Medellín, a city that has so many attractions, visit the Museum of Antioquia, or the Arvi Park, and many other places that you won’t have time to stop! Medellín is one of the most desired destinations to visit in Latin America. However, you should have an eSIM to share your experiences with the world!
This is the reason why we will tell you everything about the eSIM to travel to Medellín, along with characteristics, advantages, prices, plans, how to buy it and install it, and so much more. If this caught your attention, keep reading!
Where can I buy an eSIM to travel to Medellín?
You have three options to get an eSIM:
- Get it through online prepaid card stores, like the Spanish company Holafly, which sells this type of card for most destinations worldwide.
- Buy it at the physical points of sale from local operators at the airport.
- You can acquire a physical SIM card if your cell phone is incompatible with an eSIM card.
eSIM for Medellin
Buy an eSIM for Medellin with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
What is an eSIM?
The virtual eSIM will eventually replace the physical cards that we all currently use. This device is inside your smartphone, it can use many operator lines and uses QR codes to activate a data plan. You can get it on the Holafly eSIM store for an outstanding price!
Advantages of the Holafly eSIM for Medellín. See below for the benefits this eSIM offers!
- There is no minimum clause, and buying it on the Holafly virtual store is straightforward.
- 24-hour chat support, and there’s also over-the-phone assistance.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language, so you can still send messages without a hassle!
- Sharing data with other devices is not a problem if you are not traveling alone.
- Check if your cell phone is eSIM compatible: list of compatible cell phones.
- This virtual SIM card connects to 3G and 4G networks so that you can enjoy a stable and fast connection.
The eSIM is the best option for those who live outside Europe. You will not have to wait for any delivery because the eSIM is entirely virtual, and when you buy it, you will receive it in your email in a matter of minutes. Buy it without leaving your home!
How do I activate it?
Here you have a simple guide:
- First, enter the Holafly store, pick your destination (in this case, Colombia), and complete the purchase of your eSIM.
- After you do this, you will receive a QR code on your email to install the eSIM.
- Scan the QR code (you must be connected to the internet for it to work correctly) to install the eSIM in your cell phone. NOTE: the cellphone with which you scan the QR code must be the one you will use on your trip.
- Rename your eSIM, so you can differentiate it from the physical SIM card.
- Once you land in Medellín, activate the data roaming from your phone’s settings, Android or IOS.
- And that’s it! You will have an internet connection at this destination!
How much does the eSIM for Medellin cost?
Nowadays, the eSIM card has just one plan available for Medellín. Please see below for full details:
|Days of use||Cellular data||Price (USD)|
Prepaid SIM card for Medellin
An alternative that will also allow you to connect to the Internet is a physical SIM card. Also, if you are in a country like Spain, Italy, Germany, France, or Luxembourg, Holafly will deliver your prepaid SIM card to your home for free before you travel to Medellín. The physical SIM card has the following characteristics:
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
- 24-hour chat support.
- This SIM card connects to the Claro or Movistar operator networks, depending on the network stability.
- To activate the data plan the instructions you must follow are simple and easy.
- This SIM card also works in countries like Chile, Peru, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Costa Rica. A great advantage in case you want to travel to another country after your stay in Medellín.
If your smartphone is not eSIM compatible, we recommend this option.
How much does the chip SIM card for Medellín cost?
The Holafly SIM card has two different prices:
|Days of use||Cellular data||Price (€ and USD)|
|30 days||8GB||€34 / $40|
|30 days||12GB||€47 / $54|
Advantages of the eSIM vs the prepaid SIM card for Medellín.
- There is no need for a physical installation: the eSIM is a device that’s implanted on cell phones, so you won’t have to put or take out this device physically.
- Easy purchasing: getting a Holafly sim card is a simple process, and you’ll be able to do it from anywhere in the world!
- Stable network: usually, the connection of the eSIM is very stable and efficient.
- More numbers: a virtual SIM is capable of managing more than one phone line at the same time, something that is not possible with the traditional SIM cards.
An eSIM lets you use the physical SIM card at the same time. With Holafly, you can use both without any kind of restriction!
Digital Claro SIM card for Medellin.
Once you land in Medellín, you can look for a Claro store at the airport. This operator has eSIM available with the following characteristics:
- To get this eSIM, you must have a smartwatch.
- It does not offer the eSIM for cell phones or any other type of device.
- This virtual SIM card has a local number to make and receive calls.
- This type of card uses the Claro Sync technology.
In case you have any problem with your eSIM, with Holafly, you have 24-hour chat support either for your eSIM or your physical SIM card.
Movistar eSIM card for Medellin
When you arrive at the airport, you will probably find a physical Movistar operator store. Their SIM card has the following characteristics:
- Their eSIM can only be used on cellphones.
- To get this virtual SIM card you must be a customer of this company.
- There is a minimum clause to buy this product.
- You acquire it through their official website.
Which is the best eSIM for Medellin?
Holafly offers the best eSIM for Medellín! This is because of the following reasons: 24-hour chat support, you can share data with other devices, the purchasing is easy and quick. In case your phone is not eSIM compatible, Holafly offers a physical SIM card.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Medellín.
There are three options: buying on online stores like Holafly or getting it in a physical store at the airport. Or, if your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, you can get a physical SIM card for this destination, like the one Holafly offers.
The installation is done through a QR code, and it has to be done before traveling. The data plan must be configured before you arrive in Medellín.
Yes. Like the physical SIM card, they have an expiration date. In the case of the eSIM, they are valid for 15 days.
Yes, you can use both: the virtual and the physical SIM card at the same time. But you have to know that your operator will charge you for international roaming.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Medellin
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to Colombian cellular networks.
- Buy your eSIM before you travel. Getting it at the airport will be expensive.
- If your phone is not eSIM compatible, you can use a physical SIM card instead.
- Download apps or games before traveling. Don’t waste your cellular data with this. It will only cause your plan to end quicker.
- Before traveling to Medellín, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
Alright, we have reached the end of this article. There is no doubt: the best option is Holafly! With Holafly you will enjoy your trip from the very beginning.