If you are obsessed with flamenco rumba, then you must travel to Barcelona. Pack your bags, get the best eSIM and get ready to share your Spanish adventures.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about this new alternative called eSIM. You will learn about GB data, days of use, and prices. Where to buy it, how to activate it, and from when does the data plan starts counting. At the same time, you will read about its advantages and more!
If you are traveling from another part of the world, get ready to live wonderful adventures and different experiences. You definitely won’t regret it!
eSIM for Barcelona
Where can I buy an eSIM for Barcelona?
You can buy this eSIM from:
- Get it at home, through the Holafly online store. You will receive a QR code and have the mobile data in just a few seconds!
- Get it in physical stores when you land.
- You can also get a physical SIM card. You buy it online and you receive it in your hotel in Barcelona! Isn’t that great?!
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM is a little device that does not need any physical material to function. It means that you don’t need a card to have mobile data. That is a good option and a great alternative because of how fast it is, and other advantages like having the data plan ready before leaving, avoiding coming in contact with strangers (so you don’t catch covid-19), and helping the environment!
Advantages of an eSIM for Barcelona.
The Holafly eSIM has the following advantages:
- You can buy this eSIM from anywhere in the world, through the Holafly online store.
- Keep your WhatsApp in your language.
- You have 24/7 service and support available, if you have any inconvenience you can ask for help over the phone or chat.
- You receive it immediately, once you buy it you receive the QR code for its installation on your email.
- Large coverage. The eSIM for Barcelona also works in other European countries!
- Great operators, the Holafly eSIM connects to the Movistar network, one of the best networks in Spain.
- You keep your local SIM card, in case you need it you can use it because your phone will become a dual SIM when you activate the eSIM.
- Share data: don’t worry if you are not traveling alone, you can share data with your partners!
- Check if your device is eSIM compatible: here is a list of compatible cell phones.
For those who live in Latin America, the eSIM is their best option because the Holafly SIM card can only be sent inside some European countries such as Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Luxembourg.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Barcelona?
Here you have a simple guide to activate the Holafly eSIM.
- You make the purchase on the Holafly virtual store.
- You receive the QR code on your email, you scan it with the cell phone that you are going to use during your trip, (you should have the QR code on another screen or printed).
- Install the data plan some hours before you travel, this is the moment in which you can add a new data plan for the eSIM you are going to travel with. Give it a different name, so you can differentiate your eSIM from your SIM card.
- Activate the data roaming when you land.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet in Europe!
To install the eSIM you must have an internet connection or be in a Wifi zone. It is recommended to do this a couple of hours before your trip, and activate it once you land at your destination.
How much does an Holafly eSIM card for Barcelona cost?
The virtual card for Barcelona has two possible plans:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
Physical SIM card for Barcelona.
Another option you have is the physical chip for Barcelona, which has coverage in other 47 European destinations. You can find it in the online store, and buy it from the comfort of your home or office. You make the purchase and you receive it in your hotel when you arrive in Spain.
- You can receive calls because the chip for Barcelona includes a number with which the incoming calls are free.
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
- 24-hour support available via chat, email, or by phone.
- It’s easy to use, you only need to put the SIM card in your phone, activate the data roaming and that’s it!
- Free shipping! Recieve it in 48 hours. There is also express shipping in case you can’t wait for your card to arrive.
- You can enjoy your mobile data in Spain and other 47 destinations, just like with the chip for Europe.
If your smartphone is not compatible with an eSIM, then the physical SIM card is perfect for you.
How much does the physical chip cost?
If you want to buy the Holafly physical chip, you have two different plans with different GB:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€)|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical chip for Barcelona.
- Multiple SIM: many smartphones are dual SIM. With the Holafly eSIM for Spain, you will have multiple profiles of different operators, and the only thing you will have to do to activate them is to change them in the configuration settings.
- Easy purchasing: you buy it on the online store and you have access to the internet in just a few seconds!
- You won’t have to take out your old SIM card: an eSIM is a virtual card, for that reason you won’t need to take out your physical chip and you will avoid losing it.
- It does not produce pollution: since being a virtual device, it does not use plastic, and that makes it an ecological product.
Orange eSIM card in Barcelona.
- To get an Orange eSIM, the user must belong to their MultiSIM service, which means to have a device approved on the Orange network.
- To activate it, you must have a SIM card and then ask for a change to an eSIM. You can do it in a store, in customer service, or through the Orange App.
- After that, you recieve the PIN, PUK, and QR code on your email.
- Only some cell phones are compatible with this eSIM.
If you arrive in Spain at night you are will notice that all the stores are closed. On the other hand, if you travel to France or Germany your problem to get the instructions is going to be the language.
Movistar SIM in Barcelona.
Their virtual SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- The eSIM works in just one device.
- To get it you have to go to a physical store or ask for it by calling customer service.
- It is only compatible with some cell phones.
- To activate it, Movistar sends you an activation card with the PIN, PUK, and QR code.
The disadvantage of buying it when you land is that you will have to walk around looking for stores in a country that you barely know.
Which is the best eSIM for Barcelona?
The Holafly eSIM for Barcelona is the best option. You can buy it from home and from anywhere in the world. It has 24/7 chat and over-the-phone support available, which helps you make sure that you can have all the information before you travel to Spain. Its installation and activation process is very simple. In case your cell phone is not eSIM compatible, you can get the Holafly physical SIM card for Barcelona in the virtual store, and you receive it in your hotel in Spain.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Barcelona
The installation of the eSIM has to be done before traveling, (you will have to be connected to the internet or Wifi). If you want, you can have your QR code saved on another device or printed, so you can scan it with your cell phone wherever you need it.
If you have an Apple cell phone you can use your physical card and eSIM at the same time. You choose the SIM to make calls and send text, and the eSIM to use the mobile data. You should know that your national operator will charge you for the international roaming.
You can enter the Holafly online store, pick the option that best suits your needs. You finish the purchase and enter the code: BNOMAD to get a 5% discount!
You start using your data once you activate the data roaming. It means that you choose the activation date. But careful! You should know the difference between installation and activation.
The installation is when you scan the QR code and configure it on your phone, (before traveling).
On the other hand, the activation is when you turn on the data roaming, (when you land at your destination).
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Barcelona.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to other telephone networks.
- Remember that getting your card at the airport is expensive. With the Holafly eSIM, you can have the internet problem already solved before leaving your country.
- Check if your phone is compatible with the eSIM you choose.
- To save data, download the translation apps and maps before leaving.
- Before traveling to Barcelona check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
And, olé! Let’s go to Spain dancing to the rhythm of the flamenco rumba. You probably are going to meet Bisbal, Melendi, Manuel Carrasco, Melody, or the Arrebato. So, to take that selfie and post it on your social media, you will need the best Holafly eSIM to travel to Barcelona. What are you waiting for? Europe is anxious to meet you!
Other destinations to travel with an eSIM or SIM card.
Once you get to Europe, you might want to travel to other European destinations, so this might be of your interest:
- Best eSIM for Italy: Which one should I pick?
- eSIM for Germany: Which one should I pick?
- Best eSIM for France: Which one should I pick?
- Best SIM card to travel to Europe.