Are you ready for Sonar Barcelona 2023? This year, it will take place from Thursday 15 to Saturday 17 June. Sonar by Day will be held at the Fira Montjuïc, while Sonar by Night will take place in Fira Gran Via L’Hospitalet.
Get your senses ready for the biggest, the most creative and technological music festival in Barcelona, where you will enjoy the different presentations of artists and DJs, while you prepare for the masterclass, and different debates about the world’s most important issues in art and technology.
We are going to tell you all you need to know and so much more, so pay attention.
International eSIM for travel
Buy an International data eSIM for Spain with a 5% OFF. Code: MYESIMNOW5
Where is Sonar Barcelona held?
Sonar Barcelona is held in Barcelona, but the locations will vary depending on whether it is Sonar by Day or Night. We are going to tell you the exact address of each part of the festival.
Sonar by Day
Sonar by Day takes place in Montjuïc, Barcelona. It is one of the most important fairgrounds in the world, and you can find the exact location by checking the following address in Google Maps: Barcelona International Fair, Av. de la Reina María Cristina, s/n 08004 Barcelona, Spain.
Sonar by Night
On the other hand, Sonar by Night is held in the same city, but in another venue: La Fira Via L’Hospitalet, located at Av. de Juan Carlos I, 08908. You can easily find it using Google Maps.
How much does it cost Sonar Barcelona 2023?
The price of the tickets for Sonar Barcelona varies depending on the type of access. You can get your tickets on the official Sonar Website.
|Sonar Festival||Access dates||Price|
|Sonar by Day and Night||June 15, 16, and 17||€195|
|Sonar by Day and Night VIP||June 15, 16, and 17||€340|
|Sonar by Night||June 16 or 17||€72|
|Sonar by Night VIP||June 16 or 17||€125|
|Sonar by Night (two nights entrance)||June 16 and 17||€140|
|Sonar by Night (two nights entrance) VIP||June 16 and 17||€210|
|Sonar by Day||June 15, 16, and 17||€150|
|Sonar by Day (Thursday)||June 15||€45|
|Sonar by Day (Friday or Saturday)||June 16 or 17||€60|
|Access to all the activities of the Sonar+D and the Day and Night shows||June 15, 16 and 17||€300|
We recommend you get your tickets beforehand, and as soon as you can.
Confirmed artists for Sonar Barcelona 2023
Here you can find all the confirmed artists depending on the day they are playing, so you can organize:
- Sonar by Day – June 15: 700 Bliss, B2bbs, Black Coffee, Bored Lord, Bradley Zero B2b Moxie, Charlotte Adigéry & Bolis Pupul, Erika de Casier, Forensic Architecture and Stefanos Levidis, Grievous Bodily Harmonics, Grove, Jana Winderen, Jokkoo Collective, Kitty110 / Lablackie / L’beel, and 12 more artists you can check out at the link.
- Sonar by Day – June 16: Ahadadream, Albany, Amor Satyr, Badsista B2b Cashu, Bendik Giske, The Blessed Madonna, CJ Carr, Crystal Murray, Daito Manabe Live, Dalila, Desert, Elijah presenting ‘Yellow Squares’, Eliza Rose, among 11 more presenters that you can discover on the Sonar page.
- Sonar by Day – June 17: Aines, Ana Quiroga & Estela Oliva presenting ‘Azabache Av’, Carles Viarnès & Alba G. Corral, Clara Aguilar, Héctor Oaks presenting ‘Fuego Universal’ Live, Horse Meat Disco X Prosumer, La Niña Jacarandá presenting ‘Sex-spiritual’, Laurent Garnier, Leïti. To see the remaining 14, go to the web links above.
- Sonar by Night – June 16: Âme B2b Marcel Dettmann (5h set), Aphex Twin, Aquarian, Baba Sy, Bicep Live, Cakes Da Killa, Cardopusher, Cc: disco!, DJ Ez, DJ Marky & Mc GQ, Fever Ray, Honey Dijon, Ikonika presenting ‘Bubble Up’ live, Isabella B2b Roza Terenzi, Jovendelaperla, Logic1000, Peggy Gou, Russell Haswell DJ set, Sherelle X Kode9, Shygirl, & Solomun.
- Sonar by Night – June 17: Alizzz DJ Set, Amelie Lens, Angel Molina, Anz, Bad Gyal, Call Super B2b Sedef Adasi, Carista, Chloé Caillet, DJ Holographic B2b DJ Minx, La Zowi presenting ‘La Reina del Sur’, Little Simz, Lowprofile, Dizzy: White Boy B2b 8kitoo, Mochakk, Nene H, Orslok, Parkineos, Richie Hawtin, Rusowsky DJ Set, Samantha Hudson presenting ‘Aove Black Label’, Tiga B2b Cora Novoa, Topanga Kiddo, Undo, & Wata Igarashi Live.
What surprises will Sonar 2023 have?
The Sonar Barcelona 2023 is going to bring with it plenty of surprises in art, science, and digital culture. This event will bring together numerous artists, musicians, designers, technologists, scientists, makers, hackers, and entrepreneurs, which will participate in talks, masterclasses, and technological shows designed to inspire the public.
You will have the Sonar+D 2023 program, at which there will be talks, classes, and more just as we told you before, which will be related to science and art, the climatic emergency, creativity development, AI, and the Web3 Paradigm.
The Sonar+D will open their doors on Thursday and Friday at 10 AM. If you want to be a part of it, you have to get the accreditation on their website. You will enjoy audiovisual shows on the scenarios Complex+D and Stage+D and in the Project Area, where you will find the finished works of creators, companies, and startups.
News from the Sonar Barcelona 2023 festival
The idea of Sonar is to create a safe and pleasant environment during the festival, in which all the attendees can enjoy the events that will be carried out and have a good time. For this, they have several amenities and easiness such as a unique and really practical payment method, and appropriate transport for all the routes in the city.
They also have safe spaces against any kind of attack, including the prevention of drug use, so that attendees can behave respectfully and responsibly. These spaces or points are called “purple points”, and in terms of protocols, you will have “No Callem” and “Energy Control”.
Pay and buy with SonarCashless
SonarCashless is the only payment method accepted at the festival, which works through a bracelet, which you can top-up with cash or a card. The preload process will be on June 3 from 10:00 am to June 16 at 11:00 am. If you do not pre-load the bracelet at the indicated time, you must do so at the SonarCashless spots at the festival.
The bracelet is free, and you will have the chance to get it at the festival’s Check-in point. Remember, the bracelet is personal and non-transferable, you must keep it in the best possible condition since broken, cut, or damaged bracelets will not be accepted.
It is important to note that topping the bracelet is only possible with multiples of €5. If the bracelet breaks or you lose it, go to the SonarCashless customer service desk to get a new one, but in case of loss, the remaining balance of the previous one cannot be recovered.
Transportation options during Sonar by Day and Sonar by Night
Some of the transportation options to get to Sonar by Day are, the Metro from the Station: Espanya, the train from the Station: Plaça Espanya, buses, and additionally, Bicycle and Parking in the Plaza de las Arenas Shopping Center.
For the Sonar by Night, you can reach the SonarBus, for which the price per journey is €2.5. In the same way, you have the option of the Metro from the Station: Fira, and the train from the Station: Europa-Fira. For more information on the transport lines, go to “how to get there” on the Sonar website.
If you are on vacation, get a Barcelona tourist card, which will give you access to multiple attractions, and include special transport prices.
Frequent questions about the Sonar Barcelona 2023
Sonar by day will take place on June 15, 16, and 17 from 3:00 pm to 12:00 am. While Sonar by Night will be on Friday, June 16 from 8:30 pm and Saturday, June 17 from 9:30 pm.
Yes, you will find different access spots in the Sonar by Day. The disadvantage is that since there will be countless people, the network can be a little bit unstable and slow. If you need the internet, we recommend you get the Holafly eSIM card for Spain with unlimited data.
At Sonar by Day, you can go in and out of the facilities. But, on the other hand, at Sonar by Night, if you leave you will not be able to enter again. (Except VIPs and accredited).
You will have different transportation options depending on where you are. We recommend you review the transportation itinerary from Sonar by Day to Sonar by Night.