Traveling to Chile is an exciting adventure, and you’ll need the best SIM card to be connected all the time. With so many options on the market, you’re bound to be overwhelmed.
That’s why this article will tell you everything you need to know about the best SIM card for Chile. You will read about features, advantages, where to buy it, and more information to make the best choice!
Where can I buy a SIM card for Chile?
There are three different options to get your Chile SIM card:
- Buy it at international online stores that offer international prepaid cards.
- Look for points of sale once you arrive at the airport.
- Or, you can buy a virtual SIM card from online stores such as Holafly (also known as eSIM), the new trend for travelers.
International SIM card for Chile.
It is now common to find online stores that offer SIM cards for tourist services. These remote providers have international shipping so that you can have the chip before you arrive at your destination. Even though they are international, these SIM cards use local networks. Look for one that has the support of the best operators in Chile.
You have to remember that an international SIM card does typically not let you share data with other devices. Also, you have to activate it when you arrive at your destination, not before.
How much does the physical SIM card cost?
As you can imagine, there are many suppliers on the web, so prices are varied. Always consider features such as speed, amount of data, and support once you arrive in Chile. There is a price range between 10$ and 50$ for an international SIM card for Chile. This price varies between providers and by the amount of data they offer.
Also, finding options with unlimited data is tricky, so if you have an eSIM-compatible phone, we recommend you use the alternatives that Holafly has.
Claro SIM card for Chile.
When you get to Chile, you will find a Claro operator store, one of the most popular operators in this country. The SIM cards of this company have the following characteristics:
- 4G LTE network connection.
- You can top-up the data plan.
- You can make calls and text inside the country.
- Different browsing GB for social media and other apps.
Entel SIM card for Chile.
When you arrive at the airport in Santiago de Chile, you will find an Entel operator store, a well-known operator. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- You can top-up the data plan.
- Service and support via chat or email.
- Some plans have unlimited social media for 30 days.
- 4G LTE coverage.
Which is the best SIM card for Chile?
One of the best options you can use is the virtual SIM cards from Holafly that we will present below. If you do not have a phone compatible with this technology, you can consider the local options of Entel or Claro. You can also buy from a remote provider, choosing one with good coverage and service once you arrive in Chile.
Holafly eSIM for Chile: a great alternative.
Don’t know what an eSIM is? An eSIM is a device implanted on the cell phone’s hardware and does not need physical installation. It can host many different operator lines, and to activate the data plan, it uses a QR code. You can get it on the Holafly eSIM store.
The Holafly store has this product included in its inventory. The eSIM for Chile is such a great alternative, and it has the following characteristics:
- Check if your phone is compatible before you buy.
- Once you buy the virtual SIM card for Chile, you will receive the QR activation code immediately.
- 3G and 4G network connection.
- This eSIM connects to Movistar Chile and Entel, two of the best networks in the country.
- You can use both your SIM card and the eSIM simultaneously.
- You keep your WhatsApp number.
- Unlimited data on all available plans. Ideal to be constantly connected.
- You have access to purchase top-ups to extend your service whenever necessary. It will activate immediately on your phone without setting up a new eSIM.
- 24-hour chat service and support in case you have any problems.
With an eSIM it is the fastest and safest way to have internet abroad.
How much does an Holafly eSIM card for Chile cost?
Currently, the virtual SIM card for Chile has five plans available:
|Days of use
The Holafly eSIM for Chile is an excellent option for people in Latin America.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Chile
It is an excellent alternative to be connected all the time. By buying a SIM card or eSIM, you will avoid paying for international roaming, and you will save time since you won’t have to look for Wifi networks. Holafly eSIM for Chile with unlimited data is the option that best suits your needs!
Depending on the type of service your operator offers, your problem can be solved. It is best to contact the customer service department available to you.
The leading operators are Movistar, Claro, and Entel. With Holafly, you can connect to the Movistar and Entel networks.
There are parks and public places that offer public Wifi. But the best option you have is to take a SIM card with you (either physical or virtual).
Recommendations to choose the best SIM for Chile.
- Download apps or games before traveling, so you will avoid consuming your data plan.
- Do not play online or watch videos on streaming platforms with your data. This will only make your data die quickly.
- Make sure your phone has unlocked bands so that it can connect to other networks.
- Before traveling to Chile, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Try not to buy your SIM card at the airport since it is more expensive.
Alright, we have reached the end of this article. Hopefully, this information will help you pick the best SIM card for Chile. There is no doubt, Holafly will give you a fantastic experience. You won’t regret it!