Do you want to get to know one of the most cultural destinations in the world? Of course, you do! So, you will need the best chip SIM card for India. You will definitely need this device if you want to be connected all the time.
That’s the reason why this article will tell you everything you need to know about the best chip for India. Prices, features, advantages, where and how to get it, and more for you to make the best decision. Keep reading!
eSIM for India
Where can I buy a SIM card for India?
Currently, you have three different options to get this card:
- Get it on international online stores that offer international prepaid cards.
- Look for physical points of sale when you arrive at the airport.
- Or, you can buy a virtual SIM card, (also known as eSIM), it is so much easier to use and it is the new trend for travelers!
Jio SIM card for India.
When you get to India you are going to find a physical Jio operator store. This company’s SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- 4G network connection, and in some cases, 4G LTE network connection.
- Unlimited calls and 100 SMS inside this destination.
- There is a minimum clause of 5$ for prepaid SIM cards.
- Different browsing and social media cellular.
The Holafly SIM card is aimed at travelers who will only stay in this destination for some days or weeks.
Airtel SIM card for India.
When you arrive at the airport in India you will find a physical Airtel operator store. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- 4G and 5G network connections.
- Plans from 1.5 GB to use in 28 days.
- Unlimited calls inside India and 100 SMS daily.
- There is a minumum clause of 5$.
Holafly offers 24/7 chat and telephonic support and service, in case you have any problems.
eSIM for India, the new alternative
The eSIM is a device that is implanted on the cell phone’s hardware. It is 90% smaller than a nano-SIM and it is configured with a QR code that activates the data plan. You can get it on the Holafly eSIM store.
Purchasing a Holafly eSIM is very easy, just like the installation and activation process. This card has the following characteristics:
- You receive the QR code for its installation and activation right when you make the purchase.
- Easy instructions for its installation and activation.
- Recharge your service through top-ups for more days or data.
- High-speed connection (4G LTE) with Airtel India network support.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language, so you can still use this app.
- You can share data with other devices, such a great advantage if you are not traveling alone.
- 24-hour service and support via chat or email.
- You can use both the eSIM and your SIM card if you have to.
You have to make sure your cellphone is unlocked and is eSIM compatible (list of supported cellphones). Also, this eSIM does not include a local number.
How much does an eSIM card for India cost?
The virtual card for India has only one available plan:
|Days of use
If you are in a Latin American country you buy, receive the QR code, and activate the data plan when you arrive at your destination. For this reason, for many, it is a better alternative to international roaming.
You may be interested to know about the best SIM card for Uganda
Which is the best eSIM for India?
There is no doubt, Holafly has the best eSIM for India. It has 24-hour chat support and service, an easy installation and activation process, you keep your WhatsApp in your language, and so many advantages.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for India
The main operators are the following: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, and Airtel. The Holafly physical chip works with the Airtel networks.
There are many options: you can buy a SIM card in the airport, or you can acquire a SIM card or an eSIM before traveling, depending on the public Wi-Fi networks of the city you are in.
You will have an internet connection on your SIM card (either physical or virtual), so you won’t have to depend on public Wifi networks or pocket wifi.
With Holafly you have 24/7 chat service and support for your virtual SIM or eSIM card. There’s also over-the-phone assistance for any problem.
Recommendations to choose the best SIM for India.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands so that it can connect to other telephone networks.
- Before traveling to India, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Don’t watch videos on streaming platforms (such as Amazon Prime or Netflix). Otherwise you’ll run out of data quickly.
- Don’t buy your SIM card at the airport, because it could be more expensive. Also, you may have problems communicating with the natives.
Alright, we have reached the end of this article. Hopefully, this information will help you pick the best SIM card for India. If you choose Holafly, you won’t experience bad moments!