How to activate an eSIM on a Huawei Watch
There are two versions of this Huawei smartwatch. The first one with nanoSIM, and the second one with eSIM. In this guide, we will show you how to activate an eSIM on your Huawei Watch 2.
Although manufacturers seek these devices’ independence, smartwatches have short battery life due to their small size. Also, having an eSIM activated requires high power consumption to enjoy most functions.
If you are one of those who manage an ecosystem on your mobile devices or are a loyal follower of Huawei, do not forget to visit how to activate an eSIM on a Huawei P40.
Activating an eSIM on Huawei Watch via QR code
The method of activating an eSIM on a Huawei Watch is different from the one used to set up an eSIM on Apple Watch. Huawei, together with Google via Android, has its applications to perform this procedure.
It would help if you had the Wear OS and Huawei Wear apps installed on your smartphone to perform the setup.
Time needed: 12 minutes.
Below we will show you how to activate an eSIM on a Huawei Watch 2 using a QR code.
- Connect the phone to the watch via Wear OS
You must turn on Bluetooth on your mobile, and in the Wear OS app, go to Configure. Turn on your Huawei Watch 2 and follow the steps until the name of the watch and a similar code appears on both the smartwatch and the phone; now press Pair for pairing.
- In the Huawei Wear app
Go to Device management > eSIM service > Activate
- Scan the QR code
The camera on your cell phone will be turned on for you to scan the code provided by the operator.
- Download and installation
The download will be performed automatically, and the eSIM will be activated.
- It is only possible to pair your smartwatch with one phone at a time. If you want to add a new phone, you need to delete the first one.
- If your watch prompts you to download Android Wear, it is the former name of the Wear OS app.
- While it is possible to connect the Huawei Watch 2 with a compatible Apple device, the features will be reduced for marketing purposes.
- Wear OS is compatible with Android devices from version 6.0 and iOS 10.0 or higher (from iPhone 5).
Frequently asked questions about eSIM on the Huawei Watch
The Huawei Watch GT, GT 2, and GT 2e do not have eSIM support.
No. Most Huawei Watch smartwatches do not have eSIM support and work only via Bluetooth.
No. They are required to be compatible in order to pair them. You can use the Google Wear Check tool to check that your phone is compatible.