The eSIM card for Santo Domingo lets you connect to the internet without using the expensive roaming service. With this digital card, you will use your cell phone as if at home.
Santo Domingo is one of the most sought destinations in Latin America. Every year, this country is visited by many Europeans and Americans. The local tourist offices say Spanish, French, Americans, and Germans are the primary visitors to Santo Domingo.
Where can I buy an eSIM for Santo Domingo?
If you are traveling to Santo Domingo, you have three different options for buying your eSIM:
- Get it through online stores, like the Spanish company Holafly.
- Look for Santo Domingo physical stores when you land and ensure they have virtual SIM cards available.
- If your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, you can get a physical SIM card for your stay in Santo Domingo.
eSIM for Santo Domingo
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM is a device that will eventually replace physical cards (nano-SIM). It is a little device that is implanted in high-end smartphones, that can host many different operators’ telephone lines, and uses a QR code to activate the data plan. You can get it on the Holafly eSIM store easily!
Advantages of an eSIM for Santo Domingo.
The Holafly eSIM for Santo Domingo has the following advantages:
- Easy installation and activation, its instructions are very simple.
- You can access 24-hour chat support.
- You can share data with other devices.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Santo Domingo?
This is a simple guide that will help you activate your eSIM.
- First, you must go to the Holafly store, pick your destination (the Dominican Republic in this case), and finish the purchase.
- You will receive the QR code email. You will install the data plan once you scan the QR code.
- Scan the QR code (you must be connected to the internet) to configure the eSIM on your device.
- Rename your eSIM to differentiate your eSIM from your SIM card.
- Once you arrive at your destination, activate your Android or IOS data roaming.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet!
Why should I get an eSIM card for Santo Domingo?
Because with it you will be able to connect to the internet without using the expensive roaming service. This makes it very accessible for most travelers.
Anyway, those who still don’t have an eSIM-compatible cell phone can pick a SIM card for Santo Domingo for their trip, which offers more data than the virtual SIM card.
An eSIM could be useful if you forgot to buy your card before traveling. In those cases, it’s your best option because the purchasing process is very short, and you don’t have to wait to receive your product. Everything is immediate.
Which is the best eSIM for Santo Domingo?
To help you pick the best option, here you have a comparison between three different brands. Among them, you can find Holafly, YeSIM, and TravelSIM. You are going to see a comparison of data, days, prices, support, and compatibility.
|Holafly||5||2.5GB||$27||Spanish/English/French/German||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||7||3.5GB||$34||Spanish/English/French/German||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||10||5GB||$37||Spanish/English/French/German||iOS / Android|
|Holafly||15||7.5GB||$47||Spanish/English/French/German||iOS / Android|
|YeSIM||14||1GB||$64.22||English||iOS / Android|
|TravelSIM||30||3GB||$141.29||Spanish||iOS / Android|
Best price for Santo Domingo.
YeSIM and TravelSIM are the ones that have the highest prices. Holafly offers similar data to that of TravelSIM for a cheaper price.
Support in your language to activate your eSIM.
Holafly offers support in Spanish, English, French, and German. YeSIM offers English, and TravelSIM offers Spanish. TravelSIM offers support after you sign up on their platform. On the other hand, Holafly solves your doubts before buying!
eSIM with more mobile data for Santo Domingo.
Holafly offer 7.5 GB and 15 days of use. TravelSIM has 3GB and 30 days of use but is more expensive than the other two.
Which eSIM for Santo Domingo is easier to use?
Because of the language, the eSIM that is easiest to install, and use is the one Holafly offers. It has support in more languages than the other two. At the same time, the installation is through a QR code that you will receive after you make the purchase. You don’t have to install anything on your smartphone.
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical chip for Santo Domingo
Both options serve the same purpose. The advantages of the eSIM are aimed at comfort, but some advantages of the traditional SIM card are missed. You will know about the main benefits below:
- Easy purchasing: you can receive the eSIM wherever you are. In the rural zone, urban, or even on the beaches of Santo Domingo.
- You receive it immediately: you don’t have to wait or go and pick up your eSIM because you receive it on your email, ready to be activated.
- It does not pollute: physical SIM cards are made with plastic, but the eSIM is on your phone’s hardware, so you can install it or erase it easily.
- Multiple plans: you can take as many data plans to your trip as you need and activate them one by one, every time you need them. The only thing you have to do is to exchange them from the settings of your mobile.
Which mobile operators use eSIM for Santo Domingo?
In Santo Domingo, there are cellular operators from many big companies, such as América Móvil, the owner of Claro. There is also Altice and Viva. However, none of these three offer eSIMs for their customers.
The people of Santo Domingo will have to wait a little more to enjoy this technology from their favorite operator. On the other hand, travelers can take a good international eSIM with coverage with them to Santo Domingo.
eSIM for Santo Domingo, which eSIM should I get?
Thanks to its customer support, customer trust, and good reputation in Trustpilot, Holafly is a great option to connect to the internet in Santo Domingo without having to pay for international roaming.
Both TravelSIM and Holafly offer the same data, but the latter is cheaper and has the advantage of offering customer service and support before buying and without needing to sign up to a website or app.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Santo Domingo
Absolutely! You can share as much data as you want. No restrictions!
In Santo Domingo, you will connect to Claro’s network.
You can buy as many eSIM as you need for your trip. You can even buy it in Santo Domingo rural zone. Make sure you have the internet connection you need to download and install it.
Yes. Now, your smartphone is a dual SIM phone. Before traveling, we recommend you configure your device so it only uses the eSIM data and does not connect to the roaming of your local SIM.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Santo Domingo.
- If you are not using your cell phone, turn off the mobile data. This way, you will prevent your apps from consuming your internet.
- Download apps, videos, and games before traveling, so you don’t waste your mobile data on this.
- Don’t watch videos from YouTube or streaming platforms because they consume a lot of data.
- When you configure your plan, check the instructions to know how to connect.
- Before traveling to Santo Domingo, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.