Do you know which is the best eSIM to travel to Berlin? If you are traveling to this city famous for its beer and its many museums, you must stay connected all the time, there is no doubt that you will need an eSIM for your trip.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about the virtual SIM card to travel to Berlin. You will learn about prices, characteristics, advantages, where to get one, and more information that will help you.
Where can I buy an eSIM to travel to Berlin?
There are three possible options to buy your eSIM for Berlin.
- Get the eSIM through online stores, like the Spanish company Holafly, which offers this product for a wide variety of destinations.
- Look for German operator stores which sell virtual SIM cards. You can do this once you land at your destination.
- You can get a prepaid SIM card if your cell phone can’t handle an eSIM.
Unlimited data eSIM for Berlin
Buy an Unlimited data eSIM for Berlin with a 5% OFF. Code: BNOMAD
What is a Holafly eSIM for Berlin?
Let’s make something clear… An eSIM is a device that will replace traditional SIM cards (nano-SIM). It is implanted in high-end smartphones, it can host many lines from different telephone operators, and its data plan is activated with a QR code. You can get this product at the Holafly online eSIM store.
Advantages of the Holafly eSIM for Berlin.
Let us tell you about the advantages:
- There is no contract or minimum clause, and the purchase is very easy.
- You can keep your WhatsApp in English and continue using the app.
- 24-hour chat support. There’s also over the phone service.
- Check if your phone is eSIM compatible: list of eSIM compatible cell phones.
- If you have to use both cards: eSIM and a physical chip at the same time, you can do it. There is no inconvenience with that.
- 3G or 4G speed. This device can connect to any of those networks.
If you are located in a North American country, this is your best option, because the Holafly physical SIM card can only be delivered to countries like France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Luxembourg. Get it from any corner of the world!
How do I activate it?
Don’t worry about the steps you must follow for its activation, they are very simple.
- First of all, enter the Holafly online store, look for your destination (Germany in this case), and complete the purchase.
- Once you do this, you will receive a QR in your email, which is necessary to install your eSIM on your mobile phone.
- You have to scan the QR code, (it is necessary to be connected to a Wifi network), to install the eSIM.
NOTE: the cell phone with which you scan the QR code must be the one that’s going to carry the data plan.
- Give it a different name, to differentiate it from the physical SIM card.
- When you land in Berlin, activate the data roaming from the network settings of your Android or IOS.
- And… it’s done! That’s it. Now you will have access to the internet at this destination!
How much does the eSIM for Berlin cost?
The eSIM for Berlin has different plans with following characteristics:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$99|
Prepaid SIM card for Berlin
If you are in a country like Spain, Germany, Italy, France, or Luxembourg, this is the best alternative for you because Holafly delivers its SIM card to your place for free and before you travel. The SIM card for Berlin is known for the following reasons:
- If you are in Berlin, the card arrives at your place for free. It can even be sent to your hotel.
- You can activate it right when you get to your destination to enjoy your data plan without losing a minute.
- 4G speed.
- You keep your WhatsApp number in your language, with no restrictions.
- In case you need help, you can access the 24-hour chat support. There is also over-the-phone assistance.
- It has coverage in Berlin and another 47 European destinations, so if you are in Berlin but you also want to travel to some neighboring country, you can do it and still use your data.
- You count with a United Kingdom number so you can receive calls.
If your phone is not eSIM compatible, we recommend using this physical card. It will even be of more help since you can use it in more countries than the eSIM.
How much does the physical chip for Berlin cost?
The Holafly SIM card for Berlin, (which is useful in another 47 European destinations) currently has two different plans:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€ and USD)|
|30 days||8GB||€34 / $40|
|30 days||12GB||€44 / $52|
Advantages of the eSIM vs the physical SIM card for Berlin.
- Easy purchasing: getting the Holafly eSIM card is very simple and easy.
- It does not need a physical installation: an eSIM or virtual card is a device implanted in cell phones, so you won’t have to put or take out this device physically.
- You can use many lines simultaneously: a virtual SIM can host more than one line at the same time, something that is not possible with traditional SIM cards.
- Network stability: usually, the connection of the eSIM is more stable and efficient.
T-Mobile eSIM for Berlin
The virtual SIM card that you will acquire in the T-Mobile physical store has the following characteristics:
- You download it from the operator’s web through a QR code.
- You can only get this eSIM if you are a regular customer of this operator.
- Service and support from many digital service channels.
- There aren’t many specific plans for the eSIM compared to the physical SIM card.
It is not recommendable to look for an eSIM at the airport since it will be hard to find one.
Vodafone virtual SIM card for Berlin.
The eSIM that you will buy in the Vodafone physical store is known for the following features:
- It makes the portability process easier without having to change the eSIM.
- It lets you have more than one number on your phone.
- This eSIM card is also compatible with some smartwatches.
- To acquire it, you don’t need a minimum clause.
An eSIM lets you use the physical card at the same time. You can use both cards if you need to.
Which is the best eSIM for Berlin?
At this point, there is no doubt: that the best option is Holafly. With Holafly, you will have 24-hour chat support, and the purchasing process is easy and quick. In case your device is not eSIM compatible, Holafly offers a physical card, just as good as its virtual SIM card.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Berlin.
The installation of the eSIM is done through a QR code, and it has to be done before you travel to your destination. Before you get to Berlin, the data plan must be configured already.
Yes! You can use your SIM card and the eSIM at the same time. But you have to know that your operator will charge you for international roaming.
You can choose any of the three different options: buying through online stores (like Holafly) before traveling. Getting it in a physical store at the airport once you arrive; or, if your cell phone is not eSIM compatible, you can get a physical SIM card like the one Holafly offers.
Yes. Just like physical SIM cards, the eSIM has an expiration date. In the case of Holafly, its eSIM lasts 30 days from the day of its activation
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Berlin.
- It’s better to get your eSIM before traveling to Berlin. Usually, buying an eSIM at the airport is very expensive.
- Make sure your phone or device has unlocked bands so that you can connect to German networks without any problem.
- Download apps, videos, and games before traveling. This way, your mobile data will last longer.
- If your smartphone is not eSIM compatible, you can get a physical SIM card for this country.
- Before traveling to Berlin check the requisites, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
And… we’re done! This article has come to an end. There is no doubt: the best eSIM you can choose is the one Holafly offers. It will provide you with a fast and all-time connection. You will enjoy it during your whole trip!
Other destinations to travel with an eSIM or SIM card.
Once you get to Berlin, you can travel to other European destinations, so this might be of your interest:
- Best eSIM for Europe: Which one should I pick?
- SIM card to travel to Europe.
- Best eSIM to travel to Switzerland.