If you’re traveling to Latin America soon, prepare for the adventure of a lifetime. It’s a marvel of our world, home to the most incredible cities, landscapes and stories. But have you thought about connecting to the internet while you’re there? And are there SIM cards allowing you to connect in multiple countries? Using data roaming from your provider is much too expensive – so we recommend buying an eSIM for Latin America which offers fast internet at an affordable price. And Holafly’s Latin America eSIM gives you connection throughout the continent.
There are no surprise bills or hidden costs, and all you need to do is scan a QR code, activate your data plan, and you’re ready to start browsing the internet! It’s the easiest way of connecting and cheaper than data roaming. Let’s learn more about this new technology.
Why buy an eSIM card for Latin America?
Modern travelers need an internet connection. Whether it’s for searching for things to do, translating from the local language, or messaging loved ones back home, staying connected is essential. The eSIM is the newest and easiest way to do this.
The eSIM (short for embedded SIM) is a virtual SIM card that offers internet and calls. Currently, few phones are compatible with eSIM technology, but experts predict it will be the future of mobile technology.
But how does the eSIM work? Well, all you have to do is scan a QR code, activate your data plan and you’ll be connected to the internet – there are no long forms to fill in or contracts to sign and no fiddly installation process.
Once you buy your eSIM, it will arrive in your emails in seconds – so you can connect no matter where you are. This makes it a more convenient option than a traditional SIM because there’s no waiting around for your card to be delivered. The whole process can be completed in minutes.
This makes connecting to the internet abroad easier than ever! Just check that your phone is compatible with this revolutionary technology.
Buy a SIM card for South America
If you don’t have an eSIM-compatible phone, buy a Latin America SIM card here
What is the best eSIM to travel to Latin America?
Let’s compare the companies that offer an eSIM for Latin America, so you can make the right choice for your trip.
|Holafly||15||6GB||$44||iOS / Android|
|GlobaleSIM||7||1GB||$46.89||iOS / Android|
|GlobaleSIM||14||3GB||$90.43||iOS / Android|
Which is the cheapest eSIM for Latin America?
Holafly and yeSIM offer the best prices. We recommend choosing Holafly if you’re going for more than 30 days – Holafly also offers bespoke 24-hour customer support.
Which Latin America eSIM offers the most data?
GlobaleSIM offers a card with 3GB of data, but at €81 this is a very expensive option. Maybe too expensive, so we recommend choosing a cheaper card with 1GB of data – this will still be enough for common internet usage.
Which Latin America eSIM is easiest to use?
Holafly’s eSIM is easy to use. You just scan a QR code, activate data roaming and you’re connected! Plus, they offer 24-hour customer support team on hand to help if you have any issues.
Advantages of the eSIM card vs a physical SIM card
Now we know what an eSIM is, let’s find out why it’s better than a physical SIM card:
- Easy purchase and activation process: you can buy your eSIM from an online store and it will arrive in your emails in seconds. You just need to scan a QR code and there’s no long contract to fill out or fiddly installation process. You’ll have internet access in minutes.
- Receive it to your email in seconds: as a virtual card, you receive your eSIM in seconds no matter where you are. So there’s no waiting around for parcels or couriers.
- Eco-friendly: it’s simple. As a virtual product, the eSIM helps reduce waste. Do your bit to help the environment.
- No chance of loss or damage: unlike a physical card, an eSIM cannot be lost, stolen or damaged. As long as you don’t delete your QR code, you’ll always be able to access the internet.
Cell phone providers and manufacturers are adopting the eSIM at a fast rate. Don’t get left behind – join the eSIM revolution now.
Which operators support eSIM in Latin America?
Mobile operators have increased their support of eSIM because of demand from customers.
Here is the full list of network providers in Latin America:
- Movistar Colombia
- Claro Colombia (Apple Watch only)
- Movistar Argentina
- Claro Argentina (Only Apple Watch)
- Claro Peru (Apple Watch only)
- Movistar Chile
- Movistar Mexico
- Telcel Mexico
- AT&T Mexico
- Movistar Uruguay
eSIM for Latin America Multi-country, which card to buy?
Having considered all the options, we recommend Holafly’s eSIM for Latin America. It is a very cheap option and offers enough data for the whole of your trip.
What else makes Holafly the best option?
- Instant delivery – no waiting around, just scan the QR code sent to your email and you’ll be able to connect.
- Keep your WhatsApp number – you’ll have access to all your current contacts and conversations even with a new SIM card
- Share data between devices – share data with your travel companions so everyone stays connected
- Easy to use – it’s simple to set up a Holafly eSIM, but if you have any problems just contact their 24-hour customer support team
Holafly’s eSIM will allow you to connect freely to the internet in the following countries:
Frequently Asked Questions about the eSIM
Holafly’s plan lasts for a full month and offers you 1GB of data – this is more than enough for common internet usages such as using social media and searching for directions.
Sharing is caring, right? With your Latin America eSIM, you can share data between multiple devices. This makes it perfect if you’re traveling in a group, as your friends and family can connect to the internet too.
eSIMs work smoothly the vast majority of the time and the set-up process is easy. But if you have any problems, just contact Holafly’s 24-hour support ream.
Holafly’s eSIM Latin America connects to the fastest network provider in the country you’re in.
Discover Latin America with your eSIM card! Share your adventure on social media with fast, secure internet connection. There are no delivery costs and no surprise bills – just one upfront fee. Get started with your Holafly eSIM for Latin America.