Sudan is a jewel. At this destination, you will find temples, pyramids, lost cities, and the ruins of a dynasty that disappeared a long time ago. Did you know that you can see the Nile waterfalls here? But, before you leave for your adventure, we recommend you get a SIM card for Sudan, so you can be connected all the time.
It is very important to have the internet during your trip because since you will be in a new destination, you will need to look for directions and translate some things, The best option to be connected all the time is getting a prepaid SIM card for Sudan.
In this article, we are going to help you find the SIM card that best suits your needs. If your cellphone is compatible with the eSIM technology, we recommend you get the Holafly virtual SIM card, so you can have the internet with this new alternative to connect.
eSIM for Sudan
Buy a data eSIM for Sudan with 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
Why should I buy a SIM card for Sudan?
Because with a SIM card for Sudan, you will be able to be connected all the time and avoid the expensive international roaming service. With a SIM card, you are going to enjoy a great speed of connection in the main cities and zones of the country.
Which SIM card offers the best data plan?
The most important thing you have to consider when you are going to pick a SIM card is to get the service that best suits your needs and the number of days you will stay at your destination. It is also important that the SIM card lets you keep your WhatsApp number, and that it is also easy to use. Remember to check other things like coverage, connection and the fine print.
The Holafly eSIM card for Sudan offers 6 GB in 15 days.
Where to buy a prepaid SIM card for Sudan?
You can buy a prepaid SIM card for Sudan from the comfort of your house, especially through online stores like Holafly. It is the most recommended option because this way you will be able to connect to the internet right when you land.
Holafly eSIM card for Sudan
The virtual SIM card for Sudan of Holafly offers 6 GB. With it, you will be able to connect to the best national network.
Advantages of the Holafly eSIM card
- Easy purchasing, installation, and usage.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- Free and instant shipping.
- 24-hour customer service and support in your language.
- You can share your cellular data with other devices.
- You can manage your data with the Holafly phone app.
Disadvantages of the Holafly eSIM card
- It does not include a number for local calls, but you can use phone apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
How much mobile data do I need?
To travel to Sudan you are going to need approximately 4 GB for 15 days travel. But it is important to know that some phone apps use more cellular data than others, like the ones that play videos or music.
If you use only Google apps, like GPS, or regular online search on the internet, you may consume 1.5 GB per week.
Buy your SIM card in Sudan
If you couldn’t get your SIM card from home, you can do it when you arrive at your destination. This option is not very recommended because you won’t have the internet until you find a store, and you might have some problems with the language too because not many people here speak English.
At the Sudan Airport, you will only find Tourist SIM cards which are very expensive because the price per GB is three times higher than the normal price.
It is one of the main companies in Sudan. It has coverage with the 4G network, and it offers data plans that go from 20 MB to 25 GB.
Advantages of Sudani
- You will find the points of sale close to the luggage band.
Disadvantages of Sudani
- You will not be the only one buying a SIM, so you will have to queue.
- You will pay for the SIM card and then an additional cost for cellular data.
- The tourist plan will be activated automatically, but only with top-ups of at least 15 euros.
- You will have 10 GB, which will be distributed during the day (6 GB) and at night (4 GB).
It offers a data plan for tourists with 500 MB of cellular data for 30 days. It also includes 40 SMS and 60 minutes for local calls.
Advantages of MTN Sudan
- You can buy the card at the airport arrival hall counter.
- Your package for tourists is valid for 30 days.
Disadvantages of MTN Sudan
- The package for tourists does not offer additional data.
- If your balance runs out, it will be necessary to find a top-up spot.
How much does a SIM card for Sudan cost?
Take a look at the comparison table below, to make the best decision.
|Virtual SIM card||Cellular data price||Shipping price||Data||Total price|
|MTN Sudan||$0||$4.35||No shipping||3GB||$4.35|
Holafly is one of the best options, it offers the best virtual SIM card for Sudan with great speed and cellular data.
Best SIM card for Sudan: which one should I buy?
There is no doubt that the best option is the Holafly eSIM card for Sudan, which offers a great data plan, with great coverage and speed of the connection.
It also has the following additional benefits:
- Easy to buy, set up, and activate.
- You can keep your WhatsApp number.
- Technical support in your language 24/7.
- Free and instant shipping.
- Share your cellular data with other devices.
- Connect to the internet right when you land.
- Manage your data from the Holafly phone app.
Frequent questions about the internet and the SIM cards for Sudan
There are many ways. You can buy a virtual SIM card from Holafly before traveling, or you can use the international roaming service from your operator.
To pick the SIM card for your trip, think about the amount of data and the number of days you need. It is also important it has great coverage and customer service.
The easiest way is to buy getting a virtual SIM card from online stores like Holafly.
You will find different prices that vary depending on coverage, cellular data, and more. For example, the Holafly eSIM cards for Sudan offer 6 GB of cellular data for 15 days at $44.