Riga is a city full of vibrant culture and modern architectural jewels. That is why many people are usually attracted to the capital of Latvia. So if your next travel destination is this great Baltic city, you should take the best eSIM for Riga that will allow you to stay connected to the internet and share your travels!
So throughout this article, we’ll explain everything you need to know to choose the best eSIM for your trip. We’ll also tell you where you can buy one and the features and benefits, among others. On the other hand, if you want another alternative, a prepaid SIM card could also be a good option.
Unlimited data eSIM for Riga city
Where can I buy an eSIM for Riga?
eSIM cards have become more and more famous. That’s why it is very easy to acquire one of these today. And there are different ways to buy them, each with its advantages.
First, international online stores are an excellent option since you can purchase an eSIM in minutes and from the comfort of your home or work. Moreover, this option is very beneficial since you will arrive in Riga and be able to connect to the Internet at once. An excellent example of an online store is Holafly.
On the other hand, in case you are already in Riga, or you feel more comfortable shopping in physical stores, you can find local operator stores once you arrive in Riga. You will find them at the airport, in shopping malls, or in their official physical stores.
Finally, an alternative you can buy in case your cell phone is incompatible with eSIM is the prepaid SIM card, which you can also buy in online stores or physical stores in Riga.
What is an eSIM?
Understanding what is an eSIM is very simple, as they work very similar to a SIM card, with the significant difference being that eSIMs work digitally. That is why they have become very important in recent years, as they are very easy to acquire and activate. We will be telling you more about eSIM features later on.
Advantages of an eSIM for Riga.
To learn more about the eSIM card that you can use during your trip to Riga, we will be telling you about the main features and benefits of this service, which are as follows:
- You will have a high-speed internet connection in Latvia.
- You’ll be able to connect to the best network in the country.
- If you purchase the Holafly eSIM card, you will have excellent customer service available 24 hours a day if you encounter any problems with your eSIM.
- The eSIM is very easy to acquire, and you can activate it in a matter of minutes.
- Enjoy unlimited data plans for your trip to Latvia.
- The eSIM is digital, so your original SIM will work as usual if needed.
- When using an eSIM, people won’t need to change their WhatsApp number for it to work.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Riga?
Remember that to use an eSIM card, you must activate it on your cell phone. However, don’t worry, it is very easy to do the whole process. You will have to follow the following steps:
- First, you must go to Holafly’s official website and choose the destination you will travel to. In this case, Latvia. Once you find your destination, you must choose the plan that best suits your trip.
- After choosing your plan, you will go through the payment process.
- At the end of the purchase, you will receive a QR code, which you will have to scan on your cellphone phone to complete the installation of the eSIM card.
- If possible, you should rename the eSIM card on your phone to differentiate it from your regular SIM card.
- When you arrive in Riga city, you will need to activate data roaming so that it can work, and you can connect to the internet.
Remember that if you experience any problems with the eSIM card, Holafly will be available for you 24 hours a day.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for Riga cost?
The Holafly eSIM card for Latvia that will allow you to have an internet connection in Riga has the following plans available, where you can see their prices and features:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||€19 / $19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||€34 / $34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||€47 / $47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||€57 / $54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||€69 / $64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||€87 / $84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||€99 / $99|
No matter how many days you travel, with all Holafly’s eSIM plans for Riga, you can enjoy unlimited data for your trip. So you can have great convenience during your entire trip, as you won’t have to worry about recharging your eSIM in case you run out of mobile data.
SIM card for Riga.
If you need an alternative to staying connected during your trip to Riga, but your cellphone is incompatible with eSIMs, you don’t have to worry. The prepaid international SIM card is an excellent alternative to keep you connected to the internet.
With Holafly, you can also purchase this service for your trip to Riga. That is why we would like to tell you about its main features and advantages:
- SIM cards are more affordable than other services for getting an internet connection.
- You won’t have to change your phone numbers to use this SIM card.
- If you acquire the Holafly SIM cards, you’ll have with them a 24/7 customer support service.
- On most occasions, you will be able to share data with other devices.
- Holafly SIM cards offer people the chance to use a 2G connection when they run out of the included cellular data.
- You can choose between free and express delivery to receive your SIM card.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
Holafly has a prepaid SIM card for Europe that will allow you to stay connected to the internet during your trip to Riga. This SIM card has the following plans:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|30 days||8 GB||€34 / $37|
|30 days||12 GB||€44 / $47|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs. the physical SIM card for Riga
We have discussed eSIMs and SIM cards, with the benefits of each. However, it is clear that the eSIM card has some advantages over the other alternative, and we will discuss them below:
- eSIMs do not require physical space on a smartphone because, as previously said, they are entirely digital, so you won’t need to insert any chip into the phone.
- As eSIMs don’t need a physical card, they do not pollute, so they won’t damage the natural environment.
- With Holafly’s eSIM you can choose between different plans, all of which offer unlimited data.
- You will be able to use your eISM card and SIM card simultaneously. However, we recommend that you keep the roaming of your SIM card turned off.
Bite Mobile eSIM card for Riga.
When you arrive in Riga, you will find physical stores of the different local operators in the country. One of these is Bite. Currently, they do not have eSIM cards available for any customers. However, you can purchase one of their prepaid SIM cards, which have the following features:
- They have excellent coverage across the country.
- People can choose from a variety of data plans.
- You do not have to sign a contract to purchase a prepaid SIM card.
- Their stores are not located at Riga airport. However, there are physical Bite stores in the city.
LMT eSIM cards for Riga.
On the other hand, a local operator that does offer prepaid eSIM cards for tourists is LMT, which is the largest cellular operator in Latvia. Their services have the following features:
- There is no paperwork to fill in for making your purchase.
- LMT has the best (4G/LTE) coverage in Latvia.
- Physical LMT prepaid SIM cards can be converted into an eSIM without costs at any LMT service center or station.
- You can get an LMT eSIM card in LMT stores from resellers, like grocery stores, gas stations & convenience stores. They are also sold at Riga International Airport.
Which is the best eSIM for Riga?
Our main goal with this article is that you can choose the option that will allow you to have the best internet connection during your trip to Riga. That is why it is necessary to determine which is the best eSIM for your trip.
That is why after evaluating the different features of an eSIM, we can say that undoubtedly, the best eSIM for Riga is the one from Holafly. Since you will have 24-hour customer service, you will be able to connect to the best internet networks in Latvia and have unlimited data during all your trip.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Riga
The Latvia eSIM only allows you to use cellular data. It does not include a local phone number for outgoing voice calls or messages. You can still make calls using apps like WhatsApp.
Yes. To ensure that your eSIM gets the best coverage, you must turn on data roaming on your cellular settings. This will not incur additional charges as long as you have already set up the Holafly eSIM.
The Latvia eSIM uses SIA Bite Mobile, one of the best eSIM providers in the country.
Currently, only the following devices are compatible with the Holafly eSIM: Apple iPhone SE (2020), XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro and Pro 11 Pro Max,12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 Mini, Samsung S20, Galaxy Z Flip, Note 20 Ultra, Fold LTE, Huawei P40, P40 Pro, Google Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a and Motorola Razr 2019. Some iPad models are also compatible (iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 inches 3rd generation, iPad Air 3rd generation, iPad 7th generation, and iPad Mini 5th generation), and the Apple Watch Series 4.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Riga.
We have come to the end of this article related to eSIMs. However, lastly, we would like to leave you with some recommendations about eSIMs:
- It is better to purchase your eSIM card before starting your trip. This way, you will have an internet connection as soon as you land in Riga.
- Before starting your trip, we recommend you download everything you need from home. This way, you will be able to save cellular data during your trip.
- Suppose it turns out that your cell phone does not support eSIMs. Another alternative that will also allow you to connect to the internet is a prepaid SIM card, which you can purchase from Holafly.
We hope your trip to Riga will be an excellent experience for you and that you enjoy every moment with the best eSIM card for Riga.