Do you want to get to know one of the most cultural destinations in the world? Of course, you do! So, you will need the best SIM card for India. You will definitely need this device if you want to be connected all the time.
That’s the reason why this article will tell you everything you need to know about the best chip for India. Prices, features, advantages, where and how to get it, and more for you to make the best decision. Keep reading!
Where can I buy a SIM card for India?
Currently, you have three different options to get this card:
- Get it on international online stores that offer international prepaid cards.
- Look for physical points of sale when you arrive at the airport.
- Or, you can buy a virtual SIM card, (also known as eSIM), it is so much easier to use and it is the new trend for travelers!
Holafly SIM card for India
If you are in Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Luxembourg, or Switzerland, Holafly will deliver your physical SIM card for free to your house or office, before you travel to India. The SIM card has the following characteristics:
- Unlimited 2G data, and 128kbps upload.
- You can share data with this device.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language.
- 24-hour chat service and support, for you to solve any problem.
- It counts with Airtel coverage, one of the best operators in this country.
This chip does not have coverage in the following Indian cities: Diskt, Gulmarg, Jammu, Kargil, Cachemira, Katra, Leh, Plan Bandipora, and Srinagar.
How much does the physical chip cost?
It counts with only one plan:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€ / USD)|
|15 days||6GB||€47 / $54|
Reliance SIM card for India.
When you get to India you are going to find a physical Reliance operator store. This company’s SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- 4G network connection, and in some cases, 4G LTE network connection.
- Unlimited calls and text inside this destination.
- There is a minimum clause for prepaid SIM cards.
- Different browsing and social media cellular.
The Holafly SIM card is aimed at travelers that will only stay in this destination for some days or weeks.
T24 SIM card for India.
When you arrive at the airport in India you will find a physical T24 operator store. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- 4G and 5G network connections.
- Plans to share with other devices.
- Unlimited texts inside India.
- There is a minumum clause.
Holafly offers 24/7 chat and telephonic support and service, in case you have any problems.
eSIM for India, the new alternative
The eSIM is a device that is implanted on the cell phone’s hardware. It is 90% smaller than a nano-SIM and it is configured with a QR code that activates the data plan. You can get it on the Holafly eSIM store.
Purchasing a Holafly eSIM is very easy, just like the installation and activation process. This card has the following characteristics:
- You receive the QR code for its installation and activation right when you make the purchase.
- Easy instructions for its installation and activation.
- High-speed connection (4G LTE).
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language, so you can still use this app.
- You can share data with other devices, such a great advantage if you are not traveling alone.
- 24-hour service and support via chat or email.
- You can use both the eSIM and your SIM card if you have to.
You have to make sure your cellphone is unlocked and is eSIM compatible (list of supported cellphones). Also, this eSIM does not include a local number.
eSIM for India
Buy an eSIM for India with a 5% OFF. Code: BYOURESIM5
How much does an eSIM card for India cost?
The virtual card for India has only one available plan:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
If you are in a Latin American country you buy, receive the QR code, and activate the data plan when you arrive at your destination.
Which is the best eSIM for India?
There is no doubt, Holafly has the best eSIM for India. It has 24-hour chat support and service, an easy installation and activation process, you keep your WhatsApp in your language, and so many advantages.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for India
The main operators are the following: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, and Airtel. The Holafly physical chip works with the Airtel networks.
There are many options: you can buy a SIM card in the airport, you can acquire a SIM card or an eSIM before traveling, o depending on the public Wifi networks of the city you are in.
You will have an internet connection on your SIM card (either physical or virtual), so you won’t have to depend on public Wifi networks or pocket wifi.
With Holafly you have 24/7 chat service and support for your SIM or eSIM card. There’s also over-the-phone assistance.
Recommendations to choose the best SIM for India.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to other telephone networks.
- Before traveling to India, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Don’t watch videos on streaming platforms (such as Amazon Prime or Netflix). Otherwise you’ll run out of data quickly.
- Don’t buy your SIM card at the airport, because it could be more expensive. Also, you may have problems communicating with the natives.
Alright, we have reached the end of this article. Hopefully, this information will help you pick the best SIM card for India. If you choose Holafly, you won’t experience bad moments!