Do you want to know which is the best eSIM to travel to Geneva? We are going to answer all your questions and doubts here! Remember you want to have everything you need for your trip to this amazing European destination, full of mountains, chocolates, and watches. If you want to have access to the internet in this destination, you must have a SIM card or an eSIM.
That’s the reason why this article will tell you everything you need to know about the best eSIM to travel to Geneva, Switzerland. We’ll tell you all about prices, advantages, features, where to get it, how to activate it, and all the information you need to pick the best option. Let’s go!
eSIM for Geneva
Where can I buy an eSIM for Geneva?
To get this type of card you have three different options and they are the following:
- Get it on international online stores, like the Spanish company Holafly.
- FInd a physical stores when you land and make sure that they have virtual SIM cards available.
- Or, if your cellphone is not eSIM compatible, you can always get a traditional physical SIM card for your stay in Geneva.
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM is a device that will eventually replace physical cards. It is a little device (smaller than nano-SIM) that is implanted in high-end smartphones, it can host many telephone operator lines, and it uses a QR code to activate the data plan. It also does not need physical installation, whereas traditional SIM cards do.
Advantages of an eSIM for Geneva.
The Holafly eSIM has the following advantages:
- There is no minimum clause, which makes the purchasing process easy and fast.
- You have 24-hour chat support available, and you can also receive help over the phone.
- You can use your physical card and the eSIM at the same time.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language, so you can still use this app.
- If you are not traveling alone, you can share your internet connection with other devices.
- Check if your device is eSIM compatible: here is a list of compatible cell phones.
For those who live in Latin America, the eSIM is their best option because the Holafly SIM card can only be delivered within France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Luxembourg.
How do I activate my eSIM card for Geneva?
Here you have a simple guide to activate your eSIM:
- First of all, you have to enter the Holafly online store, pick your destination (Geneva in this case), and complete the purchase.
- Once you do that, you will receive the QR code on your email that will install the data plan.
- Scan the QR code (you must be connected to the internet), to configure the eSIM in your device. NOTE: The cell phone with which you scan the QR must be the one that is going to carry the data plan.
- Rename the eSIM on your phone so you can differentiate it from your regular SIM card.
- Once you arrive at your destination, activate you Androids or IOS data roaming.
- And… That’s it! Now you can access the internet!
Remember: you install the data plan when you receive the QR code, but you should only activate the internet service once you land in Switzerland.
How much does an Holafly eSIM card for Geneva cost?
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (USD)|
Physical SIM card for Geneva.
This is a perfect option if you are in a European country such as Italy, Germany, Spain, France, or Luxembourg because Holafly will deliver your physical SIM card to your house or office for free before you travel to Geneva. The physical SIM card has the following characteristics:
- Free shipping to your house, office, hostel, hotel, or wherever you arrive in Geneva.
- 4G browsing speed.
- You have the coverage of the best operators in Switzerland, (Sunrise, Swisscom, Salt).
- Receive calls through a U.K. number.
- Its instructions and installation are very easy.
- 24-hour chat service and support available.
- You can share data with others!
- You keep your WhatsApp number in your language.
If your smartphone is not compatible with an eSIM, then this physical SIM card is perfect for you.
How much does the physical chip cost?
Currently, this physical SIM for Geneva has two different plans:
|Days of use||Mobile data||Price (€ and USD)|
|30 days||8GB||€37 / $43|
|30 days||12 GB||€47 / $55|
Advantages of the virtual SIM card vs the physical chip for Geneva.
- Easy purchasing: with the Holafly digital SIM, you buy and receive the QR for its installation immediately. On the other hand, with the SIM card you have to wait for it to arrive at your house, (only available for Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, or Luxembourg).
- You can use both devices at the same time: with an eSIM you can still use the physical chip from your home counrtys operator.
- It does not pollute: Being a virtual device, it does not require a physical installation, so it doesn’t use polluting materials and that makes it an ecological product.
- Excellent connection: usually the internet connection of the eSIM is very stable and efficient.
Sunrise eSIM card for Geneva.
Another option is Sunrise operator. After you land in Geneva you can locate a physical store and get an eSim with them. Their eSIM cards have the following characteristics:
- Data plans and packages with 500MB up to 5GB.
- 50MB loading speed.
- 4G network connection, and sometimes 5G.
- You can only buy this eSIM in physical stores.
The Holafly eSIM for Switzerland connects to the best operator’s networks, such as Sunrise, Salt, and Swisscom.
Swisscom eSIM for Geneva.
One of the most popular operators in Switzerland is Swisscom. If you get a virtual SIM card with them it will have the following benefits:
- Browsing plans starting at 2 up to 5GB of data.
- Unlimited calls inside Switzerland.
- Unlimited texts inside Switzerland.
- Chat service and support available on its official website.
With the Holafly eSIM card you can share mobile data with other devices, something useful if you are not traveling alone.
Which is the best eSIM for Geneva?
The Holafly eSIM for Geneva is the ideal option for sure! But why?? Because of the following reasons: it has 24-hour chat support and customer service available; you can share data with other devices; its purchase and installation process is very simple and easy to understand. If your smartphone is not compatible, then we recommend the Holafly physical SIM card for this destination.
Frequent questions about the best eSIM for Geneva
Absolutely! It is possible to share data with other devices, a great advantage if you are not traveling alone.
Yes. There is a maximum term to use the gigabytes available on the card. The Holafly eSIM for Switzerland lasts 15 days.
You start consuming your data once you activate the data roaming. Remember, don’t activate your data until after you land at your destination.
No, it is not necessary to have a passport or any other form of identification. That’s why buying this product on the Holafly virtual store is very easy and simple.
Recommendations to choose the best eSIM for Geneva.
- Before traveling to Switzerland check the requirements, conditions, and recommendations here: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation.
- Don’t get your eSIM at the airport, it will be very expensive. It is so much better if you buy this card on online stores like Holafly.
- If you are not using your data, turn it off! You dont want to consume all your data on background apps.
- Download apps, games, and videos before traveling. If you use your mobile data your plan will run out quickly.
- Make sure your cell phone has unlocked bands, so it can connect to other networks.
And… we have reached the end of this article about the best eSIM for Geneva. There is no doubt: Holafly is the best option; either the eSIM or physical chip, they are what you need for your trip to be unforgettable!