cost?
The Holafly SIM card has only one plan:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€)|
Beeline SIM card for Russia
When you get to Russia you are going to find a physical Beeline operator store. This company’s SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Depending on the data plan, you can top up your SIM card.
- You have different payment methods.
- It has different browsing plans for social media.
- Unlimited calls inside Russia.
Try to get your SIM card before traveling to Russia, so you will avoid having problems communicating with Russian people.
Megafone SIM card for Russia
When you arrive at the airport in Russia you will find a physical Megafone operator store, one of the most used operators in this country. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Unlimited calls inside all Russia.
- You can accumulate and share your data.
- If your plan is over, you can keep browsing, but the speed will slow down a bit.
- Service and support available on the operator’s web page.
In case you have any problems, Holafly offers 24-hour chat or email support, for you to solve any issue.
eSIM for Russia, a great alternative
Sooner or later, the eSIM will replace the traditional SIM card. This is a little device that is implanted on the cell phone’s hardware, it can host 20 different operator lines and it uses a QR code to activate the data plan. It is also simpler than a typical SIM card. You can get it on the Holafly eSIM store.
The Holafly store has this product included in its inventory. The eSIM for Russia is such a great alternative to access the internet. It has the following characteristics:
- Easy instructions for the installation and activation process.
- High-speed networks connection, (4GB).
- Activated through a QR code, that you must use once you land in Russia.
- It works with the Beeline network, one of the most popular operators in the country.
- You can share data with other devices.
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
- 24-hour chat service and support.
Anyway, there is a disadvantage: not all cell phones are eSIM compatible, so you should check the list of supported cellphones. Also, with this card, you won’t be able to make calls or send texts to other people.
eSIM for Russia
How much does an eSIM card for Russia cost?
The virtual card for Russia has three plans available:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
The Holafly eSIM for Russia is a great option for the people in Latin America. You acquire it, wait until you land at your destination, activate the data plan, and… that’s it! Now you have an internet connection in Russia!
Which is the best SIM card for Russia?
There are so many options, but the best alternative is Holafly. With this company you will have: 24-hour chat service and support, you can share data, it uses one of the best networks of this destination, and more!
Frequent questions about the best SIM card for Russia
It depends on the plan you choose. With Holafly you have different prices, depending on the amount of data and the number of days you will stay in Russia.
The best option you have is to take a SIM card with you, (either physical or virtual). Also, some public places have public wifi.
The solutions will depend on the type of service your operator offer. With Holafly you have 24/7 chat service and support for your SIM or eSIM card. There’s also over-the-phone assistance available. You won’t have to worry!
The best-known Russian operators are Beeline, Mobile, MegaFone, and MTS. You will probably find one of these operators when you land.
Recommendations to choose the best SIM for Russia.
- If you are not using your phone, turn off the mobile data. This way you save data.
- Download apps or games before traveling, so you will avoid consuming your data plan.
- Before traveling to Russia, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Do not watch videos on streaming platforms (such as Netflix or Amazon Prime) with your data. This will only drain your data quickly.
- It is better if you get your card before traveling, so you will avoid buying it at the airport something that could be expensive.
Alright, we have reached the end of this article. Hopefully, this information will help you pick the best SIM card for Russia. There is no doubt, Holafly will give you an amazing experience!