Are you going to explore a land full of nature? To visit this wonderful place where Vikings once stood, you will need a SIM card to be connected all the time and share pictures with your friends and family!
Thus this article will tell you everything you need to know about the best chip SIM card for Iceland. Read more about prices, features, plans, where to get it, and more information for you to make the best decision!
Where to buy a SIM card for Iceland?
If you are planning a trip to Iceland and you want to get a SIM card you have three different options to buy it:
- Get it on international online stores that offer international prepaid cards, like the Spanish company Holafly.
- Look for physical points of sale when you arrive at the airport.
- Or, you can buy a virtual SIM card, (also known as eSIM), a new and simple alternative.
Holafly Unlimited data SIM card for Iceland.
If you are in a European country such as Germany, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Switzerland, or France, Holafly will deliver your physical SIM card to your house or office for free before you travel to Iceland. This card also has great advantages:
- 4G connection.
- This SIM card also works in other 47 European destinations!
- You only have to put the chip in your cell phone, activate the data roaming and that’s it! Now you can access the internet.
- Easy installation instructions.
- It includes a number from the United Kingdom, so you can receive calls.
- You keep your WhatsApp number in your language, so you can still use this app.
- 24-hour chat service and support, theres also over the phone service available.
How much does the physical chip cost?
The Holafly SIM card for Iceland (and other 47 countries) has two plans available:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€ and USD)|
|5||Unlimited data||€29 / $29,23|
|10||Unlimited data||€39 / $39,31|
|15||Unlimited data||€49 / $49,40|
|20||Unlimited data||€59 / $59,48|
|30||Unlimited data||€87 / $87,70|
|60||Unlimited data||€169 / $170,36|
|90||Unlimited data||€239 / $240,93|
Síminn SIM card for Iceland.
When you get to Iceland you can find a physical Síminn operator store. These SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- You can top up the data plan, depending on the one you choose.
- You can make calls and text others winthin this country.
- Different browsing GB for social media and other apps.
- There is no minimum clause for prepaid cards.
In case you have any problems, Holafly offers 24-hour chat or over-the-phone support, for you to solve any issue.
Vodafone SIM card for Iceland.
When you arrive at the airport in Iceland you can also find a physical Vodafone operator store, the most used operator in this country. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Connects to 4G and 5G networks.
- You can top up some data plans.
- Special data plans for social media or musical apps.
The Holafly SIM card for Iceland also works in other 47 European countries!
Holafly Unlimited data eSIM for Iceland: a new alternative.
The eSIM is a new product on the market. This card is even smaller than a nano-sim, imagine that! It’s a little device that is implanted in the cell phone’s hardware, it can host many different operator lines and it uses a QR code to activate the data plan. You can get it on the Holafly eSIM store.
The Holafly store offers this innovative product. The eSIM for Iceland has the following characteristics:
- Before buying, check the list of compatible cell phones.
- Easy purchasing process, you complete the purchase, and in just minutes you receive a QR code to install the eSIM.
- You have to activate the data plan some time before arriving at the airport.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language!
- 24-hour chat service and support, in case you have any problem.
However there is a disadvantage: with this card, you won’t be able to make calls or send texts to other numbers, since it does not include a local number.
Unlimited data eSIM for Iceland
Buy an Unlimited data eSIM for Iceland with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
How much does an Holafly eSIM card for Iceland cost?
The virtual card for Iceland has two plans available:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
The Holafly eSIM for Iceland is a great option for the people in Latin America who want to visit this wonderful European destination.
Which is the best SIM card for Iceland?
Without a doubt, your best option is Holafly. With Holafly, you’ll have 24-hour chat service and support, Unlimited data and easy installation and activation. You keep your WhatsApp number. You won’t regret getting this chip!
Frequent questions about the best SIM card for Iceland
You can connect to Vodafone or Síminn networks. With Holafly you can connect to Nova Iceland, a reliable and high-speed network.
You can acquire it when you arrive at the airport in physical stores, or through online stores, like Holafly.
Because with this card you will avoid connecting to Wifi networks and paying for international roaming. You will have access to the internet all the time.
With Holafly you have 24/7 chat service and support for your SIM or eSIM card. They also offer over-the-phone support. You won’t have to worry!
Recommendations to choose the best SIM card for Iceland.
- Download apps or games before traveling, so you will avoid consuming your data plan quickly.
- Make sure your phone has unlocked bands, so you can connect to Icelandic networks.
- It is better if you get your card before traveling, so you will avoid buying it at the airport which that could be expensive.
- Before traveling to Iceland, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Try to buy your card before traveling, because it could be hard to communicate with icelanders if you don’t know the language.
Hopefully, all this information will help you pick the SIM card for Iceland that best suits your needs. There is no doubt, Holafly will give you all you need to enjoy your trip to this amazing country!