Do you know which is the best Unlimited data eSIM to travel to New York? Do you need to know how and where you can get one? There is no doubt that you will need an eSIM if you are going to travel to one of the most visited places in the world and you want to be connected all the time.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about the eSIM card to travel to New York. You will learn about prices, characteristics, advantages, things to keep in mind, where to get one, and more information that will help you.
Where can I buy an eSIM to travel to New York?
If you are traveling to New York, we’ll show you below the three possible options you have to buy your eSIM:
- Get the eSIM through online stores, like the Spanish company Holafly.
- Once you land at your destination you can look for physical points of sale of domestic operators which sell virtual SIM cards.
- If your cell phone can’t handle an eSIM, you can acquire a prepaid SIM card for the days you will stay in New York.
Unlimited data eSIM for New York
Buy an Unlimited data eSIM for New York with a 5% OFF. Code: BYOURESIM5
What is an Holafly eSIM for New York?
Sooner or later the eSIM will replace traditional SIM cards. This device is implanted in high-end cell phones, it can host many lines from different telephone operators, and it uses a data plan that is activated with a QR code, it does not need a physical installation. It is so much easier to use than the traditional chips! You can find this product at the Holafly eSIM store.
Advantages of the Holafly eSIM for New York
The advantages you can get with the New Your eSIM are the following ones:
- You can keep your WhatsApp in English and continue using the app.
- 24-hour chat support. You can also call and ask for help.
- There is no contract or minimum clause, so buying this eSIM is very easy.
- You will have unlimited data
- If you have to keep using your physical chip, you can do it. It is possible to use both devices at the same time.
- High-speed connection, especially in cities like Miami, New York, and Orlando.
- Check if your phone is eSIM compatible: list of eSIM compatible cell phones.
If you are located in a Latin American country, this is your best option, because the Holafly physical SIM card can only be delivered to countries like Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Luxembourg.
How do I activate it?
Here you have a simple guide to activate your Holafly eSIM for New York.
- First of all, enter the Holafly online store, look for your destination (United States), and complete the purchase.
- Once you do this, you will receive a QR code on your email. This QR code will install the data plan.
- You have to scan the QR code, (it is necessary to be connected to a Wifi network), to install the eSIM. The cell phone with which you scan the QR code is the one that’s going to carry the data plan.
- Give it a different name, to differentiate it from the physical SIM card.
- When you land in New York, activate the data roaming from the network settings of your Android or IOS.
- And… that’s it! Now you will have access to the internet at this destination!
Remember: you install the data plan when you receive the QR code, but you activate the internet once you get to your destination.
How much does the eSIM for New York cost?
The eSIM for New York has different variants and the following characteristics:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$99|
Prepaid SIM card for New York
This is the perfect alternative for you if you are located in a European country like Italy, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, France, or Luxembourg. Why? Because Holafly delivers its SIM card to your place for free and before you travel. The SIM card for New York is known for the following reasons:
- It is very easy to install and to set up thanks to its simple instructions.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language, so you can keep using this app with no inconvenience.
- 24-hour chat service and support. Over-the-phone service is also available.
- 4G speed with the coverage of AT&T and T-Mobile operators.
If your phone is not eSIM compatible, then we recommend you use this physical card. It is a very good option!
How much does the Prepaid SIM Card for New York cost?
The Holafly SIM card for New York currently has two different browsing plans:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€ and USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||€29 / $29.77|
|10 days||Unlimited data||€39 / $40.04|
|15 days||Unlimited data||€49 / $50.30|
|20 days||Unlimited data||€59 / $60.57|
|30 days||Unlimited data||€87 / $89.31|
|60 days||Unlimited data||€169 / $173.49|
|90 days||Unlimited data||€239 / $245.35|
Advantages of the eSIM vs the physical SIM card for New York.
- Easy purchasing: with the Holafly eSIM card you buy and receive the QR code immediately. On the other hand, with the physical SIM, you have to wait until the card arrives at your place.
- You can use both devices at the same time: with an eSIM you can still use the SIM card of your domestic operator.
- You help the environment: being a device that goes implanted on the cellphone’s hardware it doesn’t need a physical installation. This means that there is no use of polluting materials.
- Network stability: usually the internet and telephonic connection of the eSIM is more stable and efficient.
AT&T eSIM for New York
The eSIM for the USA that you will acquire in the AT&T physical store has the following characteristics:
- Minimum clause.
- If you are not a regular customer of this operator, you can’t buy this product.
- Email service and support. You can also ask for help on the official web of the company.
- There are different plans for browsing and social media, depending on the days of use.
It is not recommended to buy the eSIM when you land. Why? Because you will have to look for a physical store that sells this product and hope for it to be open by the time you land at your destination.
T-Mobile eSIM card for New York
The eSIM that you will buy in the T-Mobile physical store is known for the following features:
- 4G and 5G connection.
- Unlimited data packets for some apps.
- You must be a customer of this operator to get the eSIM.
- Service and support via email, chat, and telephone.
An eSIM lets you use the physical card at the same time. You can use both cards if you need to.
Which is the best eSIM for New York?
The best option is Holafly. This is because of the following reasons: buying it is very easy and you can do it from wherever you are; you will have 24-hour chat support; you can use the eSIM and the physical SIM at the same time; the good quality of its data once it’s activated. If your cell phone is not eSIM compatible we recommend you the physical SIM card for the United States.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for New York.
Yes! You can use your SIM card and the eSIM at the same time. But you have to know that your operator is going to charge you for international roaming.
The installation of the eSIM is done through a QR code, and it has to be done before you travel to your destination. Before you get to New York, the data plan must be configured. Once you land, you can activate it.
No, the eSIM for the United States does not allow you to share data.
No, you don’t need a passport or any type of identification similar to it. The purchase is easy and quick, you won’t have any problem.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for New York
- Make sure your phone or device has unlocked bands, so you can connect to other networks without any problem.
- It’s better to not buy your eSIM at the airport, usually it is very expensive.
- In case your smartphone is not eSIM compatible, you can get a physical SIM card for this country.
- Do not download apps or games with your mobile data. This will only drain your data.
- Before traveling to the United States, check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
Well, this article has come to an end. We hope this information helps you make the best decision. Remember: if you pick Holafly, you will enjoy your whole trip!
Other destinations to travel with an eSIM or SIM card
Once you get to New York, you can travel to other destinations, so this might be of your interest:
- Best eSIM for USA: Which one should I pick?
- SIM card to travel to Canada.
- Best chip to travel to South America.
- Best chip to travel to the Dominican Republic.