Don’t risk traveling disconnected in San Salvador. Get the best eSIM for San Salvador and share your adventures in the newly restored city center, its beautiful museums, and the Church of the Rosary.
And so, in this article, we’re going to share everything you need to know about the best eSIM for San Salvador. Prices, features, advantages, where and how to get it, and all the information you need to pick the best eSIM for your travel. Let’s go!
eSIM for San Salvador
Where can I buy an eSIM for San Salvador?
Check the following options to get an eSIM for San Salvador and decide which one is easiest for you:
- Get it on international online stores, like Holafly.
- Look for points of sale once you land. Make sure that they have eSIM cards available.
- Or, if your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, you can always get a physical SIM card for your stay in San Salvador.
What is an eSIM?
An eSIM is a device that is implanted in the cellphone’s hardware and doesn’t need a physical installation. On the other hand, it is 90% smaller than a traditional nano-SIM, and is activated using a QR code. You can get the eSIM for San Salvador or any other country in the Holafly virtual store!
Advantages of an eSIM for San Salvador.
The Holafly eSIM for San Salvador has the following advantages:
- No minimum clause.
- You can buy it anytime and from anywhere in the world.
- Keep your WhatsApp number.
- You can use both cards simultaneously, the eSIM and the SIM card.
- You’ll be able to share your data in case you are traveling with other people.
- A high-speed connection (4G LTE).
- 24-hour chat service and support. You can also call for help.
For those who live in Latin America, the eSIM is their best option because it is an effortless, quick, and secure purchase.
How do I activate my eSIM card for San Salvador?
Follow these steps to get and activate your eSIM:
- On the Holafly store, pick your destination (El Salvador in this case), and complete the purchase.
- Once you do that, you’ll receive the QR code that will install the data plan in your email.
- Scan the QR code to configure the eSIM in your device. Remember, the cellphone with which you scan the QR must be the one that is going to carry the data plan.
- Rename your eSIM so that you can differentiate it from your SIM card.
- Once you arrive at your destination, activate your Android or IOS data roaming.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet!
REMEMBER: you install the data plan when you receive the QR code, but you activate the internet once you get to your destination.
How much does a Holafly eSIM card for San Salvador cost?
The San Salvador eSIM has the following plan available:
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
If you plan to visit other Latin American destinations, you may want to try the best eSIM for Latin America. You can also buy it on the Holafly online store.
If your smartphone is incompatible with an eSIM, then this physical SIM card for San Salvador is perfect for you!
SIM card for San Salvador.
Suppose you are in Italy, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, France, or Luxembourg. In that case, this is the best option for you because Holafly will deliver your physical SIM card to your home or office for free before you travel to San Salvador. The physical SIM card has the following characteristics:
- Insert the SIM card in your device when you land and activate the data roaming. That’s all you have to do to connect!
- You keep your WhatsApp, so you can still use this app.
- It includes a telephone number so that you can receive calls.
- This SIM card works in San Salvador and other countries such as Panama, Peru, Chile, Nicaragua, Brazil, Puerto Rico, and Uruguay.
- 24/7 chat service and support.
How much does the physical SIM cost?
The Holafly SIM card for San Salvador has two available plans:
|Days of use||Data||Price (€ and USD)|
|30 days||8GB||€34 / $35|
|30 days||12GB||€44 / $45|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical SIM for San Salvador
- Smaller size: the eSIM dimensions are much smaller than a nano-SIM card. The eSIM is implanted in the cellphone’s hardware, so it does not occupy much space.
- Easy purchasing: you can get the eSIM from anywhere in the world, buying it in virtual stores, and it is such a simple and fast purchase.
- You can use both eSIM/SIM at the same time: with an eSIM, you can still use the physical SIM, in case you have to.
- Eco-Friendly: The eSIM is an intangible product that reduces pollution!
Digicel virtual SIM card for San Salvador.
Once in San Salvador, you may find a Digicel operator point of sale. Their virtual SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Different payment methods, either virtual or physical.
- Data plans for social media.
- Unlimited calls inside this destination.
- There is a minimum clause or subscription contract.
The Holafly eSIM lets you share data with other devices, so you won’t have to worry if you’re not traveling alone.
Movistar eSIM for San Salvador.
Also, when you land at the airport, you may find a Movistar operator store. If you prefer this eSIM, check out its features below:
- They do not offer toppable plans.
- Depending on the plan you choose, you have unlimited social media apps.
- Low-cost calls and texts inside San Salvador.
- 3G and 4G LTE connection.
With the Holafly eSIM, you have 24/7 chat service and support, for you to solve any doubt or problem.
Which is the best eSIM for San Salvador?
The Holafly eSIM for San Salvador is the best alternative. By getting this eSIM, you also get many additional perks, such as 24-hour support from Holafly, the possibility of sharing data, and much more. You don’t have to worry if your cellphone is not eSIM compatible. You can always get a Holafly SIM card for San Salvador.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM
Yes, of course. The Holafly eSIM lets you share data with other devices, such a great advantage if you are not traveling alone.
No. You don’t need any type of documentation to make the purchase. With Holafly, the purchasing process is basic, fast, and safe.
Of course, you can! Anyway, you should know that your domestic operator will charge you for international roaming.
You install it when scanning the QR code, but that is not the activation of the data plan.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for San Salvador.
- If your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, you can get a SIM card for San Salvador.
- Do not use your data to download apps, videos, or games, this will drain your data quickly.
- Make sure your cellphone has unlocked bands to connect to other networks.
- Buy the eSIM before traveling. This way, you will avoid the excessive prices at the airport.
- Before traveling to San Salvador, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
Alright, traveler, we hope that after all this information, you will be able to make the best decision and pick the eSIM for San Salvador that best suits your needs. If you pick Holafly, you won’t have to worry about anything!